Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

19 WITH THINNING AND BALDING HAIR HELP!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
subzerojay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subzerojay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 19 WITH THINNING AND BALDING HAIR HELP!?
    Posted: Jul 19 2013 at 9:23pm
Im a 19 year old male I live in the UK and my hair is letting me down especially on the edges. I started to want to grow my hair when I was 16 I tried to do so but after about 2 1/2 months it grew from a level 1 to a level 2 1/2. Also I noticed on the edges of my hair I had bald patches that I had never noticed before. Now 3 years of tryna sort my sh*t out and get my scalp nice and healthy and I feel like im right where I started. I need guidance and advice from anyone and everyone willing to help me. As im on the mobile version of the site im not sure if I can post pictures with this post but any one whos interested in helping me out can private message me their e-mail which I'll send pictures of my hair to. Thankyou!
Sponsored Links

QueenBee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QueenBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 12:46am

I am not sure what a level 1 to level 2 1/2 means?

What products do you use?  How do you wear your hair?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subzerojay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 6:16am
A level 1is practically just above being bauls/clean shave in black mens hair. I use mane & tail shampoo and conditioner and african pride anti breakage hair moisturizer. And I wear my hair in a natural unstyled way all I do is moisturise it and possibly brush it sometimes when it's freshly cut and short
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 4:52pm
Jay?

are you supplementing with vitamins?  there are some specifically targeted toward hair growth for men.  I think you're talking about "Vellus" hair, right?

I'm taking Hair Omega (3x a day), and especially vitamin D/D3.  Nioxin Recharge vitamins used to be very well spoken of in the market.  Unfortunately, since they aren't making them anymore they are priced ridiculously..Ouch ($200.00 a bottle)..

What made Nioxin so sought after was the natural DHT blockers. DHT is the main culprit in male pattern baldness.  DHT blockers inhibit the testerone in the body that cause this.

the next post is a list of natural DHT blockers you'll find many hair supplements that contain DHT.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 4:53pm

Hormonal Support:

Some hormones like DHT actually cause hair miniaturization. Hairomega 3-in-1 has ingredients that may help balance DHT levels for ideal hair growth. Other ingredients like isoflavones may also help promote healthier hair growth.

Hormonal Support:

Some hormones like DHT actually cause hair miniaturization. Hairomega DHT has ingredients that may help balance DHT levels for ideal hair growth.

saw_palmetto

Saw Palmetto:

Saw palmetto is extracted from the fruit of Serenoa rapens tree and is rich in fatty acids and phytosterols. These ingredients bind to 5-alpha-reductase and prevent your body from making too much DHT. The phytosterols within saw palmetto also bind to androgen receptors at your hair follicles which prevents DHT from causing hair miniaturization.

saw_palmetto

Saw Palmetto:

Saw palmetto is extracted from the fruit of Serenoa rapens tree and is rich in fatty acids and phytosterols. These ingredients bind to 5-alpha-reductase and prevent your body from making too much DHT. The phytosterols within saw palmetto also bind to androgen receptors at your hair follicles which prevents DHT from causing hair miniaturization.

soybeans

Phytosterol Complex (including Beta-Sitosterol):

Beta-sitosterol is a specific kind of phytosterol. It is prevalent throughout the plant kingdom and is in the foods such as pecans, avocados, pumpkin seed, cashew nuts, rice bran, wheat germ, corn, and soybeans. It is perfectly safe to eat. A recent study concluded that just taking saw palmetto and beta-sitosterol together reduced the signs of alopecia.

soybeans

Beta-Sitosterol:

Beta-sitosterol is a specific kind of phytosterol. It is prevalent throughout the plant kingdom and is in the foods such as pecans, avocados, pumpkin seed, cashew nuts, rice bran, wheat germ, corn, and soybeans. It is perfectly safe to eat. A recent study concluded that just taking saw palmetto and beta-sitosterol together reduced the signs of alopecia.

stinging_nettles

Stinging Nettles:

In laboratory studies stinging nettles has been compared to finasteride (a medication commonly prescribed for hair loss and BPH) which inhibits 5-alpha-reductase from turning testosterone into DHT.

pygeum

Pygeum africanum:

Pygeum africanum is a tree found in Africa. Its extracts from pygeum bark include beta-sitosterol, other plant sterols, triterpenes, and certain compounds known as ferulic acids. It aids in hormonal balance.

Soy Isoflavones:

Asians have lower incidences of alopecia which is attributed to a diet rich in soy. Soy is rich in isoflavones.

tomatoes

Lycopene:

Lycopene is an antioxidant most commonly found in tomatoes and prevents damage to your body by free-radicals. It plays an important role in maintaining health and accounts for approximately 50% of all carotenoids in human serum.

Circulation Support

Poor circulation is another cause of hair loss.

Hairomega 3-in-1™ has the following ingredients to help:

quercetin

Quercetin:

Quercetin is a naturally occurring bioflavonoid found in apples, black tea, onions, and a variety of other plants. It has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Studies [1][2]

grapes

Grape Seed Extract:

Grape seeds contain an ingredient called proanthocyanidins. Proanthocyanidins have been shown to help with circulation.

zinc_peanuts

Zinc:

Zinc is a trace mineral that is found in the body. It plays a vital part in many bodily processes and functions such as in cell reproduction, hormonal balance, proper absorption of vitamins, and in protein synthesis.

ginko_biloba

Gingko biloba:

Ginkgko biloba has been shown to support a particular kind of circulation, microcirculation.

vitamin_b6

Vitamin B-6:

Zinc and vitamin B-6 are included in this formula because they are

required for proper hormone metabolism and are essential for hair growth. Vitamin B-6 also helps to body absorb the zinc.

