Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

18-year old black man killed by police in MO

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 198199200201202 602>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 19 Votes, Average 3.95  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2014 at 12:10pm
jay is trying to get reelected
Sponsored Links

kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2014 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by _ConcreteRose_ _ConcreteRose_ wrote:

@nita
That's melissa harris-perry. She has a show on msnbc and is a prof at wake forrest.

A very powerful voice.  I was watching this with my whole heart.  She always makes me cryCry

Melissa Harris-Perry's Searing Tribute To Black Men Killed By Police

The Huffington Post  | By Jack Mirkinson

Posted: Updated:

In a short but powerful segment on Saturday, Melissa Harris-Perry connected the recent police killing of Michael Brown to the deaths of other black men at the hands of police — and to America's history of injustice towards black people.

Harris-Perry read the names of some of the hundreds of men who were killed by police across the country "in the past decade alone," from Sean Bell to Oscar Grant to Eric Garner to Brown. All of the men she mentioned were unarmed at the time of their death.

In the past decade alone, these men and hundreds of others have lost their lives to police.

"From 2006 to 2012 a white police officer killed a black person at least twice a week in this country," she said.

She then noted that Ferguson, where Brown was shot dead, is close to the place from which the slave Dred Scott waged a legal battle for his freedom. She quoted from the notorious Supreme Court case which rejected Scott's claim because, in the infamous words of Chief Justice Roger Taney, he had "no rights which the white man was bound to respect."

Harris-Perry repeated that last phrase over and over again, as images of police in Ferguson flashed behind her.

Edited by kfoxx1998 - Aug 17 2014 at 12:13pm
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2014 at 12:11pm

Edited by Alias_Avi - Aug 17 2014 at 12:13pm
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2014 at 12:12pm
i know the UK can call a special parliament/commons in times of crisis doesnt the senate/congress do the same thing?
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2014 at 12:13pm
creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2014 at 12:15pm
I signed. I want to donate, what's a good, safe link?

I was going to drive there on my day off but my man is complaining, talking about how does that help, we have a kid, and etc...
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2014 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Love him.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2014 at 12:21pm
wheres the rest of that video
browneyez4548 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote browneyez4548 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2014 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by creole booty creole booty wrote:

I was going to drive there on my day off but my man is complaining, talking about how does that help, we have a kid, and etc...

This is for the family. I'm waiting to receive the link for donations for the protestors...

http://www.gofundme.com/justiceformikebrown
callmeDEva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote callmeDEva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2014 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by creole booty creole booty wrote:

fund for the family http://www.gofundme.com/justiceformikebrown

and you can send money via paypal to sadittycooks@gmail.com. she's been making lunches and food for all the protesters there. and posting receipts of the things she buys
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 198199200201202 602>
  Share Topic