Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

2013 APL CHALLENGE? ANY TAKERS?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
natural essence View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natural essence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 5:13pm
Happy New Year All.

I would also like to join this challenge.  I am currently cornrowed up but as soon as I take down to wash I will post my current length.

-Post current length picture (Due by Jan. 31)- currently CBL in the back and just below the nose in the front
-Natural/Relaxed/Texlaxed: Natural, 4b-c in texture, fine strands
-Regimen: currently opting to use wigs as protective styles and will alternate between them and extension twist
-Growth aids: mixture of grow aut oil and sulfur megatek combination along with supplements
-Protective style: wigs, twists and buns
-What will you do different this year than last to achieve the goal?: stay away from using heat too much and try to keep up with trims..I find that if I wait too long inbetween the trims I have to cut too much off.

Sponsored Links

Quiann00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quiann00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 12:36am
-Post current length picture (Due by Jan. 31)
Will edit once I take the picture.
-Natural: (although I've relaxed my edges twice last year)
-Regimen: Sulfate free shampoos/conditioners.  I wash my hair every two weeks with co-washes in-between. Megatek on the days that I wash. Deep condition on days that I co-wash.

-Growth aids: I made a little mix of shea butter, castor, jojoba, almond, grapeseed, avocado and coconut oils.  I use the mix when braiding my hair under my wigs.  I'm also taking Multivitamins, B-complex and an extra Biotin 1000mcg supplement.

-Protective style: u-part wigs.  I'm trying to be wigged up the whole year.  I'll also be wearing closure wigs.

-What will you do different this year than last to achieve the goal?
I would get regular trims.  2012 was a bad year for my hair; I really neglected it.  After I started wearing my wigs, I stopped paying attention to my hair.  About a month ago, I got a hair cut and lost about 3-4 inches of hair during the cut.  I'm back at about shoulder length.  I've been natural 4 years and I really have nothing to show for it.  Lord wiling, I would love to be at bsl by the end of 2013. My hair has never been that long.  Therefore, that would be a great accomplishment.

Edited by Quiann00 - Jan 05 2013 at 12:40am
Lizzie03 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lizzie03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 1:35pm
I think steaming products into my braids is gonna be a winner for me. I don't like sponging products in (as in the C&G method) that's too messy or maybe it's just me Steaming my braids will also allow them to get some moisture other than adding additional products and/or reactivate what's already inside.
Certified*Baby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Certified*Baby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 2:07pm
I'm in!
Current length El/NL
Will be in sew-ins all year...will post Reggie later
shalafbabii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shalafbabii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 5:18pm
Hey ladies! Happy New Year!

I just want to update yall.... my friend just let me borrow her afro kinky curly 3/4 wig and I am in love! She's letting me rock it until I purchase my own (which will probably be at the end on February) so I am going to take it off the wig cap tonight and take current pics. I will then detangle and co wash the hair as well as my hair. Looking to keep this style for as long as I can but the hair is as hard to manage as my own Confused I guess it will give me experience for when I become "long hair dont care" status. I will be trying new products with this hair as well to know what my hair likes because it is dry and kinky just like mine.

APL!! Let's go Clap
nOB0DYb33TT3R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nOB0DYb33TT3R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by nOB0DYb33TT3R nOB0DYb33TT3R wrote:

-Post current length picture (Due by Jan. 31): I'll try to post it again
-Natural/Relaxed/Texlaxed: Natural CBL
 -Regimen: Try to wash at least once a week. Moisturize and seal every three days with EO mixture and whatever I got to moisturize with. Back to back sew-ins with about a week in between (just started this last month.)
-Growth aids- none, but hoping to get at least some biotin
-Protective styles: sew-ins mostly, bun for the week that I take my hair down to breath.
-What will you do different this year than last to achieve that goal?
I have been trying like crazy to get to APL it's been my goal since forever but I just haven't been able to get there and I'm thinking it's cuz I can't stay outta my head when I do get some growth so I'm going full throttle and only allowing a week in between installs and I plan on doing this all of 201313

Ok pics, these are from the last time I took my hair down almost two months ago I'll update again once this install comes down, anywho had to have about an inch and a half clipped (that's about all I could stand without fainting on the spot) so I still have some scraggely ends left but ooh well I'll cut them another time.... so I added some in my natural texture, straightened, high and low pony. APL leggo!!! Good luck ladies!

