BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2012 MBL Challenge Anyone?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 50>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
mskraizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mskraizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2012 at 8:58pm
@Gorgeous HOW did I MISS that gorgeous length check!!!!!! Your hair is so beautiful and thick looking! Great progress, you're definitely doing well in this challenge!

@AS82, I used to use African Royale BRX (??) Braid Spray. It smelled nice and worked for me. I used it while transitioning on cornrows and braid extensions and sometimes as a leave in on my loose hair. It did just fine for me! But you can always opt for plain ol' water with a little conditioner added in. That's fine too.

Just washed my hair with shampoo that I have not used in months. It left my hair feeling stripped clean I can definitely say I don't miss that feeling at ALL! I'll stick to my terressentials mud wash and frequent co-washes with tresemme naturals. It does my hair JUUUUUUUST fine! As of right now, I can't decide what I'm gonna do with it next. Part of me just wants to do what I want with my hair and wear it however I feel but another part of me wants to protective style it for the rest of the year.....I dunno.....I'm torn. I'm tired of looking like Ms Celie all the time. I need to do SOMETHING ya'll..
Sponsored Links

Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2012 at 2:12pm
um, hello?! i think i was in this challenge....i'm so defunct! lol

everyone's hair looks so nice.  congrats on the growth, ladies!
gorgeous92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorgeous92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2012 at 9:33am
@kraizy thanks girl! i didnt think i had it in me to actually make my goal in the challenge, but im pretty sure im going to :) youre doing great too, ive seen your pics/updates in other threads. LOL to the ms celie comment dkm!!! im in the same boat with you!

last time i updated, i said my hair was dry and i needed to protective style my hair, that sure didnt happen. i've been wearing my hair out in twistouts on my "good hair days" and wearing it in a bun on "bad hair days" and days i go to work. i just cant help myself ;( my hair is still feeling like straw and i have no clue why Cry it could be because ive been wearing my hair out too much, but honestly ive been wearing my hair out all yr lol i'm moisturizing and sealing everyday with the same moisturizer ive used this whole yr, steaming every week, deep conditioning... i hate this! it could be the weather? i think im going to go back to the products i was using in the start of my hair journey, its time to stop exploring with new products. 
mskraizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mskraizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2012 at 12:18pm
HEAVY!!! You betta get back in this challenge and post sum pics!!! I miss seeing your lovely twists.

@Gorgeous, thanks girl! If you've been doing the same thing all year and it's just starting to feel like straw now it could definitely be the change in the weather. Maybe you can try to deep conditioning twice a week. I used to do this while I was transitioning and it didn't hurt. Only thing I would suggest is make sure you get a protein treatment at least once or twice a month cause it's easy for hair to get over moisturized. But yeah, do some hot oil treatments and really make sure you're sealing in the moisture. Now might be a good time to jump on the PS bandwagon because weathering elements do tend to dry hair out no matter how moisturized you keep it. I learned that the tough way.....Caused my 6-month early big chop!

And update. FINALLY got my braids in. They're Pocahontas long! I feel like singing Disney music. They took about 9 hours to do and I used synthetic weave (the cheapest one at $.39 a pack!) and it took like 8 and a half packs (so 9 in all) to do. I actually got really lazy toward the back and made them bigger but I don't think you can tell. I compensated the less amount of parts with more hair on each part so I think it played out nicely. Plan on keeping these in for at least majority of October. We shall see.

I've been getting SO MANY compliments on these braids and a few people have even asked if I could do their hair.....I don't really do people's hair so I'm kinda nervous. But hey, I can get over it for some extra change. lol
Swift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2012 at 5:50pm
Kraizy-
They're so pretty!  Can you do mine, please?Tongue
Swift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2012 at 5:52pm
Yup, Gorgeous!  It's time to tweak the regi.  Maybe you could try slightly heavier moisturizers since the air may be more dry. 

I hope you find the cure soon :(

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorgeous92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2012 at 6:13pm
@Kraizy Shocked Clapfirst of all im in LOVE with the new hair!! it's soo gorgeous on you and i love the braid! dammnn you got patience... anything over 2 hrs and im over it.
Actually between my weekly shampoo wash and weekly cowash, i DO deep condition twice week -_- i guess i could add a 2nd cowash into my weeks.. soo much work lol but i'm willing to do that to save my hair! i'll also do more wash and go's like i was doing last yr, i think wetting my hair every day was doing something  good. The only issue is my hair takes forever and a day to dry and i hate going outside with wet hair cause its getting cold fast...

thanks Swift i hope so too Ermm

i'm planning on keeping my hair in cornrows with clip in extensions for the whole winter as a protective style since clearly i cant bun... this way i can still have the style of wearing my hair out and it wont damage my hair! cant decide whether to relax in November like usual (every 4 months), or to somehow stretch to the end of December (but wear cornrows from November to December).. I'm leaning towards making that stretch to December but we'll see how i feel/how my new growth is in November

Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2012 at 11:01pm
@mskraizy, love, love those braids!  will try to upload some twist shots.  i currently have some mini twists in. love these things! :-)
mskraizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mskraizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2012 at 9:37pm
Thanks ladies!!!! And Swift, SURE!!! Come on down girlfriend!

@Gorgeous, thanks for the compliment! I get my music going and just zone out. lol And wow, maybe you need a strengthener? Some protein? Is your hair stretching and breaking or like snapping like brittle? You said it felt like straw so I would think you need to up your moisture, are you using glycerin? Glycerin is a humectant and just as it can pull moisture in your hair it can also pull it OUT of your hair. But it works for some people, I just stay from it. I use Oyin's Juices and Berries specifically for May, June, and July cause I can almost be garunteed my hair will be chock full of moisture. I used to use it in winter, Yeah, Nelly wasn't having that.

And if walking outside with a wet head is a problem, why don't you try co-washing at night and letting it dry overnight? I did this for a bit but then I discovered TWISTOUTS. In the morning I would lightly spritz with water or rub in a little conditioner and I'd be good to go. Is it getting cold where you are? Cause where I am it still feels like the sun is freaking breathing in my face!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorgeous92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2012 at 8:22pm
@kraizy my hair is snapping! I know for sure that I'm moisture deprived, the only thing i could think of is that its the weather, or ive been wearing my hair out WAY to much, or all the new conditioners ive been trying that i guess dont work for my hair, I dont use glycerin but i was planning on using it very soon. I never knew that it could pull moisture out of your hair D: ive never heard of Oyin's Juices and Berries, i wonder if its available where i live Ermm as for washing at night and air drying over night, i do do that! my hair is still damp in the morning.. its sooo thick! i live in Toronto and the weather is bipolar! in the morning its freezing and you can see your breath, in the afternoon there are rain clouds, the next day its sunny, the next day theres fog and its freezing. for the most part the temperature has dropped and going outside with wet hair is not an option for me anymore unless i wanna get sick Unhappy i'd give anything for summer weather again!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 50>