Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Exercise, Fitness, & Health > Exercise
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2014 Go hard or stay yo a$$ home fitness thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

2014 Go hard or stay yo a$$ home fitness thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 338339340341342 390>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 16 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2014 at 3:54pm
One-hour of body pump (weight lifting) and 45 minutes of cardio (2 miles and then elliptical).  Good workout with my baby girl!
Sponsored Links

ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2014 at 10:41am
Back to the gym today for endurance work.  When I'm on the treadmill or elliptical, I go way harder than when I'm road running. I know this because of how much more I sweat.  My Nike+ gives me my speed on the road but it's hard without that panel in front of me to make myself speed up.  I'm sore as heck from lifting yesterday so I'm just going to do an hour of elliptical and 5 min of planks broken up into 1 min a piece.  I have lost 20 lbs since April and would really like to lose another 30 altogether.  

I was doing the intermittent fasting and six workouts a week but now that i'm back in school, my time is so much more limited.  I have maintained the weight loss but haven't really been working out a lot.  I'm preparing my food for the next three days (slow cooker beans and veggies, salads, tuna/chicken salad, etc.) and getting back at it.  Five more pounds to the half way point.  I can do this!
femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2014 at 11:26am
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2014 at 12:09pm
Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2014 at 6:22pm
^^ Hardcore!! Clap

Did a 20 min. jump rope/interval training cardio routine (push-ups, crunches, & lunges).

Kept it light for Sunday....Embarrassed
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2014 at 6:41pm
AZ...I'm really trying to improve my yoga

I just don't know how to start with balancing, like headstand, handstand, etc...should i just start on a wall? lol

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2014 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by femmefatale85 femmefatale85 wrote:

AZ...I'm really trying to improve my yoga

I just don't know how to start with balancing, like headstand, handstand, etc...should i just start on a wall? lol

Hey Femme! Big smile *waves*

Are you a beginner? If so, Try to start with something simple like a few rounds of Sun Salutations. There's plenty of examples on YT for beginners. Sun Salutations give your entire body a good stretch from head to toe, increases range of motion in the spine, muscles, & joints, and gets you used to using your breath with movement.

Along with that, there are some balancing poses you could start with such as Tree Pose, Warrior III, But to build the strength needed in the arms and shoulders for things like handstands for example: Downward Facing Dog, Dolphin Pose, Chatarunga Dandasana, (yogi push-ups).

And yes, by all means, for safety...please start on a wall. It takes a lot of strength in both the abdomen and spine to freely balance in those poses. HTH! Smile

Edited by Az~Maverick - Aug 03 2014 at 7:07pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2014 at 7:09pm
I wouldn't say I'm a beginner anymore...kind of getting bored with the same routine and want to try challenging positions now

i've been doing those s
ame poses for months now and idk how to tr
ansition :( lol

th
anks!

Edited by femmefatale85 - Aug 03 2014 at 7:09pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2014 at 7:19pm
What's your routine, as far as poses?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2014 at 7:54pm
ok i couldnt find the best sequence but i do a lot of salutations...most i do for balance is crow, tree, and dancer

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 338339340341342 390>
  Share Topic