BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

18-year old black man killed by police in MO

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 316317318319320 424>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 18 Votes, Average 4.11  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 10:45am
Ragin its funny for the last two days I've been doing research on Holder and I wasn't aware of how hard he's pushing to make the playing field equal for black.  I wanted to post this article I read on Politico about how he is basically the one who says what Obama is saying behind closed doors.  Axelrod and them wanted him out after that "nation of cowards" speech but no matter who comes at him Obama won't even entertain the idea of him leaving.   They argue behind closed doors about how to address racism but share the same passion about it. 

I'm not sure what he's going to do but these revealing stories about him over the past week have given me hope that this may be the catalyst that let's him off the leash. 

We'll see...

Sponsored Links

kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 10:49am
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

I hope Holder drags them all

He often talks about the disrespect shown to him and POTUS as being unprecedented.  He specifically said its because they're black.

So I think St Louis and Ferguson officials are going to be very disrespectful to him.  He's not scared of them though.  Obama will forgive him if he goes off.  Apparently when his aides complain about Holder handling race issues so bluntly Obama is like "And?"LOL
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 10:54am
What I'm saying is let Obama deal with Iraq and the Israeli-Palestine conflict.  I think he put the right person on the case for now.  

Politicians never do a damn thing about how they do us but I'm trying hard to believe Eric will put a little fear on those fckrs. 

I am very, very happy that he's making a dent in the Prison Industrial Complex by taking away one of their slimiest tricks to support mass incarceration.   I don't even know if black people understand the impact that has.  But anytime the Republicans are furious about something its probably in our favorClap

bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 10:55am
Originally posted by callmeDEva callmeDEva wrote:

today on msnbc they're talking about the large disparity amongst black representation in elected officials and the police force in ferguson.

i wonder how many black people applied for positions within the police department? i think that information would be telling.
why would anyone in that area aspire to be a cop ?
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 10:55am
Ooh I want to make those "land of the free home of the brave" pics into something to put on my wall

I'm so not creative though
trudawg View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote trudawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 11:06am

today on msnbc they're talking about the large disparity amongst black representation in elected officials and the police force in ferguson.

i wonder how many black people applied for positions within the police department? i think that information would be telling.

Its a misconception that black folk do not wish to join the police departments in their respective communities. The fact remains that nearly half of black males have criminal records in this country and 1 in 3 will go to prison in their lifetime. Consequently, many of us (myself included) are ineligible to be considered for employment by law enforcement under many jurisdictional standards.
You think black folk wouldn't want a good job, with benefits and a pension, na its the institutional impediments that have mainly stood in the way of US being able to police US
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 11:20am
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 11:33am
@tru and callme.

Somebody actually interviewed (one of the black state ppl) said that these traffic stops are a way of keeping blacks from those types of jobs.  I wish I could find the clip.
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 11:33am

Originally posted by K_Camille K_Camille wrote:

When we talk about what we can do AFTER the ferguson situation, even now actually, joining local voting efforts for our communities is of extreme importance.

I think the lack of voting by AAs is truly cultural. No one in my family votes aside from the presidential election. But now my state has an awful governor and we all complain about him.

Dialogue about how we can change that for our people on a national level needs to be continually addressed. IA it would make a world of difference.

I agree.  With the bolded, have you tried encouraging your family members to vote?  Since they hate the governor, do you think that could be motivation to get them out to vote at the next election?  I agree with your other post as well.  Personally, I could start with myself and my family members to encourage them to vote at local elections.

No I haven't but I'm seriously going to change that. Joining local voting initiatives is my first step.

I think a lot of my family members feel like it's pointless. I see that defeatist attitude a lot with our people though.
My family votes in the little local elections beause of the small town they're located in (everyone knows/related to everyone). I could do a lot more where I live currently though. I need to look into the local NC elections because this year you need a photo ID card to vote (fcuk you rethugs).

Good luck Ragin!!Star
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 11:35am
Random non serious question...but curious to know...what chips dude was holding in that pic.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 316317318319320 424>