FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2011 APL Challenge! (CLOSED)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 198>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
napturallyyours View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote napturallyyours Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2011 APL Challenge! (CLOSED)
    Posted: Oct 11 2010 at 12:49am

Hey ladies,
I know I'm on a quest for APL hair by the end of next year, so I figured I'd start a challenge to keep myself on track. I'll post my stuff soon, I promise!

The rules are very simple:

1) Post your starting pic!
2) Post your reggie and info on your hair type (relaxed? natural? texlaxed? 4a? 4b? 3c?)! (and update us if you change anything in your reggie!)
3) Check in often, and post update pics at least once every 2 months. The challenge ends December 31, 2011.
4) NO CUTTING! You can dust or S&D as necessary, but no major trims allowed.
5) Stay motivated and patient!Thumbs Up

***Make sure to send me a PM that you'd like to be added to the challenge. I don't have time to go through every page of the thread checking for new members. School has to come before hairLOL

Challengers (those who have posted starting pics/reggies are underlined):
napturallyyours
shalafbabii
the baptyst
MissMesha
yaya24
Khaiya
jazzybella89
un4getableview
momolicious21
Dakotablu
CincygirlD
afrikan gal
Choongy
prettypeal09
ennoed
blackarosoe
mostamaziing
PrettyAwesome
Heavy Rotation
soarlikecruz
love_akihsoy
ImaFabulousDiva
miss1987
Little_Me
loveloreal
DEE80
FirstLadyC
equestrian
Cookiez189
reeniebabie1289
PepInMyStep
niecy
missdaniella
MzShazia
NataleeC
renee728
joy6899
tee_number4
obsession1221
iBetYouhNvNika
charitee71
sultrydoll
Jaydensmom
goldcherry
Mrs Yaisa
babi_princess14
Swift
mochacaramel
hautedeseine
rolin
phillii
patrice0604
LScott
lacey_newbie
VJaiBrown
msjuly
VintagElana
aNgElIc*SoUl
sajjy
readyone
hairninja
howlongcanigrow
Magdalene
collcoll
Certified*Baby
miya
Ms.Tiki
CHERRI1
Dreamjes
ChocolatePie777
vette21001
caiomhe
Shardd:)
babybooj
MuayThaiLadii
Hair Lova
GingerGoodies24
Malikah
MahoganyQn!
LetMeFixMyHurr
c-nena
Ms.Boss
tarah86
JustBcuz
relaxedtresses
new2dagame
Flashinglights
sweetnis
DatDivaULuv
simjam

For some reason everything is underlined now :(

Edited by napturallyyours - Jan 07 2011 at 1:12am
Sponsored Links

shalafbabii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shalafbabii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2010 at 12:59am
I want to try it but I need to come up with a reggie first lol. I am SL so it shouldn't be that hard -- this should be fun Smile
the baptyst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the baptyst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2010 at 1:03am
PICK ME!!! I'll be back with my reggie and pix Tongue
MissMesha View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissMesha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2010 at 1:06am
I big chopped three months ago and I'm approaching full NL now, so do you ladies think it's possible for me to make APL by the end of next year? I currently receive 1 inch per month. I'm just not sure if APL in 2011 is realistic for me.
napturallyyours View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote napturallyyours Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2010 at 1:15am
Originally posted by MissMesha MissMesha wrote:

I big chopped three months ago and I'm approaching full NL now, so do you ladies think it's possible for me to make APL by the end of next year? I currently receive 1 inch per month. I'm just not sure if APL in 2011 is realistic for me.

HOW?!AngryClap

And yup, I think that's definitely possible. I'm right around full NL myself and BCed toward the end of March, actuallyBig smile
MissMesha View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissMesha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2010 at 1:27am
Originally posted by napturallyyours napturallyyours wrote:

HOW?!AngryClap

And yup, I think that's definitely possible. I'm right around full NL myself and BCed toward the end of March, actuallyBig smile

My hair has always grown about 1/2" a month, but I take vitamins, workout, drink plenty of water and intake a lot protein so that helps boost my growth rate.

...and thanks for the motivation! I'll aim for APL or at least touching APL by next year.
love_akihsoy View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love_akihsoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2010 at 5:41am

If you get 1" a month you can DEFINITELY make APL and even beyond by the end of 2011!

Good luck ladies... I might join you guys depending on the status of my hair at year's end.
yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2010 at 8:59am
YAY!!!!Party

About me: 4B Natural (some 4a in the back) Currently NL (Some CBL in the back). Hoping for FNL by December 2010; and Full APL December 2011

I started my Natural journey June 2009--I BCd to a .5 TWA
My last relaxer was in the first week of March 09.

Starting pic

Regimen

I will keep my hair in mini box braids for 4-6 weeks at a time and wear wigs as my PS of choice.. I will do my entire regimen while in my braids and detangle the day before my new set.

o Shampoo and DC w/ steam Friday
o Cowash Wednesday
o Rinse braids daily in the shower
o Moisturize/ seal daily
o GA: mt+sulfur+ peppermint oil+ wheat germ oil+ MN at least 3x a week
o Baggy EVERY SINGLE night (whole head)

Right now I am in the process of using up my product stash.. so my conditioners/ shampoos are not exclusive to one kind..

Internal intake-
o 80oz water daily
vitamins:
o Geritol Complete (1daily- multi vitamin /multi mineral supplement)
o Vitamin C (500 mg daily)
o Horsetail (880 mg daily)
o Folic acid (400 mcg daily)
o Garlic supplements
o Chlorella 1-3 grams daily
o CVS Hair, skin and nails (1/2 the recommended dosage: 1 pill daily)
o Just added Fish oil (equivalent: 2.4 g Ester Omega Fish Oil & 1200 mg Omega 3 Fatty acid)

Good luck ladies!!! 2011 APL or bust!!!!  Beer

Edited by yaya24 - Oct 11 2010 at 9:02am
Khaiya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khaiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2010 at 10:57am
I would love to join you ladies but i'm transitioning and i'm not done getting rid of relaxed ends yet so the no cutting rule wouldnt work for me, cant i join and promise not to cut my natural hair and judge my growth based on my natural hair?
krisviola1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krisviola1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2010 at 11:26am
I just reached APL so no challenge for me.  I just came in to tell Yaya that she BETTER USE UP ALL THAT DAMN CONDITIONER SHE HAS IN HER CLOSET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 198>