Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

2 months of new growth (threaded hair)

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
thelurkingKind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thelurkingKind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2 months of new growth (threaded hair)
    Posted: May 06 2013 at 1:44pm
Howdy

So a while back, I made a thread about leaving the same set of twists (threaded) for 4-6 months and promised an update, train wreck or not LOL well, here it is. 

I purposely left out about an inch when I threaded so this is new growth – 1 inch.

The only thing I've been doing is inversions 1 week out of the month (here's a challenge thread, if so inclined http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/1-inch-in-1-week-challenge_topic358833.html)   and co-washing every 3 weeks. I no longer moisturize and seal or spritz. I use leave-in on the ends every 3 weeks after co-washing and that is it. Let's see if this minimalist approach will give me the same results as my formerly complicated regimen. 

Edited by thelurkingKind - May 06 2013 at 1:48pm
Sponsored Links

rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2013 at 4:56pm
good growth that's alot. how do you wear your hair daily?
Ms_Kudos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms_Kudos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2013 at 8:36am
Yes, GREAT growth!!Clap
How do you co-wash? Do you dilute the conditioner, then just rinse, or do you rub your scalp/hair?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thelurkingKind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2013 at 9:33pm
Thanks ladies, I'm sooo happy with the amount of growth. Big smile I don't dilute the conditioner, I use it as is and concentrate on the scalp, rubbing in a downward motion. Two more months to go, cross your fingers for me. Lol. 

This is how I usually hide the craziness-I re-twist the front and head band the back in a hidden ponytail and no one's the wiser, shhhh.  

Edited by thelurkingKind - May 08 2013 at 9:34pm
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2013 at 10:29pm
you do a good job on disguising the new growth.
AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2013 at 12:12am
Lovin' the accessories, lurkingkind!
Nice lipstick btw too.Big smile
Congrats
shrew297 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shrew297 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2013 at 6:12am
Nice growth, keep it up! Also, I like your eyebrows  Thumbs Up
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2013 at 6:25am
Good job, you go girl.
leeforsteven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leeforsteven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2013 at 6:57am
What are it's benefits to the hair? I've reading posts and watching videos by a few ladies who say that they use rose water in their conditioning sprays. Is it better than purified/distilled water? I have an Indian store located near my house that sells rose water and I would like to by some if it has some good benefits. Since the ancient times, Rosewater has claimed to be highly prized for its source of perfume, medicinal use and nutritional properties. Its importance and potential in the skincare regimens is unmatched. You can see more on 
http://healthylifestylesliving.wordpress.com/2013/03/28/rose-water-benefits-for-hair-care/ - http://healthylifestylesliving.wordpress.com/2013/03/28/rose-water-benefits-for-hair-care/

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thelurkingKind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 2:51pm
Thank you so much for the compliments ladies! I'm taking a threading break until next year. It does such a good job at stretching my hair that I'm afraid 12 months of back to back threading just may leave my hair in a stretched state permanently. 

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply