Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

18-year old black man killed by police in MO

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 470>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 18 Votes, Average 4.11  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2014 at 10:06pm
A friend of minez is among those tweeters
Sponsored Links

LovesHim View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LovesHim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2014 at 10:09pm
We need the media to stay
The police will kill again if they don't
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2014 at 10:14pm
My friend in St. Louis said all the police had on their sirens earlier throughout the day and their presence was crazy

Not sure if he meant just the lights

trying to scare people into staying quiet

Edited by Lite Brite - Aug 11 2014 at 10:15pm
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2014 at 10:18pm
I'm not sure I like the way White so-called "allies" use the term "white privilege"

They're using it like...

ok you guys, we're great and all but let's tone it down a bit to let everyone else catch up because they've had such bad luck and  it's our job as the Great White Hope to fix that...

instead how they should be using it

by the mere virtue of being considered the same "race" as the colonists who wrecked havoc among this native land and the dark peoples of the world, we've inherited the same wealth and opportunities our group has consistently denied the very people who built this land and the people whose land they've built upon. And because the winners write the history, we've had the ability to down play the damage we've historically created without holding ourselves accountable; while, simultaneously, scapegoated the oppressed people for their current state
LovesHim View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LovesHim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2014 at 10:18pm
On my way to work I saw heavy police presence
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2014 at 10:19pm
It's going to be real interesting after noon tomorrow when they release the murderer's name. People are going to have a more specific target then. 
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2014 at 10:20pm
What do you say to a dead cop's wife?  Cops kill my people every day that's life. ~Talib Kweli

Every time there is some unjustice done to my people I make a simple statement like RIP Mike Brown #BareLifeProblems

I use that tag and my friends ask me what it means.  I explain it to them and they can do nothing but swallow hard.  

I had my kids (16, 9 and 7) watch Hidden Colors 3 today.  We had some great discussions as a family.  

The next civil rights movement won't be nearly as civil.  We're done.
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2014 at 10:30pm
just saw some coverage on the story on our local News Channel. this is my first time hearing that they said he assaulted the cop.

So it does look likr they took this time to put together a story.
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2014 at 10:35pm
That rumor has been circulating for a few days now

The other rumor was that he (the cop) was called to the scene b/c apparently Mike was shoplifting

Looks like they are trying to go the George Zimmerman route and paint this young man as a 'thug' who had it out for authority... cuz, you know that would justify shooting him point blank in the head Ermm
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2014 at 10:35pm
Figures.  Did he verbally assault them by screaming for help?  GTFOH  
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 470>
  Share Topic