BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

18-year old black man killed by police in MO

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 371372373374375 600>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 18 Votes, Average 4.11  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 3:57am

Support grows for Darren Wilson

ST. LOUIS - As the funeral for Michael Brown draws closer, support continues to grow for the officer involved in his shooting.

For the second day in a row a crowd has gathered to rally for Officer Darren Wilson. Supporters held signs showing their support, and people driving past the demonstration on Chippewa honked their horns to show support too.

The group has been building followers. They feel Wilson's side has not been equally portrayed by the media.

One of the group's organizers told NewsChannel 5 that over the last few days, their Facebook page has been able to get more than 66,000 likes from people feel the same way, and that they've been able to raise about $400,000 through a variety of efforts, including a GoFundMe page.

During a short press conference Sunday afternoon, the group maintained that they truly believe Wilson's actions were justified two weeks ago.

"We steadfastly believe that Officer Wilson's actions on August 9th, were warranted and justified, evidence has and will continue to validate our position. We are not just supporters, we are one enormous family now," said a spokesperson for the group.

Other groups have been chiming in as well. The National Association of Police Organizers actually took out an advertisement in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch Sunday. It said they have a "deep and profound concern" for Wilson.

http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/local/2014/08/24/darren-wilson-support-grows/14539821/

Sponsored Links

OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 4:23am
Charges have not even been pressed against this psychotic big eared piece of sheit, yet white people are eagerly giving him over a quarter of a million dollars SOLELY for being a murderer. 

He's 28 years old. If, God forbid, he isn't charged with murder I guess he will just be a half millionaire. 
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 4:37am
They aided and abetted someone they knew was going to possibly go to court on murder charges

They should charge that police department
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 5:09am
If he was innocent, why did he bail?
Claudie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Claudie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 7:03am
R.I.P. Mike gone too soon Broken HeartCry  Justice will be served, Darren Wilson will be indicted and convicted.
Senior Detective View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 7:53am
He will remain loyal to his white mother and brother.

"My white brother loved black people more than I did when we were growing up. As a black interracial child of the south – one who lived in a homogenous white town – I struggled with my own blackness. I struggled even more with loving that blackness. But my brother, Mitch, didn’t. He loved me unapologetically. He loved me loudly.

He also loved screwing with other people’s expectations. Whenever we met new people or I joined a social situation he was in, Mitch would make sure I was standing right next to him for introductions and say, “This is Zach, my brother” – and then go silent with a smirk.

These new acquaintances would then scan back and forth with such intensity – black, white, white, black – that our faces became a kind of tennis court, with strangers waiting for someone to fault. Eventually someone would awkwardly laugh and say something like: “Oh, adopted brother,” immediately looking relieved to have figured it out. My brother would deny that and push the line further, “No, like, my brother. We have the same mom. We are blood.”

That would lead to someone questioning me intensely, and, each time, my white brother would stand next to me, proud: prouder than me of my own skin. And over the years, as he continued playing this game, I became prouder ... with his help.

And then, years later and far away in Chicago, I got the phone call: my brother, now a cop, had shot an unarmed black man back in Tennessee.

Hearing about black men dying is never exactly a surprise. Every day, you see the news stories: On the news, black men die while getting Skittles. On the news, black men die in choke-holds. On the news, black men die for playing their music too loud. It seems black men die on the news more than they do almost anything else on the news, even with a black president in office. Every 28 hours, a black man is killed by a police officer in America.

I just never imagined that the police officer in that scenario would ever be my brother. Mitch was supposed to be different than all the rest. He was supposed to be different because of me.

The first thing I did after I got the phone call was Google my brother’s name. I saw a mix of headlines; some outlets were more sympathetic toward the unarmed 22-year-old victim, while other coverage was more favorable to my brother, the cop who “accidentally” killed someone. Articles kept using that word – “accidental” – over and over, and it felt like aloe on a burn.

Watching the first press conference later that day, the police spokesman talked about how my brother was just doing his job, that he followed protocol and that this was just a tragic accident for everyone involved. After the press conference, one of the local news stations in Nashville aired a more in-depth look at the case and reported that the victim had a family member who had been shot by someone on the same police force years earlier – also, apparently, “by accident”.

Accident seemed like an odd word to me for this situation. When I hear the word “accident”, I usually think about spilled milk or the dog urinating on the carpet or even bumper scratch. Accidents were things that you respond to with, “Whoops, sorry!” But with this accident, I wondered: to whom could we even say “sorry” now that a man lay dead?

While I watched, I kept thinking about why these accidents always seemed to happen to black people. And why they were called accidents, when it seemed so clearly to be much more than an accident – when it seemed to be a flaw in a system that called things accidents.

I stared at my computer after my screen went black and prayed that it was an accident. Because calling it that didn’t make me feel I had to choose my race over my blood – the strangers who asked me questions over the brother who wanted them to.

I went home to Tennessee a few years later, after the media coverage of the case had calmed down, and sat in one of the chairs in my mother’s living room and let the argument happen. My mother, with her smooth milk skin, stared at me with eyes that would not unlock from my own.

“Do you actually think he shot him because he was black?” she asked, tearing up.

“Yes, I do. I really do.”

“But how can you say that? Honestly, he is blacker than you!”

I winced at her backwards compliment, the racism veiled as praise, the description I’d heard since I could write my name.

“Mom, that is simply not true. He is white. This will never change, no matter what he does. Never. And because I am black, I know that if that man would have been white he would be alive today.”

My mom finally unlocked eyes with me and stared down at her glass. I could see that she wanted to agree with me, but couldn’t this time, because it was an indictment of her other son. She had probably never imagined having to argue with her black son about her white son shooting and killing an unarmed black man while on duty.

But that’s also when I began to see just how much racism isn’t really about a single act or a single person, but rather a much larger system . A system that calls the recurring death of black male bodies “accidents”.

No matter how my mom had raised us, no matter how much my brother loved my blackness and was so proud of me for who I was, it still didn’t stop another black man from losing his life.

My white brother isn’t a racist – and he didn’t intentionally kill that man because he was black – but that’s not the point. In his case – in Ferguson and in so many other cases – we see the deaths of unarmed black men as “accidents”. And until the day we all recognize them as casualties of something much bigger, we will continue to see black men dead on the news.

We will continue to see brothers killing brothers."

http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...shot-black-man
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 8:09am
Originally posted by Claudie Claudie wrote:

R.I.P. Mike gone too soon Broken HeartCry  Justice will be served, Darren Wilson will be indicted and convicted.
funeral is on tv one right now.  its amazing how the turnout went
hauteshellbi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hauteshellbi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 8:48am
Why are these crakkkas donating money to the murderer?

why do americans love donating to bs causes?!! babies are starving in the us and all over the world but these mfers are donating to a fukkin legal fund really

im sure any defense lawyer would happily wave the fees since they will have all that free publicity
HaitianLuv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote HaitianLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 9:01am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Y'all peep this?

FPD should be fined for fckking with evidence. They want to run around and bring up crap that has nothing to do with the case but things that can reveal DW's mind state and personality they let it vanish. Looking at his social media posts could be a dead give away as to what type of person he is. And they release some store video that has nothing to do with it, but what happen to all those camera phone videos that they collected?? They have tons of videos that could show what happened but they arent going to release that???? They are such bullshtters
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 9:22am
yasss Haitianluv
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 371372373374375 600>