Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 18-year old black man killed by police in MO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
 

18-year old black man killed by police in MO

 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 375376377378379 438>






Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 18 Votes, Average 4.11  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: May 19 2008
Location: South London
Status: Online
Points: 916254
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 5:09am
If he was innocent, why did he bail?
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
Claudie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: Mar 21 2006
Location: Happyville
Status: Offline
Points: 35151
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Claudie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 7:03am
R.I.P. Mike gone too soon Broken HeartCry  Justice will be served, Darren Wilson will be indicted and convicted.
Back to Top
Senior Detective View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: Apr 21 2013
Location: Fly on the wall
Status: Offline
Points: 41268
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 7:53am
He will remain loyal to his white mother and brother.

"My white brother loved black people more than I did when we were growing up. As a black interracial child of the south – one who lived in a homogenous white town – I struggled with my own blackness. I struggled even more with loving that blackness. But my brother, Mitch, didn’t. He loved me unapologetically. He loved me loudly.

He also loved screwing with other people’s expectations. Whenever we met new people or I joined a social situation he was in, Mitch would make sure I was standing right next to him for introductions and say, “This is Zach, my brother” – and then go silent with a smirk.

These new acquaintances would then scan back and forth with such intensity – black, white, white, black – that our faces became a kind of tennis court, with strangers waiting for someone to fault. Eventually someone would awkwardly laugh and say something like: “Oh, adopted brother,” immediately looking relieved to have figured it out. My brother would deny that and push the line further, “No, like, my brother. We have the same mom. We are blood.”

That would lead to someone questioning me intensely, and, each time, my white brother would stand next to me, proud: prouder than me of my own skin. And over the years, as he continued playing this game, I became prouder ... with his help.

And then, years later and far away in Chicago, I got the phone call: my brother, now a cop, had shot an unarmed black man back in Tennessee.

Hearing about black men dying is never exactly a surprise. Every day, you see the news stories: On the news, black men die while getting Skittles. On the news, black men die in choke-holds. On the news, black men die for playing their music too loud. It seems black men die on the news more than they do almost anything else on the news, even with a black president in office. Every 28 hours, a black man is killed by a police officer in America.

I just never imagined that the police officer in that scenario would ever be my brother. Mitch was supposed to be different than all the rest. He was supposed to be different because of me.

The first thing I did after I got the phone call was Google my brother’s name. I saw a mix of headlines; some outlets were more sympathetic toward the unarmed 22-year-old victim, while other coverage was more favorable to my brother, the cop who “accidentally” killed someone. Articles kept using that word – “accidental” – over and over, and it felt like aloe on a burn.

Watching the first press conference later that day, the police spokesman talked about how my brother was just doing his job, that he followed protocol and that this was just a tragic accident for everyone involved. After the press conference, one of the local news stations in Nashville aired a more in-depth look at the case and reported that the victim had a family member who had been shot by someone on the same police force years earlier – also, apparently, “by accident”.

Accident seemed like an odd word to me for this situation. When I hear the word “accident”, I usually think about spilled milk or the dog urinating on the carpet or even bumper scratch. Accidents were things that you respond to with, “Whoops, sorry!” But with this accident, I wondered: to whom could we even say “sorry” now that a man lay dead?

While I watched, I kept thinking about why these accidents always seemed to happen to black people. And why they were called accidents, when it seemed so clearly to be much more than an accident – when it seemed to be a flaw in a system that called things accidents.

I stared at my computer after my screen went black and prayed that it was an accident. Because calling it that didn’t make me feel I had to choose my race over my blood – the strangers who asked me questions over the brother who wanted them to.

I went home to Tennessee a few years later, after the media coverage of the case had calmed down, and sat in one of the chairs in my mother’s living room and let the argument happen. My mother, with her smooth milk skin, stared at me with eyes that would not unlock from my own.

“Do you actually think he shot him because he was black?” she asked, tearing up.

“Yes, I do. I really do.”

“But how can you say that? Honestly, he is blacker than you!”

I winced at her backwards compliment, the racism veiled as praise, the description I’d heard since I could write my name.

“Mom, that is simply not true. He is white. This will never change, no matter what he does. Never. And because I am black, I know that if that man would have been white he would be alive today.”

My mom finally unlocked eyes with me and stared down at her glass. I could see that she wanted to agree with me, but couldn’t this time, because it was an indictment of her other son. She had probably never imagined having to argue with her black son about her white son shooting and killing an unarmed black man while on duty.

But that’s also when I began to see just how much racism isn’t really about a single act or a single person, but rather a much larger system . A system that calls the recurring death of black male bodies “accidents”.

