BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

2013 APL CHALLENGE? ANY TAKERS?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bt0wnzH0nnie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bt0wnzH0nnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 2:31am
Now ,look! I told you way back in texts that i made a challenge. you need to put that length check pic i took of you in your avi!

Originally posted by iluvmihair iluvmihair wrote:

Originally posted by Bt0wnzH0nnie Bt0wnzH0nnie wrote:

@happygrrrl those ingredients in that nioxin is looking pretty good! my BFF threw 2 bottles of biotin pills in my purse and i have yet to use them. im tempted now! Glad your regimen is working out for you also!

Don't sleep on that Biotin! Good luck hunny!! And I am rooting for both of us!! Clap

Im mad u didnt tell me u started a challenge!Ouch
Sponsored Links

happygrrrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happygrrrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 12:33am

Now ,look! I told you way back in texts that i made a challenge. you need to put that length check pic i took of you in your avi!

Originally posted by iluvmihair iluvmihair wrote:

@happygrrrl those ingredients in that nioxin is looking pretty good! my BFF threw 2 bottles of biotin pills in my purse and i have yet to use them. im tempted now! Glad your regimen is working out for you also!

Don't sleep on that Biotin! Good luck hunny!! And I am rooting for both of us!! Clap

Im mad u didnt tell me u started a challenge!Ouch

Bt0wnzH0nnie Thank you I will not be sleeping on the Biotin because I have seen how well it works Wink

OK ladies I like to research stuff, so let me tell you some interesting information I found in regards to why Nioxin apparently worked so well for so many. Apparently, this Proprietary Blend was the secret sauce that made this pill work its magic. Here is a breakdown of a few of them.

Wild Yam Root

This one is just for you ladies! Wild Yam Root promotes hair growth in women...and women only. The root produces Progesterone in your body, which not only balances the production of hormones, but also treats several menopausal symptoms, including hair loss. It makes a great natural hair restoration remedy and fortunately, it is available in many forms.

Saw Palmetto

Works just as well as Propecia, and without any side effects. Saw palmetto is also popular as an herbal remedy for a type of hair loss and baldness called androgenic alopecia, or male- and female-pattern baldness. This type of hair loss is typically the greatest at the top of the head or around the temples. Many naturopathic physicians have found that Saw Palmetto greatly helps women grow their thinning head hair back, while also reducing unwanted facial and body hair growth.

Stinging Nettle

Is said to prevent hereditary hair loss, called androgenetic alopecia, which accounts for 95 percent of all hair loss. Proponents of stinging nettle claim it is safe and effective in reducing hair loss caused by androgenetic alopecia, or the conversion of testosterone into follicle-harming dihydrotestosterone (DHT).

According to Christian Nordqvist, editor of Medical News Today if you take 320 mg of saw palmetto or 60 mg of pygeum capsules, along with the stinging nettles, it can stop testosterone from being converted to DHT (dihydrotestosterone). DHT blocks your hair follicles from absorbing protein, causing them to die.  Ironically, these are the same ingredients in Nioxins proprietary blend.  

Pygeum bark

Medline Plus notes that pygeum bark had many traditional uses, including as a cure for impotence, malaria and hair loss. What it has in common with saw palmetto and nettle root is, Pygeum is believed to inhibit the enzyme 5-alpha reductase which converts testosterone to follicle-damaging DHT. Despite a lack of clinical evidence of any positive impact on hair loss, Pygeum can be found in a number of natural hair loss remedies. In one clinical study, the effects of Pygeum africanum on BPH were examined in conjunction with nettle root extract (another DHT blocking agent) and it was concluded that combining these two herbs increased their effectiveness.

Tocotrienol

"An eight month study performed at the School of Pharmaceutical Sciences at the University of Science Malaysia showed daily supplements of a patented tocotrienol (vitamin E) complex may increase hair growth in people with male pattern baldness by 42 percent.[56]"

Here is information regarding the study conducted;

http://www.tocotrienol.org/s/stories/pdf_upload/Magazines/tsuprabio%20hair%20loss%20prion%20and%20beyond.pdf - http://www.tocotrienol.org/images/st...d%20beyond.pdf

"An 8-month study was performed at the School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Science Malaysia with 28 volunteers aged 18 to 59 years with mild to moderately severe hair loss.

Volunteers supplemented with Tocomin SupraBio showed statistically significant higher hair counts postsupplementation (p<0.01). An average of 41.8% increase in the number of hair was observed after 8 months whereby

• 8 volunteers (40.0%) showed >50%
hair growth
• 1 volunteer (5.0%) showed 25-50%
hair growth
• 9 volunteers (45.0%) showed
10-25% hair growth
• 1 volunteer (5.0%) showed <10%
hair growth"

PHYTOSTEROL COMPLEX or Beta Sitosrerol

Exactly how beta sitosterol helps prevent hair loss is not very clear. Studies seem to indicate that it works by stopping the enzyme 5 alpha reductase dead in its tracks. This enzyme converts testosterone into another hormone called DHT, and if you did not know, DHT is bad news for hair. Therefore, if beta sitosterol can stamp out the action of 5 alpha reductase then a major cause of male pattern hair loss can be fended off.

As for side effects, the odd beta sitosterol user has reported a decrease in libido, if this happens to me I will cease using the product – hair is good, but not THAT good. LOLGenerally, people have reported an increase in libido. In addition, for the first couple of weeks you may experience an oily itchy scalp, apparently this is a “pre-cursor to regrowth”.

