Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

18-year old black man killed by police in MO

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 320321322323324 610>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 19 Votes, Average 3.95  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 5:02pm
Eric Holder will meet with the family today .
Sponsored Links

Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

IFWT_TI_Open_Letter

The death of Michael Brown continues to loom in the air and remind many Americans of the treatment received from law enforcement. Celebrities from J. Cole to Nelly have expressed their feelings on being a black man in this society. Now, T.I. pens his emotions on the ordeal.

“America has created a monster,” T.I. writes. “We were brought to this place, unaware of our own cultures, religion and traditions, therefore, we created our own,” he continues. Truth talk.

T.I. Writes:

Look at us … America has created a monster. The result of ignoring & mishandling an already fragile spirited, recently enslaved, presently oppressed race-generation of people. Look at us. We’re the monster that now refuses to be dismissed, overlooked and ignored. We were brought to this place, unaware of our own cultures, religion and traditions, therefore, we created our own. Now look at us.

For years we’ve been crying out for the nation to address the substandard education systems and disparaging treatment of our citizens in communities across America. Our people have had an increasing lack of opportunities for generations. There have been homes broken, lives shattered and futures lost on your watch … unanswered. Look at us. How long can u expect a nation/race/generation of people to be blatantly disrespected? Spoken to and treated with arrogant tones of insignificance. Our fathers, uncles, brothers and role models were killed and imprisoned more often than educated. Now look at us. Our friends and relatives murdered and cast aside without thought, as though your human life is more valuable than ours. How long can that go on without consequence? Now look at us.

How long can u continue to pass the buck and make excuses of why u can’t do today what should have been done yester-year? Although I DO NOT support the negative responses & actions of my people in light of this tragedy … I WILL NOT condone your lack of effort to show any urgency to improve the treatment of our people, nor the living conditions in our communities. Your refusal to address these life altering issues makes events such as these seem inevitable. Although I too am at fault to a degree and I admit that I may not have all da answers… I do have a fun fact for you. Insanity is … Going about things the same way, expecting a different result. U wanna different result? U must take different action. What else do u expect? Look at us!!!

Clifford “T.I.” Harris
Rapper, Actor, CEO, Father

I wonder which part of this letter TI actually wrote Ermm

ETA: Him and Nelly are annoying. Have some seats.. I feel like they just want attention. I saw a tiny clip of Benzino on the news talking about it but I was at a client house so couldn't watch.... is he attention whoring?

Edited by Lite Brite - Aug 20 2014 at 5:28pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

Random non serious question...but curious to know...what chips dude was holding in that pic.

Lol, he said these

keepgrowing View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote keepgrowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by Fraiche2Death Fraiche2Death wrote:

I keep saying this! MOST people just protested. We can't have that? We can't scream!? They won't even let us out in our own neighborhoods. How are we supposed to react!? Everyone doesn't react or fall in line the same way! I can only imagine what this sh*t does to Ferguson & Fergusons around the country on the inside day after day after day. So when one decides to go straight Hulk for a second....

Originally posted by smaison smaison wrote:

what negative response and action muthaphucker? being angry and protesting? that's the negative response? 

How do people stay sane with all this cause man. Why are black people addressed so harshly yet white people are handled with kitten gloves? On the radio this morning,  97.9 mad hatta pretty much cosigned T.I.s negativity comment saying black people rioting and being violent isn't solving anything. Then he went on a rant chastising black listeners in Houston for asking him to help out. Instead of getting some inspirational words from somewhere, we get another lecture on how black people need to do better. Then went on to say racism never went away and you are foolish if you thought that. well thanks.

then he had the nerve to say we going to play the new TI after the break. Sleepy
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 5:42pm
Cry Keep growing, I love the mad hatta morning show more than I can express and typically listen every morning.. but I havent put it on since any of this began.  I havent even heard them discuss it at all... because I was AFRAID of hearing something I didn't want to and getting pissed.

I've been trying to stay away from anything I might not want to read/hear about this. That's why I'm always in this thread.

HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 5:49pm
i was at work and had to restrain myself. This coon pointed at CNN and said "I can't believe all this for him"  I automatically say the cop... she goes "no, the kid, look (points to tv) he is a theif, he was mad big I eould be scared to"

Thank god my shift was over
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 5:52pm
Haitian the thing is these yt co-workers are going to become even more confrontational about this to blk co-workers as the tide starts to turn and cops start getting charges for killing unarmed blacks.  They live in a fantasy world where cops are always right when it comes to black.  They also think its appropriate to address this venom towards their black co-workers.  They feel comfortable chastising US for speaking out about it. 

Its going to get ugly.  Jobs will be compromised.  Lawsuits will be off the chain.

I see major reform in sensitivity training coming to a United States work-force"near you"

Im_oh_so_hott View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Im_oh_so_hott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 5:56pm

Haitian the thing is these yt co-workers are going to become even more confrontational about this to blk co-workers as the tide starts to turn and cops start getting charges for killing unarmed blacks.  They live in a fantasy world where cops are always right when it comes to black.  They also think its appropriate to address this venom towards their black co-workers.  They feel comfortable chastising US for speaking out about it. 

Its going to get ugly.  Jobs will be compromised.  Lawsuits will be off the chain.

I see major reform in sensitivity training coming to a United States work-force"near you"

I believe the co-worker was Black.
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 5:57pm
We always have to back down first in these conversations and let them say whatever they want while we have to walk away.  Because we're working at the plantation.   I'm tired of that sh*t too.

I strongly believe it is time for a class action suit.

BLACK PEOPLE LIVING IN THE U.S.

vs.

The UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

From Slavery to Jim Crow to Mass Incarceration.  PTSD and all sorts of fckn mental anguish.   Oh y'all think we're crazy.  Well guess what YOU DROVE US INSANE.  Now what?

Edited by kfoxx1998 - Aug 20 2014 at 5:58pm
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by Im_oh_so_hott Im_oh_so_hott wrote:

I believe the co-worker was Black.

On the outside I guess.
She adopted the mantra to keep the rest of us in check. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 320321322323324 610>
  Share Topic