BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

18-year old black man killed by police in MO

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 379380381382383 424>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 18 Votes, Average 4.11  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Fraiche2Death View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fraiche2Death Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 2:28pm
And this is why I home school. I use a commercial curriculum but I add my own lessons, workshops & field trips...full of things we didn't learn in school. I do know a few parents with very very strong curriculums full of African/African American history and service to the community. (What others might see as extreme but they are just giving the real) This can be done on weekends w/regular schoolers though people just need to take the time. Grab a few neighborhood kids/family members and start a class w/snacks. Just an hour or so. This is how a lot of the schools start w/o funding.

Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

But you could always home school and form an organization at which those ideologies are the focus of studies. I think things seem harder when you go the formal route but there are alternatives to reach the same goal.
Sponsored Links

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by callmeDEva callmeDEva wrote:

I just keep hoping that the DOJ comes through on this. Absolutely scary to think about how worse things can get for us in America if due justice isn't served. Not that they seem to anyway, but racist cops won't be worried or scared of the repercussions of their actions
is mculloch still prosecuting?
Lilaca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilaca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by Fraiche2Death Fraiche2Death wrote:

And this is why I home school. I use a commercial curriculum but I add my own lessons, workshops & field trips...full of things we didn't learn in school. I do know a few parents with very very strong curriculums full of African/African American history and service to the community. (What others might see as extreme but they are just giving the real) This can be done on weekends w/regular schoolers though people just need to take the time. Grab a few neighborhood kids/family members and start a class w/snacks. Just an hour or so. This is how a lot of the schools start w/o funding.

But you could always home school and form an organization at which those ideologies are the focus of studies. I think things seem harder when you go the formal route but there are alternatives to reach the same goal.
home schooling seems like a pretty good ideaStar
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 2:49pm
Yeah I'm going to do "Sunday School" with my son and I think I'll invite a few of my young relatives as well. 
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 2:52pm
I def want to open up some private schools. 
Also thinking about farming.
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 2:55pm
It all goes back to my island thread. It has seriously become a goal
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by Lilaca Lilaca wrote:

Originally posted by Fraiche2Death Fraiche2Death wrote:

<span style="font-size: medium; line-height: 22.399999618530273px;">And this is why I home school. I use a commercial curriculum but I add my own lessons, workshops & field trips...full of things we didn't learn in school. I do know a few parents with </span><i style="font-size: medium; line-height: 22.399999618530273px;">very very<span style="font-size: medium; line-height: 22.399999618530273px;"> strong curriculums full of African/African American history and service to the community. (What others might see as extreme but they are just giving the real) This can be done on weekends w/regular schoolers though people just need to take the time. Grab a few neighborhood kids/family members and start a class w/snacks. Just an hour or so. This is how a lot of the schools start w/o funding.</span>

home schooling seems like a pretty good ideaStar
iono nout homeschooling

some kids become socially awkward

and with the age of net accessibility it may not be a good thing

i wonder how homeschooling folks do it
OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 3:05pm
Home schooling programs generally have social events once or twice a week, meet and greets, discounts with museums and science centers, discounts to Disney World, etc. It's not for everyone, but school isn't the only social outlet. 

Fraiche2Death View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Fraiche2Death Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 3:14pm
If one has a socially awkward homeschooled child the child is just socially awkward period or the parent isn't schooling properly. People who don't have the proper time/resources shouldn't do it. Many businesses/museums etc. in major cities offer homeschool workshops now & parents have play groups/co-ops and field trips. There's 25 kids in my daughter's online classes. You have to be involved. She has a meet up 3 of 5 school days each week whether it's dance class or some sort of activity. And her local cyber charter has a brick & mortar bldg where they hold events. Even the parents out in the sticks get together so if folks don't keep their kid social I chalk it up to laziness.

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 3:18pm
cheers guys ..

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style