Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Exercise, Fitness, & Health > Exercise
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2014 Go hard or stay yo a$$ home fitness thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

2014 Go hard or stay yo a$$ home fitness thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 366367368369370 394>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 16 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2014 at 8:34am
So I did a intermediate 5k training over the summer inbattemptbto improve me 5k time but it wasn't too effective. So today I started couch to 5k again this morning.. But instead of walking and jogging intervals, I go my normal 5k pace on the walking part and go faster on the jogging part. I hope this works out on improving my speed. Its also nice because during the school year its hard to get up and run 7 miles before classes. Lol
Sponsored Links

ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2014 at 9:48am
Originally posted by Miss B Miss B wrote:

Originally posted by ThatGurlD ThatGurlD wrote:

Did legs and speed work.  Ran two miles fast for an average pace of 8:19.  Very happy with that time which results from some things I learned at the BGR conference which BTW was amazing!

Please share!

Worked with Tina Klein who is 6th in the world for women's 1500  http://balancedrunningllc.com/

She worked with us on keeping our "nipples forward" to open the chest cavity and prevent dropping our heads.  Then we "fell forward" which was like a lean into the next step.  Sort of like the poster of a downhill skier.  She instructed us that we should land on the balls of our feet and our elbows stay close to the body.  That faster you pump your arms, the faster your legs go.  

I feel like that's a horrible recap but it was amazing nonetheless and I am so excited for my last big race of the season, the Bellingham Bay Half Marathon.  I can't wait to see the difference these techniques will make.
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2014 at 10:17am
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

does anyone takes isopure powder to make shakes? did you see any improvement by taking that consistently?

I use Dynamix protein powder....i didn't like the taste of Isopure..
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2014 at 11:56am
My sister takes isopure and recommended it, plus her friend who lifts heavy drinks it too, but I wanted more opinions.
I am going to buy it today. I don't expect it to taste good, I just want it to help me.

Oh and tonight I am going to take this pre-workout energy supplement called C4 extreme to see what happensWink
Miss B View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2014 at 12:03pm
^^^ I like the Giant Sports Delicious Vanilla Protein Powder. The protein to carb ratio is really awesome, and it actually is delicious, lol.

Oddly enough rarely use it in actual shakes. I add it to oatmeal, make pancakes with it, but really can't remember when last I just drank it, lol.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2014 at 1:02pm
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2014 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

My sister takes isopure and recommended it, plus her friend who lifts heavy drinks it too, but I wanted more opinions.
I am going to buy it today. I don't expect it to taste good, I just want it to help me.

Oh and tonight I am going to take this pre-workout energy supplement called C4 extreme to see what happensWink
I was just looking at the C4 deal on groupon. But from the reviews on youtube..C4 is kinda weak. idk

Im currently taking PreOG....on a bad day i take 1/2 a scoop. I benched pressed nothing but the bar today but walked out of the gym like was pushing 250. lol.... 
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2014 at 1:16pm
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2014 at 7:09pm
I'm doing a Nike+ challenge with some people on Twitter.
We should do one here next month.
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2014 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

I'm doing a Nike+ challenge with some people on Twitter.
We should do one here next month.

What's the challenge?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon