BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

18-year old black man killed by police in MO

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 390391392393394 422>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 18 Votes, Average 4.11  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 7:47pm
ima need some of those yt men to be swapped out for black or women...their privilege will cloud their judgement
Sponsored Links

Senior Detective View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 7:58pm

Missouri police sued for $40 million over actions in Ferguson protests

Police officers keep watch while demonstrators (not pictured) protest the death of black teenager Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri August 12, 2014.  REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni

Police officers keep watch while demonstrators (not pictured) protest the death of black teenager Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri August 12, 2014.

CREDIT: REUTERS/MARIO ANZUONI

RELATED TOPICS

n">(Reuters) - A group of people caught up in unrest in Ferguson, Missouri, after a white officer killed a black teenager, sued local officials on Thursday, alleging civil rights violations through arrests and police assaults with rubber bullets and tear gas.

The suit, filed in U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri, says law enforcement met a broad public outcry over the Aug. 9 killing of 18-year-old Michael Brown with "militaristic displays of force and weaponry," (and) engaged U.S. citizens "as if they were war combatants."

The lawsuit seeks a total of $40 million on behalf of six plaintiffs, including a 17-year-old boy who was with his mother in a fast-food restaurant when they were arrested. Each of the plaintiffs was caught up in interactions with police over a period from Aug. 11 to 13, the suit allege.

Named as defendants are the city of Ferguson, St. Louis County, Ferguson Police Chief Tom Jackson, St. Louis County Police Chief Jon Delmar, Ferguson police officer Justin Cosmo, and other unnamed police officers from Ferguson and St. Louis County.

Neither the city, county nor police departments had any immediate comment on the lawsuit.

The lawsuit followed nearly two weeks of racial strife in the St. Louis suburb of Ferguson, where Brown's killing prompted protesters to take to the streets. Some stores were looted in nightly protests, and police responded with riot gear and moved in military equipment to try to quell the turmoil.

One of the plaintiffs alleges she and her son were in a McDonald's restaurant when several police officers with rifles ordered them out. According to the suit, an officer threw her to the ground and handcuffed her, with she and her son both arrested.

Another plaintiff alleges he was trying to visit his mother in Ferguson when several police officers in military uniforms in her neighborhood shot him with rubber bullets. When he fell over, he was beaten and sprayed with pepper spray, the lawsuit says.

Two other plaintiffs say they were peacefully protesting when officers in riot gear fired on them with tear gas, rubber bullets and stun grenades. A separate plaintiff says he was trying to record footage of the protests when police took his camera and arrested him.

"This is a blatant example of how police handle African-Americans ... how it can go terribly, terribly wrong. You have a right to peaceful assembly," said attorney Reginald Greene who brought the case.

Police have said police officer Darren Wilson shot Brown in an altercation on a residential street when the officer asked him to move out of the road. Some witnesses have reported that Brown was holding his hands up in surrender when he was shot multiple times, including twice in the head.

A St. Louis County grand jury has begun hearing evidence in the case. The U.S. Justice Department has opened its own investigation.

bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 8:12pm
only 40 million ? who is suing ? there is so much evidence there going to have to file out of court
HaitianLuv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote HaitianLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 8:41pm
I hope those 3 black jurors aren't coon azz republican blacks. That would F everything up.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 9:09pm
A St. Louis County grand jury has begun hearing evidence in the case. The U.S. Justice Department has opened its own investigation

==========

What do yall think the US justice dept is going to do/find?   Seriously...  Are they gonna tell the police to turn over the confiscated phones & review the footage?  Will they arrest the officers for murder & misconduct?

Edited by Senior Detective - Aug 28 2014 at 9:47pm
callmeDEva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote callmeDEva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 9:37pm
I think they're going to find a lot...look at how much has come out in the media already? especially about the personal lives/past history of other police officers..

if they don't arrest wilson, they have to at least expose the police department. at the very least.

i'm hoping they're taking their sweet time only to drop a bomb on everything. keeping fingers crossed

Edited by callmeDEva - Aug 28 2014 at 9:37pm
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 9:37pm
My family in STL began a boycott against Iyanla . I finally saw her show from Ferguson . I think she cause more harm and help the cops. I will never watch her show again . I think her questions could wait until after a conviction . What would she do if a cop killed her son ?
I can't wait to go home next month .
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 9:48pm
This molasses tongue motherfuca here start: .39
They?...rly

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by callmeDEva callmeDEva wrote:

I think they're going to find a lot...look at how much has come out in the media already? especially about the personal lives/past history of other police officers..

if they don't arrest wilson, they have to at least expose the police department. at the very least.

i'm hoping they're taking their sweet time only to drop a bomb on everything. keeping fingers crossed
I hope so.   For once they should let their biases go & do the right thing!!!
OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 9:52pm
Somebody should start a petition to boycott all "black" television shows that have exploited this tragedy for personal gain as well as spoken ill towards the death of this boy. If every nigguh that attended the BET Awards donated a DOLLAR to this and used their power and name in a productive manner, we could have possibly had BUSES of blacks being sent to Furgeson. We could have made sure those people had more supplies. They are on the ground doing the hard work and these son of a bytches are talking about an Ice Bucket Challenge? Victim blaming? 

No more. I'm sick of hearing the self hating, and intellectually dishonest vitriol spewed by our "own". They need to be held to the fire like white people are. 

This is my problem. These coons didn't get where they are because white people loved them. No. They got where they are from the support (whether financial or simply by saying their name) of the black community. I see NO reason why they should be spared. Iyanla wasn't nothing but a black woman with a sad tale and some books. But WE are the ones that bought those books. We supported and believed in her. Her past is extremely troubled, but we never judged her. 

They tip toe around offending white people because now that's who signs their checks, but they don't extend that same courtesy to their own people...the same people that keep them relevant. 

Iyanla and The Breakfast Club are the ones I'm referring to specifically. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 390391392393394 422>