Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2012 MBL Challenge Anyone?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 47484950>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
gorgeous92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorgeous92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 5:33pm
@browneyes your hair is amazing! so thick and healthy looking!!

@ kraizy my ends are pissing me off as well, def gunna do a real trim very soon! Glad your dcing! it makes such a difference

So my dryness that i was experiencing is pretty much gone.. i still would love for my hair to feel softer and more moisturized, but what my hair felt like before compared to this? i cant complain lol.
i totally fell of my regimen Thumbs Down for the past month ive been soo busy with school that i havent been following a wash regi at all really. this is the worst time to break my consistency since im 18 weeks post i should have really been on top of my game but whatever, my hair surprisingly doesnt seem to be suffering.
so before i was saying that i wanted to hard core protect my hair for the whole winter with clipins and cornrows, and that i wanted to stretch my relaxer to the end of the yr....i'm getting my relaxer tomorrow morning, cant take this new growth anymore, its just matting together and i dont know how to deal with it lol im excited to see the growth! but actually really scared to see my ends! im going to trim it if my ends are too stringy. After i get my relaxer im going to go back to my regi and really prioritize taking care of my hair, i know i'll make mbl but im definietly cutting my hair because my ends are not okay! Pics will be up by tomorrow night or on sunday latest!

Sponsored Links

Swift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 9:28pm
You can do it, Gorgeous! I'm glad to hear that you've gotten a handle on the dryness.

Hair update:  I've taken out my twists and twisted it up this weekend in smedium twists.  I think I wanna wear a stretched twistout for Tgiving.  I think I'm gonna band it and then do the twists.  I'd like to stay away from the heat for a while.

And ladies, OMG, I've had the hardest time fighting the urge to wear my hair out more.  I know that I won't retain as much if I do.  How are you ladies fighting the urge?

We're in the home stretch now ladies! :)
AS82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AS82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 7:14am
Wow I have completely fallin off the wagon with my posting, so here is my update.
My attempt at keeping my Waist Length Braids in for 4 months was a fail, but I did make it 2 months September and October.
I also dyed my hair Jet black last friday and I'm itching to straighten it to see how my new color looks on my hair straightened. But I'm going to resist until our length check in January. I'm thinking of Putting my braids back in just to keep my hands out of my hair. 
mskraizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mskraizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 12:53pm
Gosh, this is a challenge I NEVER keep up with. I guess because I'm not gonna make it to MBL this year. But one thing I will have is HEALTHIER HAIR!!! That trim made my ends look soooo good but the front still probably needs to undergo a bit more trimming, if not for frayed ends then for it's mutated length. =/ Either way, I gotta cut it back it's getting annoying and so I'm planning on doing that by the end of the year. I may still do a length check with you all (if anyone is still going to do so...) but yeah. I won't be joining the MBL 2012 club, but I definitely gained some healthier hair out of this! So I'm cool.
AS82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AS82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 2:37pm
I'm still gonna do my length check either at the end of December or the begining of Jan, so I'll be her eif anyone wants to join me.
Cherie70 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherie70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 4:35pm
I would like to join for 2013 let me know what the deal is.  My hair is starting to thin, but I am hoping that with this challenge I can jump start this in to healthy hair!
Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 10:15am
hi, ladies! 

so, i'm with you mskraizy...i won't be making MBL either this year, but i made it a little closer so that is all good.  i should actually determine exactly what is mbl on me because i thought it was my waist, but alas, that is wl. lol

in good news, i am braving the crowds and mobs of shoppers to get some sheamoisture products from this kiosk they set up in a park here, and some other hair goodies from the beauty supply store.  am stocking up on the online deals now! after this, i am not repurchasing until next year (unless i run out of a staple). seriously!
Swift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 10:24am
I'm not going to make my personal goal but I'm still gonna post my EOTY photo as well.  I don't want to do any posting in Jan cause that marks the beginning of a new challenge for me. 

I realized that my hair grows more with daily watering.  Wearing my hair straight or in extensions prevents me from doing that.  So I hope to rock more wigs and individual braids (no extensions) in 2013 to help me reach my goals.
Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 7:06pm
^^^yes, my hair loves that daily spritz of water...especially the front of my hair.  i have definitely started to be focused on doing that!  my hair also loves those heavy dc's/masks.  all those heavy oils and butters work on my hair like a charm.

and...i got so many deals online!  darcy's botanicals, shescentit, and purabodynaturals.  i have never ordered from the latter two before, but the deals were awesome and the dc's looked great; i also got some daily spritzes (cuz my hair loves that daily water!).  can't wait to try them!
urstruly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote urstruly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 10:28am
Beautiful hair browneyes!!
Lovin the braids mrzkraizy!!

Just a few weeks left ladies...fingers crossed
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com