BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2 y.o.mauled to death at zoo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2 y.o.mauled to death at zoo
    Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 12:20pm
http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/11/boy-mauled-death-african-painted-dogs-pittsburgh-zoo

Zuma/No Credit

A two-year-old boy was mauled to death by African Painted Dogs at the Pittsburgh Zoo & Aquarium after he plummeted into their enclosure on Sunday.

The tragic tot fell over a wooden railing into the dog pit while visiting the zoo with his 34-year-old mother just before noon, and was immediately attacked by the animals that are on the endangered species list.

After the alarm was raised, zoo workers jumped into the enclosure with rakes to try and scare the dogs off and while they managed to deter seven of the beasts, they failed to get the remaining three away from the child, believed to be from Pleasant Hills, PA.

According to The Pittsburgh Post Gazette the little boy’s lifeless body was seen surrounded by three of the dogs – also called African painted dogs – who were attacking his head, neck and leg.

"The screams just kept coming and coming," Angela Cinti, 20, told The Post-Gazette: "We were on our way to the polar bear exhibit when we heard the most horrible piercing screams...someone was begging for help, asking someone to do something.”

One of the dogs was shot and killed during the incident, with a zoo official describing their "pack mentality."

Another zoo-goer, Bart DePasquale, also described the horror, saying: "On the way out I saw a mother who was distressed and crying and other people who couldn't even talk about it ...anyone who had been close were almost in tears, were walking out glassy-eyed.

“That's when multiple people told me the dogs attacked a young child."

Zoo President and Chief Executive Officer Barbara Baker said that there has been no decision made about the future of the painted dog exhibit.

The Zoo is closed indefinitely while police and zoo officials investigate the tragedy.

Edited by Az~Maverick - Nov 05 2012 at 12:20pm
Sponsored Links

hma128 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hma128 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 12:23pm

Poor baby! And what a terrible thing for the mother to witness :(
laceyfront View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laceyfront Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 12:23pm
With rakes? wtf?
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (27) Thanks(27)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 12:24pm
I hope they don't kill those dogs for doing what wild dogs do........sorry for the child but someone should have been watching that child........its a zoo hell people are way to lax about these babies........between the sick perverts and the wild animals I wouldn't take my eyes off my child.......
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 12:27pm
I saw the breaking story and almost passed out . My daughter refuse to get close to fence . CryBroken Heart
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 12:30pm
And people looked at me funny/crazy when I had my kids on those Teddybear leash things when they were smaller while at Sesame please. pssssssss

RIP baby!!!
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 12:32pm
Why was the child on the rail? Either the mom  took her eyes off of him or she was holding him on the rail...neither the smartest move to make. I agree with Sandra .....about putting the dogs down....Horrible way for a child (or anyone ) to lose their life. 
James Avery View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote James Avery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 12:34pm

what a horrible story.

i wish the parents would have done a better job in protecting their child.
BrownQtee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote BrownQtee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 12:34pm
This story angered me. I really didn't want to go there, but why the hell would any sensible person put their 2 yr old on that railing? Seriously now? Poor baby.
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 12:36pm
ummmm those railing are high, no? Im assuming the mother was holding the baby on the railing and the child fell????

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
  Share Topic