BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

18-year old black man killed by police in MO

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 200201202203204 424>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 18 Votes, Average 4.11  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2014 at 11:32am
theres sh*t load he can do

he can deploy the national guard

allow people to peacefully continue their protest without them antagonising or using heavy handed tactics with the public

to allow community activists to help each other even more, there are people who are cleaning up and attending to the sick and delivering food

he can appoint a special prosecutor

he can remove the chief of police from ferguson

theres a sh*t load of things he can do

Edited by afrokock - Aug 17 2014 at 11:32am
Sponsored Links

kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2014 at 11:34am
I'm not sure what I even want Obama to do but I do know that at this point we have some big ass fish to fry.  Dat Brothah at the bottom of the sea as far as I'm concerned.

Everybody who is not a part of this fight needs to sit down and STFU about Ferguson.  Whether you're a Hollywood star or a United States President.  Don't even bother.   I'm looking for fck these crakkas but I'm not gonna get it so...

My expectations of public figures is fixed in 30 years of watching all of them do not a cotdamn thing about a cotdamn thing.  But I have no problem with the long term Obaminators having their fun thoughLOL.  

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2014 at 11:34am
Jesse Williams preachin on CNN right now Embarrassed
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2014 at 11:45am
Originally posted by callmeDEva callmeDEva wrote:

The petition that requires all police to wear body camera is here.
The first petition, which is to make all police in St Louis and Ferguson to wear body camera is here. They have 35k signatures so far, and are requesting 50k.

I wish all blacks in the US would vote... actually, if only a third votes, we already would have millions of signatures.
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2014 at 12:00pm
Yes because you got your ass tore up at your press conference?  Say it wit cho chest!!

Jay Nixon Criticizes Ferguson Police For Releasing Michael Brown Robbery Video

Posted: Updated:
Print Article
JAY NIXON

WASHINGTON -- Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon (D) on Sunday criticized the Ferguson police for releasing a video allegedly showing Michael Brown robbing a convenience store before he was shot and killed.

Ferguson police released the video on Friday, reportedly ignoring a request from the Justice Department not to. Police Chief Thomas Jackson has acknowledged to reporters that the shooting death of Brown last week was not related to the robbery, calling into question why the video was released amid dual investigations by local authorities and the DOJ into the circumstances around Brown's death.

Appearing on ABC's "This Week with George Stephanopoulos," Nixon said he and his staff were unaware that the video was going to be released.

"We certainly were not happy with that being released, especially in the way that it was," Nixon said. "It appeared to cast dispersions on a young man that was gunned down in the street. It made emotions raw."

The governor went on to say that the renewed unrest in Ferguson, the St. Louis suburb where Brown was killed by a police officer, was in part due to the police's decision to make public the details of the robbery. Nixon declared a state of emergency and imposed a curfew Saturday that led to clashes between a small group of protesters and police.

On NBC's "Meet the Press," Nixon reiterated his disapproval of the decision to release the video.

"To attempt to in essence disparage the character of this victim in the middle of a process is not right. It’s just not right," he said. "And secondarily, it did put the community, and quite frankly the region and the nation, on alert again. These are old wounds. These are deep wounds in these communities. And that action was not helpful."

Nixon said he spoke to Ferguson police about the release of the video, but didn't say if there would be any punitive actions taken.

"We’ve had very serious discussions about that action and how much we thought that it was not the right way to handle the victim’s family," Nixon said, adding that he met with Brown's family. "They were deeply troubled, and when you see your son gunned down in the street and then you see a police chief begin an attempt to attack his character, that’s just not the way to operate."

Edited by kfoxx1998 - Aug 17 2014 at 12:01pm
HaitianLuv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote HaitianLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2014 at 12:03pm
obama can do a whole lot if he had some balls. SOOO many white presidents before him publicly supported whites, voted for things that only advance whites, put down blacks and sht wasnt said about it. All that segregation and slavery, mistreatment and abuse that white president before him signed of on.But with Obama he cant even look in the direction of blacks without whites whining about him being biased. They all need to STFU. Now that the president is black these whites want the president to view all americans equally and be treated as such when a few years ago they were perfectly fine with presidents doing things in favor of whites. So yall could miss me with all that "well what do we expect him to do?" BS.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2014 at 12:10pm
jay is trying to get reelected
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2014 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by _ConcreteRose_ _ConcreteRose_ wrote:

@nita
That's melissa harris-perry. She has a show on msnbc and is a prof at wake forrest.

A very powerful voice.  I was watching this with my whole heart.  She always makes me cryCry

Melissa Harris-Perry's Searing Tribute To Black Men Killed By Police

The Huffington Post  | By Jack Mirkinson

Posted: Updated:

In a short but powerful segment on Saturday, Melissa Harris-Perry connected the recent police killing of Michael Brown to the deaths of other black men at the hands of police — and to America's history of injustice towards black people.

Harris-Perry read the names of some of the hundreds of men who were killed by police across the country "in the past decade alone," from Sean Bell to Oscar Grant to Eric Garner to Brown. All of the men she mentioned were unarmed at the time of their death.

In the past decade alone, these men and hundreds of others have lost their lives to police.

"From 2006 to 2012 a white police officer killed a black person at least twice a week in this country," she said.

She then noted that Ferguson, where Brown was shot dead, is close to the place from which the slave Dred Scott waged a legal battle for his freedom. She quoted from the notorious Supreme Court case which rejected Scott's claim because, in the infamous words of Chief Justice Roger Taney, he had "no rights which the white man was bound to respect."

Harris-Perry repeated that last phrase over and over again, as images of police in Ferguson flashed behind her.

Edited by kfoxx1998 - Aug 17 2014 at 12:13pm
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2014 at 12:11pm

Edited by Alias_Avi - Aug 17 2014 at 12:13pm
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2014 at 12:12pm
i know the UK can call a special parliament/commons in times of crisis doesnt the senate/congress do the same thing?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 200201202203204 424>