Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

18-year old black man killed by police in MO

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 397398399400401 461>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 18 Votes, Average 4.11  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2014 at 6:31pm
We had a discussion on this in class and what the effects of his death and the riots will be.
It got heated by the end.

Black Student Leaders are having an upcoming meeting and how things can be changed locally.
Even though the town I work and go to school in is smaller I still think the cameras would be a good idea.

Edited by jonesable - Sep 02 2014 at 6:37pm
Sponsored Links

livi123 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote livi123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2014 at 6:33pm
can't believe this is almost 400 pages
LovesHim View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LovesHim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2014 at 7:15pm

FERGUSON, Mo. - Centene Corporation announced Tuesday it will build a new claims processing center in Ferguson and bring up to 200 jobs.

It's a huge vote of confidence for a city that has seen weeks of unrest following the police shooting of Michael Brown. The CEO and chairman of Centene Corporation Michael Neidorff said it's time for action not talk.

"I called my board, they are behind it. It took them about three seconds to say we should do that," Neidorff said. "We said it makes a lot of sense to do this. It's the right thing for the community. It's time we do something. And stop talking about it."

In a statement, Ferguson Mayor James Knowles said "Centene Corporation's decision to establish a new claims processing center in Ferguson is a huge investment in our local economy, and we are working alongside Centene to identify site locations. We truly appreciate their confidence in our community and hope other corporate leaders will follow their lead."

St. Louis Community College will partner with the state of Missouri and Centene to provide job training resources for job candidates through the Missouri Works Training program.

"We are the eyes and ears of the state on the local level here in terms of training, in terms of assuring that an effective training program gets designed, developed, and delivered, that folks get an opportunity for these jobs," said Steve Long, Associate Vice Chancellor for St. Louis Community College.

Good news has been in short supply in Ferguson in the wake of the Michael Brown shooting death.

Neidorf said the unrest is what prompted Centene to select Ferguson. He hopes the claims processing center and the jobs that it's going to bring will give hope to Ferguson residents, entrepreneurs, and small business owners there."

"It's a great community, and we need to show people that we have confidence in it," Neidorff said. "We need to give every small entrepreneur, every small mom-and-pop shops, confidence to continue to operate up there. Because I think it's a very valuable part of the city. I think it's good for us, it's good for our shareholders, it's good for the community. If it gives that community hope that's what we want."

ragincajin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2014 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by LovesHim LovesHim wrote:

FERGUSON, Mo. - Centene Corporation announced Tuesday it will build a new claims processing center in Ferguson and bring up to 200 jobs.

It's a huge vote of confidence for a city that has seen weeks of unrest following the police shooting of Michael Brown. The CEO and chairman of Centene Corporation Michael Neidorff said it's time for action not talk.

"I called my board, they are behind it. It took them about three seconds to say we should do that," Neidorff said. "We said it makes a lot of sense to do this. It's the right thing for the community. It's time we do something. And stop talking about it..."

Good news has been in short supply in Ferguson in the wake of the Michael Brown shooting death.

One word: demographics. Let's wait to see the breakdown of jobs for black folk before joining the cheering section. Directors, managers, supervisors, rank and file employees. Just because it'll be housed in Ferguson, doesn't necessarily mean good tidings for the people of Ferguson. 

And as usual, white men speak with forked tongues. So there.

Edited by ragincajin - Sep 02 2014 at 9:08pm
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2014 at 9:04pm
That's all good but I still want an arrest and charges.
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2014 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

All these little gestures feel like they are designed to take our minds off the fact that the bastard is still on paid vacation. It's quite worrisome.
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2014 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

All these little gestures feel like they are designed to take our minds off the fact that the bastard is still on paid vacation. It's quite worrisome.

yea.....smoke and mirrors.....

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2014 at 2:30am
Wow just fuccking wow.

Explains why Obama and them were so schmoozy ... These guys are party cronys to the democrats

These tweets are too many for me to copy and paste from my iPad

Can someone please do so?

McCullough STARTED Darren Wilsons go fundme

http://littlemisssiren.tumblr.com/post/96521953370/postracialcomments-monsterbeard
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2014 at 2:33am

Edited by afrokock - Sep 03 2014 at 2:34am
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2014 at 2:45am
^^here you go...wow I'm gobsmacked 

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 397398399400401 461>
  Share Topic