So, if you saw my earlier post, you can see I looked up most of the ingredients, and they seem to work very well together to create phenomenally fast hair growth. I see no reason why we as individuals cant recreate that magic without paying the high cost. It does kinda suck its not all in one pill but maybe someone out there can find one? In the meantime, if I have to take 20 pills a day so be it. Happy Hair growing!!!Clap
Quiann00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quiann00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by Quiann00 Quiann00 wrote:

-Post current length picture
I took this picture on Jan 4

Sorry it's so big.  My hair was wet, so I didn't get a really good picture.

-Natural: (although I've relaxed my edges twice last year)
-Regimen: Sulfate free shampoos/conditioners.  I wash my hair every two weeks with co-washes in-between. Megatek on the days that I wash. Deep condition on days that I co-wash.

-Growth aids: I made a little mix of shea butter, castor, jojoba, almond, grapeseed, avocado and coconut oils.  I use the mix when braiding my hair under my wigs.  I'm also taking Multivitamins, B-complex and an extra Biotin 1000mcg supplement.

-Protective style: u-part wigs.  I'm trying to be wigged up the whole year.  I'll also be wearing closure wigs.

-What will you do different this year than last to achieve the goal?
I would get regular trims.  2012 was a bad year for my hair; I really neglected it.  After I started wearing my wigs, I stopped paying attention to my hair.  About a month ago, I got a hair cut and lost about 3-4 inches of hair during the cut.  I'm back at about shoulder length.  I've been natural 4 years and I really have nothing to show for it.  Lord wiling, I would love to be at bsl by the end of 2013. My hair has never been that long.  Therefore, that would be a great accomplishment.

Since my last post, I've washed once with Giovanni 50/50 balanced to clarify and rewashed with AG recoil.  I conditioned with AG recoil conditioner, Hawaiian Silk Moroccan Argon Oil Intensive Repair Mask (sulfate & paraben free) and Megatek.  I wore a wig with leaveout since.  Today I co washed (only because I was taking my braids down to change up the pattern) with AG recoil conditioner.  I sealed with Jojoba oil and braided my hair using my shea butter/oil mix that I mentioned in my last post.

Below is a picture right before braiding

Again, I'm sorry they are so big.  Tinypic are creating them this way.
nOB0DYb33TT3R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nOB0DYb33TT3R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 9:53pm
^^^Lookin good already girl, keep it up and you'll have no problem making your goal.
Quiann00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quiann00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 1:25pm
^ Thank you! I stopped taking the Biotin regularly because I thought it was the cause of my breakouts ( I read that somewhere here on the forum).  But I still take them about every 2 days or so.
Bt0wnzH0nnie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bt0wnzH0nnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 5:31am
Got my touch up a week ago. Haven't done much to my hair since then. I need to grab more moisturizer and oil. Gotta keep these ends hydrated! How's everyone?
happygrrrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happygrrrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 8:07am

^ Thank you! I stopped taking the Biotin regularly because I thought it was the cause of my breakouts ( I read that somewhere here on the forum).  But I still take them about every 2 days or so.

@Quiann00 I read that if you take a Super B Complex along with your biotin, it will stop your breakouts in its tracks. Biotin is really important in your hair journey. Thumbs Up

Got my touch up a week ago. Haven't done much to my hair since then. I need to grab more moisturizer and oil. Gotta keep these ends hydrated! How's everyone?

@Bt0wnzH0nnie  Hey! all is well. I'm keeping up my regime, but bagging my hair every night can sometimes be a chore, but its well worth it. Its funny my SO actually reminds me every night, did you baggy, did you take your vitamins? lolLOL  After seeing my results he's now on hair patrol lol.  To speed up my routine, the Curls Unleashed product called Take Command is an awesome moisturizer and sealer.
Quiann00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quiann00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by happygrrrl happygrrrl wrote:

@Quiann00 I read that if you take a Super B Complex along with your biotin, it will stop your breakouts in its tracks. Biotin is really important in your hair journey. Thumbs Up

@Bt0wnzH0nnie  Hey! all is well. I'm keeping up my regime, but bagging my hair every night can sometimes be a chore, but its well worth it. Its funny my SO actually reminds me every night, did you baggy, did you take your vitamins? lolLOL  After seeing my results he's now on hair patrol lol.  To speed up my routine, the Curls Unleashed product called Take Command is an awesome moisturizer and sealer.

I'm taking the Super B Complex and the Biotin together tho..
Is there any particular brand that's better? I've been using CVS brand and I just started back taking them maybe 2 days ago and I have breakouts on my forehead and both cheeks.Cry I want to take them because I did see a tremendous amount of growth from that first picture where I had just started taking them to the picture I took at the end of the month.
shalafbabii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shalafbabii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 3:28pm
Hey ladies, I'm still in a sew-in and I've changed up my regimen.
Now that my leave out is texturized I wanted to hide it because I feel like a trader lol I put my closure on top last night and dyed my weave black to match the closure. I will be wearing it like this for the rest of the month. The hair is holding up pretty well so I should be fine.

New Regimen:
Co wash weave only (ion smoothing keratin) dry shampoo bi weekly or as needed (weave and braid base)
Not washing base anymore until I take this down because it is too loose already
Spray scalp and weave with water based leave in infused with keratin (Sally's ion smoothing brand)

I've had this style since Jan 23rd. Trying to hold on until March 20th or so but ill need to get my base tightened up in two weeks.
lovenaturally94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovenaturally94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2013 at 1:20am
im in
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>