No matter how my mom had raised us, no matter how much my brother loved my blackness and was so proud of me for who I was, it still didn’t stop another black man from losing his life.

My white brother isn’t a racist – and he didn’t intentionally kill that man because he was black – but that’s not the point. In his case – in Ferguson and in so many other cases – we see the deaths of unarmed black men as “accidents”. And until the day we all recognize them as casualties of something much bigger, we will continue to see black men dead on the news.

We will continue to see brothers killing brothers."

http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...shot-black-man
Back to Top
Senior Detective View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: Apr 21 2013
Location: Fly on the wall
Status: Offline
Points: 41268
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 8:09am
Originally posted by Claudie Claudie wrote:

R.I.P. Mike gone too soon Broken HeartCry  Justice will be served, Darren Wilson will be indicted and convicted.
funeral is on tv one right now.  its amazing how the turnout went
Back to Top
hauteshellbi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Sep 10 2010
Location: Florida
Status: Offline
Points: 43591
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hauteshellbi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 8:48am
Why are these crakkkas donating money to the murderer?

why do americans love donating to bs causes?!! babies are starving in the us and all over the world but these mfers are donating to a fukkin legal fund really

im sure any defense lawyer would happily wave the fees since they will have all that free publicity
Back to Top
HaitianLuv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Mar 26 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 16847
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote HaitianLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 9:01am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Y'all peep this?



FPD should be fined for fckking with evidence. They want to run around and bring up crap that has nothing to do with the case but things that can reveal DW's mind state and personality they let it vanish. Looking at his social media posts could be a dead give away as to what type of person he is. And they release some store video that has nothing to do with it, but what happen to all those camera phone videos that they collected?? They have tons of videos that could show what happened but they arent going to release that???? They are such bullshtters
Back to Top
Senior Detective View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: Apr 21 2013
Location: Fly on the wall
Status: Offline
Points: 41268
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 9:22am
yasss Haitianluv
Back to Top
honeyb87 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: Sep 10 2006
Location: Hotlanta
Status: Offline
Points: 41488
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote honeyb87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 9:23am
Originally posted by Fraiche2Death Fraiche2Death wrote:

Sometimes I just stop reading and just pause and have an "oh sh*t" moment. Like...this is happening. This dude is free & that boy is dead. There's a fcuking pile... No mountain of evidence and humans who saw what happened are being called liars. A town is hiding a white person. Like...I think I'm having some sort of outer body moment. I cant explain it...

I know EXACTLY how you feel....like, I cannot fathom....whites already have more rights as evident by this (and many) situations, yet other white people willingly fund a murderer when all logic goes against this case....$400,000??? Really??? Are American white people seriously this deluded, hateful, dismissive, stupid? How can you not see that shooting someone 10 times was uncalled for??
This thread pisses me off. WTF is wrong with people????
Back to Top
HaitianLuv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Mar 26 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 16847
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote HaitianLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 9:42am
Originally posted by honeyb87 honeyb87 wrote:

Originally posted by Fraiche2Death Fraiche2Death wrote:

Sometimes I just stop reading and just pause and have an "oh sh*t" moment. Like...this is happening. This dude is free & that boy is dead. There's a fcuking pile... No mountain of evidence and humans who saw what happened are being called liars. A town is hiding a white person. Like...I think I'm having some sort of outer body moment. I cant explain it...

I know EXACTLY how you feel....like, I cannot fathom....whites already have more rights as evident by this (and many) situations, yet other white people willingly fund a murderer when all logic goes against this case....$400,000??? Really??? Are American white people seriously this deluded, hateful, dismissive, stupid? How can you not see that shooting someone 10 times was uncalled for??
This thread pisses me off. WTF is wrong with people????


Yes they are. Always have been and always will be. But dont let that sway you. They may have given more money but they have far less supporters. They have what maybe 3,000 that contributed to the 400,000. But we have wayyyy more that contributed to our gofund me and various other aspects of the case. We have people from around the world on our side. They're just a small group but we have far more than them. so dont concern yourself with their stupidity just keep being loud, keep pushing, and see this case through to the end.
Back to Top
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: Jul 20 2011
Location: SupaFlyKingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 147674
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 9:55am
I bet Wilson was part of a white supremacist group or something that was really, really bad. Why else would the wipe out his social media footprint? I woke up scared over this case this morning. I must have dreamt about it because the first thing that came to mind when I woke up is what the hell is this prosecutor telling the grand jury? We have no idea what evidence he is presenting or not presenting right now. I saw him on heard is gravel voice the other day on TV. I didn't like him on sight.
Back to Top
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 375376377378379 438>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down