BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

18-year old black man killed by police in MO

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 315316317318319 600>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 18 Votes, Average 4.11  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 2:01pm
Previous
Next

Captain Johnson here to meet Eric Holder #Ferguson pic.twitter.com/VW5v9HmHKH

Sponsored Links

Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 2:06pm
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 2:09pm
Wow.  They stole supplies.  SMH.

The police are raiding St. Marks Church in #Ferguson and taking all of the supplies like water & more. This place is a beautiful safe haven.

CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 2:10pm

afrolez:

#BlackWomenAreKilledByLawEnforcementToo @khadastrophic speaks my radical race woman politic
NEVER either/or but ALWAYS both/and

kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 2:15pm

IFWT_TI_Open_Letter

The death of Michael Brown continues to loom in the air and remind many Americans of the treatment received from law enforcement. Celebrities from J. Cole to Nelly have expressed their feelings on being a black man in this society. Now, T.I. pens his emotions on the ordeal.

“America has created a monster,” T.I. writes. “We were brought to this place, unaware of our own cultures, religion and traditions, therefore, we created our own,” he continues. Truth talk.

T.I. Writes:

Look at us … America has created a monster. The result of ignoring & mishandling an already fragile spirited, recently enslaved, presently oppressed race-generation of people. Look at us. We’re the monster that now refuses to be dismissed, overlooked and ignored. We were brought to this place, unaware of our own cultures, religion and traditions, therefore, we created our own. Now look at us.

For years we’ve been crying out for the nation to address the substandard education systems and disparaging treatment of our citizens in communities across America. Our people have had an increasing lack of opportunities for generations. There have been homes broken, lives shattered and futures lost on your watch … unanswered. Look at us. How long can u expect a nation/race/generation of people to be blatantly disrespected? Spoken to and treated with arrogant tones of insignificance. Our fathers, uncles, brothers and role models were killed and imprisoned more often than educated. Now look at us. Our friends and relatives murdered and cast aside without thought, as though your human life is more valuable than ours. How long can that go on without consequence? Now look at us.

How long can u continue to pass the buck and make excuses of why u can’t do today what should have been done yester-year? Although I DO NOT support the negative responses & actions of my people in light of this tragedy … I WILL NOT condone your lack of effort to show any urgency to improve the treatment of our people, nor the living conditions in our communities. Your refusal to address these life altering issues makes events such as these seem inevitable. Although I too am at fault to a degree and I admit that I may not have all da answers… I do have a fun fact for you. Insanity is … Going about things the same way, expecting a different result. U wanna different result? U must take different action. What else do u expect? Look at us!!!

Clifford “T.I.” Harris
Rapper, Actor, CEO, Father

CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 2:17pm
Young POC

baeddelpherneliatakesthesquare:

shereadsbooks:

Please educate yourself about the Black Panthers,  The Brown Berets, and Yellow Peril. Learn more than standardized state educational institutions will teach you. Open your mind.

We shouldn’t leave out the American Indian Movement though.

ragincajin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Ragin its funny for the last two days I've been doing research on Holder and I wasn't aware of how hard he's pushing to make the playing field equal for black.  I wanted to post this article I read on Politico about how he is basically the one who says what Obama is saying behind closed doors.  Axelrod and them wanted him out after that "nation of cowards" speech but no matter who comes at him Obama won't even entertain the idea of him leaving.   They argue behind closed doors about how to address racism but share the same passion about it. 

I'm not sure what he's going to do but these revealing stories about him over the past week have given me hope that this may be the catalyst that let's him off the leash. 

We'll see...

Hi Kfoxx,
 Believe me when I say that I understand being placed in a figurative straight jacket and told to perform at peak level. 
So I know the tightrope that both Obama and Holder have to walk.
And I know that when it comes down to it, blacks are the only ones NOT allowed to cater to their own.
That being said, I hold this against them: Speak to your people. We understand code. Tell us you are with us then do what you have to do.

Every single yt person at my firm knows that coon is nowhere in my DNA.
They're playing the music and I still gotta dance, but I step on their pasty azz toes as often as I can. And they all know it.

kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 2:28pm

Patrick on Ferguson: ‘Sick of unarmed, black men being shot by police’

GREENFIELD — Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick today said he is “sick of unarmed, black men being shot by police” in his first comments since a black teenager was killed by a white police officer in Ferguson, Mo., spurring riots, looting and a heavily militarized response by police.

“I’m sick of it,” Patrick said with a heavy sigh. “I’m sick of unarmed, black men being shot by police. I’m sick of the lawlessness on the streets. I think everyone is just tired of when are we going to get through with this kind of thing.”

Patrick, who made history in 2006 when he was elected the state’s first black governor — at the time, only the second black governor nationwide — said the U.S. faces painful hurdles on race relations.

“ We have a great challenge in this country acknowledging the extraordinary progress we have made on race relations — much of it in my lifetime. And at the same time, acknowledging how much remains to be done,” the governor told reporters, speaking with emotion. “You hear people from time to time who are 100 percent in one or the other of those views, that everything’s been done and nothing remains, or everything remains to be done.

“In fact,” he said, “we’re a lot further along, but there are still issues. There are still sensitivities and there are still things that … benefit from heightened sensitivity and better training.”

Patrick said he has confidence in Attorney General Eric Holder, who traveled to Ferguson today to meet with FBI agents investigating the circumstances of the shooting of Michael Brown, 18, by Officer Darren Wilson.

“I’m hopeful with the attorney general of the United States going out that federal law enforcement will be fully engaged and, I hope, bring to a decision quickly,” he said. “But that’s a really tough mission he’s set out on and I know that from some experience.”

Patrick previously headed the civil rights division of the Department of Justice under President Clinton.

Asked how he would have handled Ferguson differently, the governor said: “Well, I’m glad I don’t have to.”

CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 2:29pm

hershethings:

Again the media won’t this…stay strong brother ✊

sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 2:30pm
I am really disappointed...

Mike's fundraiser raised U$104k in 6 days
Meanwhile, the murderer's fundraiser raised U$78k in 2 days....

I see a replay of Trayvon Martin's case happening... the murderer's fundraiser will raise millions, he will walk free and black men will continue to be killed... until the next "we had enough" death that will make the police chill for a while with the killing.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 315316317318319 600>
  Share Topic