B Vitamins:

B vitamins may help promote circulation.

cats_claw

Uncaria tomentosa (Cat’s claw) :

Cat’s Claw contains several alkaloids that are responsible for its alleged medical effects as well as tannins which are commonly found in teas.Some ingredients appear to act as anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and anticancer agents.A 2005 review on Cat’s Claw indicates there is supporting evidence toward its use in treating cancer, inflammation, viral infection and vascular conditions, and for its use as an immunostimulant, antioxidant, antibacterial and CNS ailments.

Nutrition Support:

Western diets are poor in nutrients essential for hair synthesis.

Hairomega 3-in-1™ provides many of these.

stinging_nettles

Stinging Nettles:

In laboratory studies stinging nettles has been compared to finasteride (a medication commonly prescribed for hair loss and BPH) which inhibits 5-alpha-reductase from turning testosterone into DHT.

silica_rice

Silica (silicon dioxide):

Silica is a nutrient vital to hair health. It helps make hair stronger and durable. Silica works by stimulating your cell metabolism and formation.

raspberries

Red raspberries:

Have been shown to have anti-oxidant properties.

vitamin_c

Vitamin C:

Vitamin C is important in collagen synthesis. While collagen is not in hair, the supporting structures between hair follicles is made out of collagen.

buchu-leaf

Buchu leaves:

Promote circulation which helps to get rid of toxins.

vitamin_b_bananas

Vitamin B

The various forms of Vitamin B and its associated complexes: Thiamine, niacin, biotin, pyroxidine, riboflavin, folic acid , pantothenic acid, para-aminobenzoic acid, choline, and inositol are all important in metabolic and cellular processes. Some of these processes include the synthesis of hair.

pumpkin

Pumpkin seed:

Contains phytosterols and has been shown to help balance DHT levels.

zinc_peanuts

Zinc:

Zinc is a trace mineral that is found in the body. It plays a vital part in many bodily processes and functions such as in cell reproduction, hormonal balance, proper absorption of vitamins, and in protein synthesis. All these processes are vital for proper hair growth such that an adequate amount of this mineral is needed to prevent hair thinning and loss.

burdock-root

Burdock root

Rich in phytosterols and essential fatty acids.

vitamin_a_carrots

Vitamin A:

Vitamin A appears to function in maintaining normal skin health.

gravel-root

Gravel root:

Beneficial to the urinary and renal systems. When introduced to the body, it increases the rate of toxin removal by the kidneys.

cysteine

Cysteine:

Hair is made of a protein called keratin. Keratin is made up of individual amino acids, the most common being: glycine, alanine and cysteine.

marshmallow-root

Marshmallow root:

Has anticatarrhal, anti-inflammatory, antilithic, demulcent, diuretic, emollient, expectorant, galactagogue, lithotriptic, mucilant, nutritive, and vulnerary properties and is helpful in the maintenance of overall health.

msm

MSM:

MSM is a source of sulfur which is used in keratin.

parsley

Parsley:

Parsley is often thought of as a table garnish and is overlooked for its beneficial properties. It is rich in volatile oils and flavonoids. Volatile oils have tumor inhibiting properties by aiding removal of carcinogenic (cancer causing) chemicals that don’t belong in the body. Anti-oxidants are chemicals that take the brunt of attack by oxidizing chemicals so that your normal cells. Parsley has a lot of anti-oxidants that stop attack by oxidizing agents.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 4:57pm
There are also other hair vites, from prominent companies: Minoxidil, Priveta, hair omega, just check out Amazon.com, or your local health food store.  You'll find something that works for you.  It shouldn't be very expensive either.

You should results w/in 2-3 months after taking them.  If some advertisement boasts that you'll INSTANTLY see results?  They are full of crap.

Hair growth comes from within.  there isn't any magical/mystical topical solution that will sprout hair like a chia pet, believe me.  i tried THAT route for several years.

Diet, exercise, lots of water, patience,  supplementation.  and course, the ol' BHM staple.. Jamaican Black castor oil..

good luck, jay.Smile

Edited by femmemuscleisback - Jul 20 2013 at 4:59pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subzerojay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2013 at 8:48am
Thankyou for all the information guys been a big help. Just wanted yo know if I use minoxidil will my new hair that I've grown fall out after I stop using it as I was thinking about using lipogaine which contains a DHT blocker
flat iron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flat iron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2013 at 4:06pm
First off, sorry for your problem. I know it MUST suck.
I also suffer with THIN hair at the base of my head because I always put my hair in a ponytail. The result? My hair looks like shlt whenever I try to wear it down. So I'm correcting that problem now.

We both have thinning hair, so THIS is what has worked for me:
1. Shea butter wash (1x a week)
2. Castor oil "rinse" (1x a week)
3. Henna (2x a month butas a guy, I don't know your thoughts on henna)

In depth, here is how you do the shea butter wash: riarankine.hubpages.com/hub/Thicker-Hair-with-Organic-Shea-Butter-Wash
And if you're consistent with all of these hair thickening treatments, you WILL see results.
3 Natural Ways to Thicken Your Hair: ezinearticles.com/?3-Natural-Methods-to-Thicken-Fine-Hair&id=7956667

Be cautious of the hair growth vitamins you take. I haven't heard about minoxidil, but I have heard that most stop working when you discontinue use, AND you lose the growth you gained with it...I don't know WHY.
anna1167 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anna1167 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 8:45am
How is your hair now? did you ever consider going to a dermatologist? 
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 3:50pm
Could it be Genetics ???
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic