Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
IndianHairCompany.com

18-year old black man killed by police in MO

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 310311312313314 724>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Perfect Hair Collection

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 20 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
K_Camille View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote K_Camille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 7:29am
I'm one of the black people who didn't realize the critical importance of voting locally.  I attribute most of it to lack of awareness.  The only election that was moderately stressed in my family was the presidential election.  Now that I'm older and have greater access to information, there is no excuse.  

I'm curious (for those of you who have stressed the importance of voting locally in this thread) do you try to encourage those in your communities to vote? Is the turnout better in your communities?  And if you do encourage those in your communities to vote, how have you gone about doing so?  What is the response like?
Sponsored Links

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 7:35am
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

the police so desperately want to be military.
bingo!!!!

trudawg View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote trudawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 8:46am
Originally posted by K_Camille K_Camille wrote:

I'm one of the black people who didn't realize the critical importance of voting locally.  I attribute most of it to lack of awareness.  The only election that was moderately stressed in my family was the presidential election.  Now that I'm older and have greater access to information, there is no excuse.  

I'm curious (for those of you who have stressed the importance of voting locally in this thread) do you try to encourage those in your communities to vote? Is the turnout better in your communities?  And if you do encourage those in your communities to vote, how have you gone about doing so?  What is the response like?

Voting locally is absolutely imperative to your well being. As I explain to voters during GOTV efforts, it's the local elections that affect your lives the MOST!
callmeDEva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote callmeDEva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 9:03am
When we talk about what we can do AFTER the ferguson situation, even now actually, joining local voting efforts for our communities is of extreme importance.

I think the lack of voting by AAs is truly cultural. No one in my family votes aside from the presidential election. But now my state has an awful governor and we all complain about him.

Dialogue about how we can change that for our people on a national level needs to be continually addressed. IA it would make a world of difference.
callmeDEva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote callmeDEva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 9:07am
And I think the lack of education in regards to how our government works is apart of the problem. What the positions mean, who has the power to do what. I couldn't even tell you a complete breakdown.

kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 9:24am
This could be repost but sign if you haven't!

Hi!

I just signed the petition "President Barack Obama: Please Enact New Federal Laws to Protect Citizens from Police Violence and Misconduct" on Change.org.

It's important. Will you sign it too? Here's the link:

http://www.change.org/p/president-barack-obama-please-enact-new-federal-laws-to-protect-citizens-from-police-violence-and-misconduct?recruiter=142750245&utm_campaign=signature_receipt&utm_medium=email&utm_source=share_petition

Thanks!
kfoxx1998
CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 9:42am
K_Camille View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K_Camille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 9:46am
Originally posted by callmeDEva callmeDEva wrote:

When we talk about what we can do AFTER the ferguson situation, even now actually, joining local voting efforts for our communities is of extreme importance.

I think the lack of voting by AAs is truly cultural. No one in my family votes aside from the presidential election. But now my state has an awful governor and we all complain about him.

Dialogue about how we can change that for our people on a national level needs to be continually addressed. IA it would make a world of difference.

I agree.  With the bolded, have you tried encouraging your family members to vote?  Since they hate the governor, do you think that could be motivation to get them out to vote at the next election?  I agree with your other post as well.  Personally, I could start with myself and my family members to encourage them to vote at local elections.
CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 9:47am

cognitivedissonance:

Tonight in Ferguson, Mo. Even CNN is calling out police brutality.

We are watching history unfold. Do not stand down. Spread the word.

No justice, no peace.

CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 9:48am

shanellbklyn:

BOOSTS!!!

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Double Leaf Wig
EvaWigs
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon