Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 1mo+ Review on CV Yaki Deep Wave *PICS INSIDE!!*
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1mo+ Review on CV Yaki Deep Wave *PICS INSIDE!!*

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
misszolae View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote misszolae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1mo+ Review on CV Yaki Deep Wave *PICS INSIDE!!*
    Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 1:53am
Hey ladies,

I don't post often, I'm a lurker I'll admit. But just thought I'd share this hair I recently self-installed since i'm pretty happy with it and I know I had trouble finding recent reviews on this kind of texture before I settled on a vendor.

Vendor:
Roman

Hair Type: Virgin Chinese

Texture & Pattern: Yaki Deep Wave

Specs:
 - 4x4 12" closure w/ med brown lace, bleached knots, 90-100% density, freestyle parting, ribbon edge, & baby hairs in natural color
 - Wefts in 16", 18", 20" in natural color

Ordered 12/5/12 --> Received12/13/12

My overall experience:
When I first started correspondence with him to find out prices, etc. I was kind of put off by his snarky attitude..especially when I asked him about returns. I almost was put off from ordering with him altogether. But I didn't order from him over the summer due to a time crunch and really wanted to try him out. So I just chalked it up to how he is and the culture differences and ordered.

I sent him many pictures of the few examples I could find of how I wanted my hair to look. We went back and forth MANY times b/c I wanted to drive it home how much the texture was important to me, even more so than the wavy pattern. When I received the hair and took it out the package I was immediately disappointed. I thought once again a vendor has failed me at duping! The texture looked shiny and the wavy pattern was way deeper than what I showed him. I immediately sent him an email and told him thanks for getting it to me by my deadline but that I was disappointed with how the hair came out. He was kinda rude and suggested I just wash the hair. I was really pissed off w/ his attitude though and stopped responding to his emails.

HOWEVER to my surprise after washing the hair a few times the texture came through and the curliness grew on me. I still wish sometimes it was more wavy and not so curly since I wanted a diff look for fall/winter (did highlighted deep curly in the summer). But it's grown on me since it's so pretty and at least the texture is spot on, which was most important to me.

Install:
I installed all the 18, 20 inch but only about 90% of the 16 inch. Dyed the hair once but it didn't come out dark enough for me (his natural color hair is really light, more of a #2), so dyed it again about 2 wks later and it was perfectly jet black. Still trying to master closures but I think it looks decent. I keep getting the "is that your hair?" comments lol soo it must look believable enough to those who aren't closure-familiar lol. But I do still feel self conscience when anyone stares for too long LOL. I keep it about 1/4 inch behind my hair line and keep it down with pins cause I'm lazy. I straighten the very tiny leave out (I'm natural) on low heat, like 150 degrees, & it blends perfectly with the closure. I also use concealer for the part to hide the lace grids but the knots were actually bleached! and the lace color was pretty spot on so I don't have to use too much. I do think I need to tweeze the part more, I don't think I tweezed it enough since the density is so thick, but you be the judge. I also would like to try missbossylive's scalp method. Overall the closure was well made, definitely preferred his quality over the 1st once I purchased last summer.

Shedding/Tangling:
Shedding is minimal to nonexistent, but there is tangling. Mostly in the nape area, and occasionally above that area as well. Not sure if it's just b/c it's a double processed curly texture, or bc I dyed it twice, or maybe a little bit of both. Either way its not ridiculously annoying, I just detangle briefly at night before tying my hair up, and a little again in the morning if I have to. When detangling is the only time I get shedding but I admit I am heavy handed and I also didn't seal my wefts.

MISC:
 - Hair has a low luster(shine)

- I rarely use products on the hair. The handful of times I did I used a TreSemme spray gel that controls frizz and defines curls but I rarely use it to avoid product buildup.

- I straightened the front pieces of the closure a few times for a kind of double side bang effect. The texture still remains coarse even when straight! & when wet the curls have come back each time. Have been too scared to straighten the whole head. Would much rather just get straight hair for an all-straight look. I can straighten a piece and take a pic of it if anyone wants to see.

In conclusion, I will order from Roman again...although some recent reviews have me scared that he may be getting too overwhelmed. But I really want to try some coarse yaki. Haven't had straight hair in so long! Idk we shall see.. Anyhow, I'm no expert by any means, BHM and youtube have been my friends lol but ask any questions if you have any :)

(taken after a particularly dry, cold windy day so excuse my hair's 'parched' look lol. after a fresh dc it came back to life. this was just the best shot I had of my closure app)

Edited by misszolae - Jan 23 2013 at 2:14am
Sponsored Links

Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 6:16am
Love it!  I have the same hair but on a u-part wig in 10", 12 and 14".  I agree with the tangling in the nape area but other than that, I would order this hair again. 
cocopuffs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cocopuffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 8:42am
This is beautiful!
Did you specify just "yaki" or light yaki?
How does the hair feel? Is it rough or dry feeling at all?
Does it have those crimps?

This looks very natural on you. Just the right amount of kink to the curl pattern.
keelolo1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keelolo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 8:59am
Looks nice and full
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 9:07am
very nice.
septemberjewel89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote septemberjewel89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 9:33am
This so pretty! great install
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 9:41am
Thumbs Up
dredre07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dredre07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 9:57am
Look Very Nice.
esha wants hair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote esha wants hair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 10:29am
Nice curls!! Wish I was bold enough to rock curls like that!

misszolae View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote misszolae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 12:25pm
Thanks everyone!

@cocopuffs: I drilled into him lol that I wanted it to have a coarse yaki texture bc I felt the light yaki texture might 'disappear' once it was processed wavy, so he said he would use his 'med yaki texture. It feels very soft, especially after I DC, but you can still feel some slight texture to it..hard to explain. The only time it feels rough is when it's been a really cold/windy day (like in the closure pic). It's getting rlle cold here and the dry air dries out my hair on occasion. And no visible crimps!

@keelolo1: borderline too full lol. When i was installing I wasn't thinking that obviously with the curls  and the diff. lengths I wouldn't need to put as much hair in. It came out soo big I was kinda nervous to wear it out, and sometimes I feel I should remove another track or two lol. But I've gotten used to it and have gotten good feedback. However next time, I'll see what happens if I install just the standard 8oz.

@esha wants hair: do it! It takes getting used to at first if you're not used to big hair, but you get used to it. You also could maybe not use as many layers and ounces so that it isn;t too voluminous.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>