Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

2012 APL Challenge (CLOSED!)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7980818283 86>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Glamouraddict View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glamouraddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2012 at 3:19pm
So I washed my hair three days ago and it was dry and a rat's nest. Then I remembered I didn't DC in about 3 weeks. No Bueno! So I washed again today (had to get all the gel off my hair) and now I'm sitting with a DC on for 30 min. Then I'm steaming for another 20 minutes then I may put silicone mix on top of it and let it sit for another 5-10 minutes. I like how soft the silicone mix makes my hair but I think it keeps out the moisture you put on your hair everyday. Not sure.

Once everything is washed it in doing a flat twist out. Pray for me. I will probably post pics.
Sponsored Links

Choongy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Choongy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2012 at 3:57am
^^^^glamour i love silicon mix however i havent used it for a long time because im trying to use up all my other products first (recovering product junkie)

so my visit to the salon yesterday went well considering i got there an hour late she almost cancelled me! she said my hair looks soooo much better now and i didnt need a cut hallelujah!!!! however the coloured hair is still a bit poofy and looks like i have a coloured halo but she will cut the rest out when i have some length which is so fantastic to me anyway, i am so very happy to be getting my length back and it took 6months which is shorter then i anticipated the rest of my hair looks great so i will now concentrate less on worrying about the damaged coloured bits and keep up what ive been doing APL will come when its ready
AmyAmyAmy View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AmyAmyAmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2012 at 1:33pm
Braids - sep 2012
KikiScorpio92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2012 at 4:04am
AmyAmyAmy they look AMAZING, i want some now,
How long did it take?
Where you get it from?
I've got so many questions so I'll only ask you two LOL
How long you planning to keep them in again?
Okay last question.Embarrassed
Glamouraddict View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glamouraddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2012 at 9:42am
@Choongy Another recovering PJ? Lol glad I have some support here. And happy to hear your hair appointment went well. No cut needed! Yea you! Clap

@Amy I LOVE your hair. Not a fan of braids nor bandanas but my does yours look awesome! 

So the other day I changed up and did a curlformers set. Took them out after letting them sit overnight and my hair was a DISASTER! It was soft but it was a big afro. I mean horrible. Smh. So I combed it out and put two strand twists in. I'm going to take them out for work tomorrow and see how my hair ends up. 

I also watched some videos from MahoganyCurls on yt. Her hair looks awesome and she is making me want to try this curly girl method. She also did a video on the curlformers using eco styler and her hair came out GREAT! Maybe I will try that. I don't want to give up on these when everyone else is getting such great results.
AmyAmyAmy View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmyAmyAmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2012 at 12:53pm
Bun- sept 2012
AmyAmyAmy View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmyAmyAmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2012 at 12:53pm
braids

Edited by AmyAmyAmy - Sep 03 2012 at 12:55pm
AmyAmyAmy View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmyAmyAmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2012 at 1:03pm
K that's it 
will try to post growth pictures soon
@kikiscorpio
took about 12 hours to do spread out over 3 days
Type of braid is Xpressions braids (kankalon) 
Planning to keep them in for 4-6 weeks, then leave my hair out for two weeks, then re-braid
Thank you!! Been getting so much complements lol

@glamouraddict 
Thanks!...i don't usually wear my hair like this...just wanted to highlight the braid...but i do like the 90s vibe to it lol

Hows the law firm going?
Choongy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Choongy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2012 at 3:26pm
@glamour yea Ive kinda got my staples now but its hard not to go out and buy things that people rave about my bank account certainly isnt tryna support the pj in me we need another pj support thread i think! i have a modified cg method as i cant do without shampoo but i buy sulphate free and england is too damn cold for me to cowash daily even in the summer or lack there of

@amy your braids are lovely i used to do braids but sometimes id be lazy n just do the outside n wear a high ponytail to cover what i didnt do my hands hurt too much sittin in the mirror braiding my damn hair for hours

@kiki how are you my lovely?

have any of you ladies tried dry shampoo?
I also need to take some pics and update u guys i was thinking about wl hair i have a long body and to reach apl i need 18in bsl is about 21in so for wl id be like 27/8in  i just dont know if i could deal with alla that! id defo keep my hair unstretched if i was wl n just stretch a few
KikiScorpio92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2012 at 3:35pm
Hey choongy darling Smile I have been fine, I just lost my way with haircare recently but I think it's normal when this is the time I'd be enjoying summer holidays. I'm good most days.. I'm glad to hear your hair is turning around and no I've never tried dried shampoo, thought it was for white girls. LOL

Pics would be lovely soon! Wink
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7980818283 86>