BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

18-year old black man killed by police in MO

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 316317318319320 598>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 18 Votes, Average 4.11  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 2:33pm

nolabeings:

“My sons have taught me that love is definitely the strongest, most prevailing emotion and force in this world. And they’ve taught me through loving them and seeing what’s happening in society, that it’s lacking. It’s not enough, and it’s not okay.”

Sponsored Links

naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 2:34pm
black women being killed by police?? inform us help us get the word out
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 2:35pm
Ragin I think that might be why Holder wants to quit.   Loved this article for discussing some of the office politics.   I had no idea they banned him the speaking!   So Obama won't let him leave but he won't let him TALK either.  That's bullsh*t.  Eric can apparently take the heat. 

"The bad blood goes all the way back to a month into Obama’s first term—as the West Wing staff was working 18-hour days to keep the economy from collapsing—when Holder jolted Obama’s team seemingly out of nowhere. Tellingly, the subject was race. Holder informed the White House he planned to deliver a Black History Month speech but never got around to telling Obama’s aides what he would actually say, a habit that would infuriate the White House time and again over the years—and underscore Holder’s special standing in Obama’s world.

“Though this nation has proudly thought of itself as an ethnic melting pot, in things racial we have always been and continue to be, in too many ways, essentially a nation of cowards,” Holder declared to a gathering of Justice Department employees—a bombshell assertion that caused the predictable rage among Obama’s attackers on the right, who accused him of playing the race card.

Obama’s top political aides—white liberals to a man, and they were all men—didn’t necessarily disagree with Holder’s sentiment; they just thought it was a dumb way of saying it and dangerously ill-timed to boot. Obama was ticked off, too, and did nothing to stop his top advisers David Axelrod, Rahm Emanuel, Robert Gibbs and Jim Messina from severely restricting Holder’s public utterances and imposing a ban on Sunday show appearances that stands to this day.

But the president’s anger only went so far, and Holder takes no small satisfaction in outlasting those early rivals. In interviews, many of the officials I spoke with offered a blunt explanation for his bond with Obama: For all the president’s success at breaking barriers, Obama is often the only black person in the room when a major decision is being made—unless Holder, senior adviser Valerie Jarrett or National Security Adviser Susan Rice is present. This isn’t just about skin pigment, and it’s not a phenomenon unique to Obama; all presidents draw close to them people who share common personal experiences and their deepest priorities, people they trust, who provide the elusive “comfort level” they seek in times of extreme stress. John F. Kennedy had his “Irish Mafia,” Ronald Reagan had his California buddies, Bill Clinton surrounded himself with pals from Arkansas."

ragincajin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Good luck Ragin!!Star

Thank you CC.
I almost feel sorry for the yt people on the other side this coming week. As my daughter says, "Drag them Mom!"
Wish I was lending physical support to #Ferguson.
But, I am contractually restricted from doing all sorts of things. All in the name of protecting the image and reputation of the firm. We even have insurance riders with prohibitions.
I understand it, but in times like this, it's hard.
So instead, my husband and I, and all of our friends, open our check books.
We all have children and we all know the game.
What I need to stop doing is wishing heart attacks to them all. But just can't bring myself to do it.

kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

I am really disappointed...

Mike's fundraiser raised U$104k in 6 days
Meanwhile, the murderer's fundraiser raised U$78k in 2 days....

I see a replay of Trayvon Martin's case happening... the murderer's fundraiser will raise millions, he will walk free and black men will continue to be killed... until the next "we had enough" death that will make the police chill for a while with the killing.

Don't worry sexy.  That's not the only fund.  Much has been done for the family directly and people are using personal funds etc to join the protest and support the causes around the protests.  Mike family is in this for the long haul and I think once things settle they will have more than enough to cover expenses. 

This is about Mike Brown but its bigger than him too. 

kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by ragincajin ragincajin wrote:

Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Good luck Ragin!!Star
What I need to stop doing is wishing heart attacks to them all. But just can't bring myself to do it.

No you don'tLOL
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

black women being killed by police?? inform us help us get the word out
Yes! Don't forget about Miriam Carey.  She was unarmed, mentally ill, no where near the White house and shot in her car.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Ragin I think that might be why Holder wants to quit.   Loved this article for discussing some of the office politics.   I had no idea they banned him the speaking!   So Obama won't let him leave but he won't let him TALK either.  That's bullsh*t.  Eric can apparently take the heat.  

And this is the reason, at 132lbs, that I now take blood pressure pills.  Stress is a killer
I am with Holder on this one. 
Surrounded by azzholes with nowhere to run.
And yts HATE to see to blacks together.
I imagine they were jockeying for position or trying to divide those two from day one.

Bastards.

kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 2:47pm
About the guys who was shot in Walmart.  Can find the thread but..

His father and family lawyer met with the prosecutor and viewed the surveillance tapes police were holding from the public.  After the meeting the prosecutor announced he will appoint a special grand jury.  Father said the prosecutor told him you will have justice.  They agreed not to discuss the tapes contents but the lawyer said the viewing confirms this was murder.  Coroner ruled it a homicide as well. 

I hope these mutherfckas are starting to understand we're done with excuses. 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

I am really disappointed...

Mike's fundraiser raised U$104k in 6 days
Meanwhile, the murderer's fundraiser raised U$78k in 2 days....

I see a replay of Trayvon Martin's case happening... the murderer's fundraiser will raise millions, he will walk free and black men will continue to be killed... until the next "we had enough" death that will make the police chill for a while with the killing.

Don't be disappointed at the totals Sexy.
Remember that we, on the average, don't have the economic wherewithal on par with yts.
The important thing is that funds are coming in. 
Trickle or deluge, the money is coming in.
Bless you Sexy.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 316317318319320 598>