BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

2012 MBL Challenge Anyone?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950>

Author
mskraizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mskraizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2012 at 6:39pm
@Gorgeous, yeah. I think it's time to wrap in some more protective styles. It'll help retain moisture in your hair especially if where you are the weather is unpredictable. I get the Oyin's J&B online from curlmart. Tho I've had this bottle for more than a year. lol I only use it in the summertime tho so it doesn't get THAT much usage. I hope all has been well for your hair. Hot oil treatments (or prepoos, whatever ya call em) are helpful for hair in the cooler months as well. I need to get back on my game too. Hope your hair has been making a turnaround!
Sponsored Links

gorgeous92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorgeous92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2012 at 9:47am
thanks kraizy! I'm bunning for the rest of the month! this time for real, no excuses, i'm going to fight temptation and stick to it no matter how hard it is. how is your hair doing in those beautiful braids?
UPDATE i decided to try something different with my deep conditioner, not by choice but it turned out to be a blessing in disguise! i usually wake up, wash my hair and proceed to deep condition for about an hr. well last week on sunday i got called into work early, now i love my money so of course i said yes LOL that cut my deep conditioning time in half, so i decided to apply heat for 15 minitues straight with my blowdryer attachment. OH MY GOODNESS i LOVED the results! my hair had been brought back to life! no longer felt like straw and was much less frizzy. and this was conditioning in less time! i couldnt believe it.. i dunno what caused me to stay away from my blowdryer attachment, but im definitely not neglecting it again... this is perfect because now i can get my hair done faster and still have great results (even better than conditioning for an hr without heat). this week was reading week so ive been off school and wearing my hair in my scarf about 90% of the time. so this coming week is going to be a real challenge for me not to wear my hair out at all. but i CAN do it! 
XBrowneyesX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XBrowneyesX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2012 at 11:40am
Originally posted by Heavy Rotation Heavy Rotation wrote:

um, hello?! i think i was in this challenge....i'm so defunct! lol

everyone's hair looks so nice.  congrats on the growth, ladies!

I think I was tooConfused. I believe my hair is already MBL though. In any case I have my hair straightened right now and plan on leaving it that way til the beginning of November. 
Swift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2012 at 2:51pm
Hey ladies!

I decided to try something new today that I will not be doing again - loose washing.  It's cool though.  My hair currently banded and airdrying (in lieu of blowdrying).  Once it's dry, I'm gonna stretch it with a little heat.  Hopefully, I'll get some good pix!

Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2012 at 11:02pm
ah, loose washing. i do that when i do my bentonite wash every 3-4 months.  it feels so different than washing in my twists. 

i did a length check and think i am bsl, but i think i need to do a proper one tomorrow to be sure.  will take pics when i do.

hope everyone's weekends are going well! :-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XBrowneyesX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2012 at 8:21pm
I did a length check recently..

naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2012 at 10:29pm
^^ gorgeous tresses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XBrowneyesX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 24 2012 at 6:33pm
Thank you!
mskraizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mskraizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2012 at 8:21pm
Okaaaay so here's one place I haven't posted in a minute.

First of all, Brown Eyes, your hair is GORGEOUS!!! I love how thick it is from roots to tips! Keep it up girl!!!

Secondly, what have I done to my hair? I guess to sum it up, I did trim about half an inch off (a well deserved trim) so I'm back to above BSL. but my ends feel soooooooo much better now! They scraggliness of them were annoying me BIG time! I'm on a mission to better my ends so I may be doing a slight dusting come the end of December, but I'm gonna keep eye on it as I do.

My regimen has changed a great deal. I am now on a constant regimen of deep conditioning weekly, and I'm using Garnier Fructis leave in again. I've gone back to alot of old time favorites in an attempt to get my hair back to the health it was before and so far things are turning for the better. My ends are coiling in great health (though the front still nags me just a bit) and my hair is looking thicker, and healthier and it's much more bouncy and springy and just all over the place. It's shinier Nelly is just AWESOME!

I don't know if I'm gonna make the MBL Finish Line by January, but I think I'm gonna come close to it. MBL is like right under my bra strap for me so I may "scrape" but I probably won't "officially" claim to sometime in the coming year. =/ But that's okay. With the health I'm trying to get Nelly to, hopefully I won't have another setback like this.

Soo? How are you ladies doing?
Swift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2012 at 6:18pm
Ooh, Browneyes, pretty hair!!

Still in extensions.  Hoping to get another week out of them.  I will have a long weekend next week and that will make 3 weeks in the extensions.  I usually keep them in between 3-4 weeks.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950>
  Share Topic