Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

2012 Waist Length Challenge *** OPEN NOW

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6566676869>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.25  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
flwonline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flwonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2012 at 7:53am
The length of my hair is not breaking. No strands during wash days, and no breakage at any other point than the ends. Never had these problems before, so I'm really concerned.

For moisture, I use Care Free Curl activator, and Avocado Mist. Where my braids hang, I use raw white shea butter down each braid to keep them protected. 

At night, I baggy with MTG tied up with a scarf. 
Sponsored Links

Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2012 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by flwonline flwonline wrote:

The length of my hair is not breaking. No strands during wash days, and no breakage at any other point than the ends. Never had these problems before, so I'm really concerned.

For moisture, I use Care Free Curl activator, and Avocado Mist. Where my braids hang, I use raw white shea butter down each braid to keep them protected. 

At night, I baggy with MTG tied up with a scarf. 
From your picture you posted, it looks like it would benefit you greatly to cut 2 even 3 inches of your ends. If this problem has been going on for awhile then it is best to just get rid of the weak ends. Are you relaxed? If so then a protein treatment would benefit yo greatly. And the care free curl activator may be overly moisturizing your stands causing them to be limp and snap. Relaxed hairs protein bonds are already delicate and damaged just from the process of relaxing, so you need to add protein back to your hair to build strength. And a regular leave in conditioner would be better than the carefree curl because it is so wet.
flwonline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flwonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2012 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by Veemack Veemack wrote:

From your picture you posted, it looks like it would benefit you greatly to cut 2 even 3 inches of your ends. If this problem has been going on for awhile then it is best to just get rid of the weak ends. Are you relaxed? If so then a protein treatment would benefit yo greatly. And the care free curl activator may be overly moisturizing your stands causing them to be limp and snap. Relaxed hairs protein bonds are already delicate and damaged just from the process of relaxing, so you need to add protein back to your hair to build strength. And a regular leave in conditioner would be better than the carefree curl because it is so wet.

Thanks for the response. 

The weird thing is, my hair is uneven in the back. It's always been that way, so I'm not crazed by it. The hair isn't unhealthy. Its just uneven. I'll get around to cutting it one day but for now its unnecessary. It grows that way because when I get my hair braided, the distribution of my growth aids is uneven as I apply it. So, some areas grow faster than others, and then at some point down the road it catches up. 

The breakage I'm referring to is the tips of the ends. I'll see if I can take a picture. The breakage isn't massive. Its like 1/4th inch snap-offs. In total I think I lost about an inch just from the snapping. 

Me & NJoy spent a good bit of time on the phone today going over what might be wrong, because you guys know my growth is usually exponential and retention has never been a problem before. We came up with:

1 - I havent clarified in forever. This could be part of the problem. I need to do that at next wash. 
2 - I had laid off the blowdrying for over a year. Maybe my hair doesnt like it. Buh-bye heat. 
3 - I dont specifically baggy my ends, and so maybe they get brittle from being air-exposed. 
4 - I might need to take a break from the braids and start wet bunning instead.

Vee, you bring up a good point though about the CFC. It never occurred to me that I could be OVER moisturizing. My ends usually are limp. Didnt notice that until I read your post. They seem to be either really limp, or really dry. Except on wash days. (I always do a protein conditioner on wash days. Either Silicon Mix or Aphoghee)

So here's what Meh gwon do...

Next wash, CLARIFY!
I reconfigured my mix back to MM4.  Megatek, MTG, MN 4%, Emu, Tea Tree, and Peppermint Oil. 
No more heat for a while. Except for my protein DC's when I use the heating cap. 
Baggy my ends with just water and glycerine while I'm in the braids. After next week, I'm going to start wet bunning, so that way I'll avoid over moisturizing. 

What say ye Hair Sisters???
________

NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2012 at 12:10am
Go for it! Clap
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2012 at 6:53pm
Yes Flow...I think that might work. The same thing was happening to me...it almost looked like someone just cut the pieces off...no rhyme or reason either. It eventually stopped, but I did lose some length because of it. 
flwonline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flwonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2012 at 10:14pm
Baggied my ends for the first time in moons! Used water and glycerin. Omg! My ends are so, so, nice now. Also started with the new MM4 in an applicator bottle and on 2nd application I already see some improvement. No more 2% for me.

Onward to these last 4 inches. I am SO determined to get them!!

flwonline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flwonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2012 at 10:27pm
Ok, so I took Veemack's advice and cut off the jagged ends. 
I clarified and DC'd, and now I'm back to a healthy APL. UGH! (Again)
7 inches to goal. Well, at least I'm in a good starting place. 7 inches = 7 months give or take. 

Edited by flwonline - Sep 23 2012 at 10:31pm
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2012 at 12:33am
Looking good, just think of it as a early beginning of the year trim.
SimplyME. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimplyME. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2012 at 3:47pm
Your hair looks nice, flw!
flwonline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote flwonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2012 at 9:45pm
Thanks! My hair is feeling good these days. Not a single end tip has broken since the cut (Thx Veemack), and my hair has been hydrated and manageable since I started doing plastic caps with a silk scarf (Thx NJoy).

Even reconnected with my HairSisters, Nufsayd and 2CoreysLuvum for the occasion. This hair growing stuff is hard work. I need my sisters to keep me focused and be my accountability partners. LOL

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6566676869>
  Share Topic