Eta: So of course I can't add my pics so here's the link to my photobucket hope it works

Hopefully this works

Edited by nOB0DYb33TT3R - Jan 05 2013 at 8:56pm
Cherie70 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherie70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 8:55pm
I would love to join the journey. 
Bt0wnzH0nnie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bt0wnzH0nnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 2:45am
I decided to go ahead and do the 2 step treatment on my hair today. It went fine, but it burned my scalp as I was applying it. Idk what's up with that. It stopped after I combed it thru. I'm now DC'ing w/ my silk elements, aphogee balancing moisturizer & grapseed oil under my wig. It's been about 10hrs now. I will wash it out sometime tomorrow. will have starting pic tomorrow too :)
shaquana89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaquana89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 12:26pm

*Natural/Relaxed/Texlaxed: relaxed (last relaxer was In Oct.2012

*Regimen: Put a mixture on my head every other day consisting:

-Jamaican black Castor oil.
-Sulfur - Glovers medicated ointment(2oz -to every 4oz of oil).
-Wild hair growth oil
-Peppermint oil
(first time using any of the items above so we'll see how that goes)
-wash hair every two to three weeks dealing with the fact I'm gonna have corn rolls in.

*Growth aids: will start mega tek starting February (It will be my first time using a growth aid)

*Protective style: will wear weave corn roll braids.

*What will you do different this year than last to achieve the goal: use growth aids, moisture more often and I will be consistent with my hair regime and i will continue to learn more about my hair as all of this is new to me.Drink lots of water!!...Like I say, I'm new to all this hair regime and hair products so I'm a lil everywhere as far as getting things started.just praying and hoping for great results. I'm hoping I'm on the right track if not please help me out ladies.Thanks and good luck to everyone!!

CURRENT HAIR LENGTH:CBL I think (COLLAR BONE LENGTH)

GOAL BY THE END OF YEAR:APL(ARMPIT LENGTH+)

ULTIMATE HAIR GOAL:MBL(MID BACK LENGTH) within two years : ) by 2015

GUIDELINES:
-Check in AT LEAST once a month (I will be tracking)
-Picture updates every 3months (4 times including starting pic)
-I personally hate deep conditioning, but please do it once a month
-**Drink (3) 24oz bottles of water a day** http://public.fotki.com/shaquana89/my-first-album/20121225-181058-1-jpg. - http://www.fotki.com - Hosted on Fotki[/IMG]

Edited by shaquana89 - Jan 06 2013 at 12:51pm
happygrrrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happygrrrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 1:54pm
I love looking at all the different hair regimes. I have been using MT for about 2 weeks and my hairline has dramatically thickened. I am using a hair regime I saw on ChristysHair Fotki http://public.fotki.com/ChristysHair/regimens/mm4-2013/.  She had great success using this combination and I hope I can follow in her footsteps Tongue. I have a long way to go as my hair is about three different lengths. NL in front, EL on the sides and SL in the back. So getting my entire head to APL is a HUGE goal Star. I honestly believe if I am diligent in my regime I will get there.

I have some traction alopecia on the the sides of my head so I am PRAYING the MT+MTG+MN Combo will solve the issue. Already my sides are noticeably thicker. In a month I'll post before and afters. I just found a sulfste free shampoo I LOVE called Curls Unleashed. That shampoo and conditioner are the Bomb.com it made my hair feel sooo great! 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
  Share Topic