Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 14>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
2coreysluvum View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2012 at 2:57am
Originally posted by NJoy NJoy wrote:

I like how this thread has been more active.  Pics always stir up activity.  Yay!  Clap

Clap and I am luvin it! Great job ladies...feeling so inspired!
Sponsored Links

breBR3bre View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2012 at 10:46pm
bumping *crickets* where did you ladies go???
Blngmoogle View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2012 at 10:22pm
Heads up... I'm gonna do a progress video on September 3rd because my milestone Is to be hip length by then. My new goal length is "pocket length"...maybe that's considered tailbone length? either way, I want the tips of me hair to reach my pockets. Then might be satisfied.....or maybe notWink
breBR3bre View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2012 at 11:42pm
ShockedBlng your hair grows like a weed. I can't wait!!
aMAYSing View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2012 at 4:25pm
hey ladies, how is the growth process....sorry i've been mia, just had my babygirl so i'm getting back into the swing of things...updates??
NJoy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2012 at 7:27am
Oh yaaaaay!  Congratulations!

I've been MIA a bit too.  Had some tangle drama last month and ended up cutting out some big knots in my hair on the right side.  It almost pushed me into BC'g but, I decided to continue transitioning and trimming until the end of the year.  I just want to BC when I feel ready and not because I have to.  That tangle drama lasted for a week or more.  I went on vacation with a massive knot in my hair and just wigged it until I could really try to get it out.  It was my fault for being careless and basically tying my we hair in knots.  Ah well.  That's all resolved now.

I'm 16 months post and have a good deal of natural hair.  I estimate my natural hair to be around bsl.  I put my hair in chunky twists (which I LOVE) and, as always, felt mocked by my relaxed ends.  So, I ended up trimming 2" off my left side and and inch off the right. It's a bit more even but still a little longer on the left side (the major knotting was on the right rear of my hair).

Yesterday, I clarified and gave myself a good DC and my hair feels awesome right now.  I realize it's the relaxed ends that cause me so much drama.  My natural hair feels so healthy and manageable.

I'm sort of looking forward to BC'g just to see a massive fro but, I'm just not ready to leave hip land yet.  So, I'll continue trimming an inch or more at a time and just BC at the end of the year.  Although it is hard to hold onto these ends when the chunky part of my twists look so good!  Ah well.  That's my update.

Next!
Swift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2012 at 10:34am
Originally posted by NJoy NJoy wrote:

I'm 16 months post and have a good deal of natural hair.  I estimate my natural hair to be around bsl

Stern Smile
See.  This right here makes me SMH!!  After 16 mths of growing I only had CBL hair!  I need those growing genes!!
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2012 at 3:34pm
I would not deal with tangling and big knots in my hair, I would have to cut that. I found the better condition I got my hair in the less I had knots and tangles. I can now cleanse my hair without it being in big twists. I never thought this was possible for me anymore. But it is.

What helped my tangles for anyone experiencing tangle issues: Oiling my scalp daily
Earth mud washes (the absolute best for tangles whether relaxed or natural)
Qhemet Biologics styling products all of them melt tangles away. I use the honeybush tea soft gel. It is not sold as a detangler, but I found it helped to remove knots from my tightly, tightly coily hair. My hair no longer knots up. Even when I find loose hair throughout the house is not in balls but a looser coil. I am mostly natural, but I have about 8 inches of relaxer on my front area, from when I had relaxed because i was trying to blend my hair with a sew in. That was over 2 years, ago. So I still have to be careful of that area. It has not broken at all and I no longer get knots and tangles.
NJoy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2012 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by Veemack Veemack wrote:

I would not deal with tangling and big knots in my hair, I would have to cut that. I found the better condition I got my hair in the less I had knots and tangles. I can now cleanse my hair without it being in big twists. I never thought this was possible for me anymore. But it is.

What helped my tangles for anyone experiencing tangle issues: Oiling my scalp daily
Earth mud washes (the absolute best for tangles whether relaxed or natural)
Qhemet Biologics styling products all of them melt tangles away. I use the honeybush tea soft gel. It is not sold as a detangler, but I found it helped to remove knots from my tightly, tightly coily hair. My hair no longer knots up. Even when I find loose hair throughout the house is not in balls but a looser coil. I am mostly natural, but I have about 8 inches of relaxer on my front area, from when I had relaxed because i was trying to blend my hair with a sew in. That was over 2 years, ago. So I still have to be careful of that area. It has not broken at all and I no longer get knots and tangles.

Yeah, I'm not patient either. I tried the suggestions of others but eventually just cut the knots out. This was not ordinary tangling. I actually caused the knot by being lazy. I was detangling and twisting my hair as I went along. I detangled all but the back right section and wanted to go to sleep. I still had conditioner/detangler in my hair when I braided my twists back into a french braid on the left and attempted to do the same on the right. Well, I made that undetangled section on fat twist and braided it into the right side french braid and pinned both ends up in the back before going to sleep.
When I woke up the next morning, I couldn't find the end of the braid on the right. Soooo, I started pulling at the hair to release the braid. But what I actually did was tighten the knot. I never did find the end of the braids before cutting

This was the main culprit. This is not a ball of hair. It is a solid knot.

Anywho, that was then. I know better now. My natural hair gives me no trouble. I think once I BC at the end of the year, my hair will be a breeze.

Edited by NJoy - Aug 31 2012 at 7:58pm
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2012 at 6:56pm
DING DONG, Luv's a'calling! Please stop by my Wave of New Long Haired Vets and drop some knowledge, fun, or to toot ya horn!
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 14>
  Share Topic