Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts (Newbies)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2 Questions- Natural Part and BBS Wig Lace Color
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

2 Questions- Natural Part and BBS Wig Lace Color

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
alwayzhumble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alwayzhumble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2 Questions- Natural Part and BBS Wig Lace Color
    Posted: May 31 2011 at 2:20pm
Hi Ladies!
What color is the lace considered from standard BSS wigs?  I ordered a custom and selected med brown lace. The knots were bleached (already done by the vendor)  

While it is not that bad, the color of the lace from the BBS allows a more natural looking part for me. 

Since having the custom, I’ve tried the Sally Hansen and also the Jerome Russell in blonde. Neither color will work for me.

I know I’ve heard of dying the lace a brown???  Also, the part looks fine inside, but when I go outside, you can DEF see the diff.   My skin tone is similar to Angela Basset or Gabrielle Union.

1.       Should I die the lace a dark brown and if so, how do I followed that technique?

2.       Should I try another technique?

3.       What color lace is used (although I know it is not Swiss or French) on the wigs in BBS?

Here is the link to my pics to help w/questions about the part.  The password is    love

Thanks in advance for your time :-)
Sponsored Links

eamarsha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eamarsha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2011 at 2:24pm
that looks very natural to me.  I think its perfect.  maybe you could take a pic in sunlight if there's a significant difference to better illustrate what you're talking about.

Edited by eamarsha - May 31 2011 at 2:24pm
pretty_coco6824 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pretty_coco6824 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2011 at 2:42pm
I'm not sure what color lace is used on BSS wigs but I used to feel that it blended better on me too.  But when I got used to real lace wigs, I changed my mind.  Your part looks very good to me but in order for me to use the Sally Hansen and Jerome Russell, I have to spray it in a container or wherever and then mix in liquid foundation in my color.  When I get the right color, I paint the lace.  You can also use Rit fabric dye to dye the lace and there are threads here and videos on youtube with the directions. I think the lace at BSS is weird because the material makes it "match" anyone's skintone.  I'm a totally different complexion from my friend and it "blended" for both of us but of course it almost never looks as natural as "real" lace.
gzvirginhair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gzvirginhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2016 at 3:21am
It helps make the  http://weavehair.xblhair.com/ - weave hair healthier and lustrous.Japanese straightening or thermal reconditioning: This is a far more lasting way to straighten the hair.
pg12345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pg12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2016 at 8:49am
some use ritz dye or coffee to darken the lace..the scalp is usually a little lighter than your skin tone and so where you don't think it matches it may look natural to others
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2017 at 10:05am
The lace used now is NOT the same lace that was found on wigs in 2005.
That medium brown lace that is lowkey porch screen caliber irks my entire soul.
It rarely matches anyone 
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2017 at 8:49am
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

The lace used now is NOT the same lace that was found on wigs in 2005.
That medium brown lace that is lowkey porch screen caliber irks my entire soul.
It rarely matches anyone 
Lol low-key porch screen caliber
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic