Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

18-year old black man killed by police in MO

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 537>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 18 Votes, Average 4.11  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 18-year old black man killed by police in MO
    Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 8:11pm
FERGUSON, MO (KTVI) – A shooting in Ferguson has tensions riding high between residents and police in north St. Louis County.

Saturday afternoon a police involved shooting occurred at the Cansfield Green apartment complex in the 2900 block of Canfield.

Police say an officer from the Ferguson Police Department was involved in shooting at the apartment complex that left a teenager dead.

At the request of the Ferguson Police Department the St. Louis County Crimes Against Person Unit is taking over the investigation of the shooting.

Witnesses to the shooting say the person shot was a 17-year-old teenager who was walking in the middle of a street with a friend.

The police officer involved in the shooting has been put on paid administrative leave.

Following the shooting a large crowd of residents from the apartment complex gathered at the crime scene in the middle of the apartment complex. In response to the crowd Ferguson police request additional help for crowd control from St. Louis County Police.

A spokesperson for St. Louis County Police says a perimeter was set-up around the apartment complex after gun fire was heard in the area.

In response to Saturday’s shooting the St. Louis County NAACP has launched an investigation into the events surrounding the death of a man in a police involved shooting in Ferguson. The NAACP has also asked the Federal Bureau of Investigation to intervene in the investigation.

The president of the St. Louis County NAACP Missouri State Representative Ester Haywood released the following statement:

“We are hurt to hear that yet another teenaged boy has been slaughtered by law enforcement especially in light of the recent death of Eric Garner in New York who was killed for selling cigarettes. We plan to do everything within our power to ensure that the Ferguson Police Department as well as the St. Louis County Police Department releases all details pertinent to the shooting. We strongly encourage residents to stay away from the crime scene so that no additional citizens are injured. I have spoken directly with St. Louis County Police Chief Jon Belmar, and I am confident that both he and his department will ensure that the investigation is conducted properly and that all details are kept transparent.”

In another article it says he was 18 and his name was Michael Brown. Most news are focusing on the fact that there was an angry crowd of over 100 "yelling obscenities and shouting 'kill the police'"
Sponsored Links

Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 8:24pm
Sickening
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 8:31pm
http://instagram.com/brittany_noble

There are some videos on her instagram (not of the shooting), but of the mother and witnesses. 
Apparently they sent in SWAT cause there was a "riot".
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 10:32pm
saw on instagram cops were on the scene in riot gear and either AK's or M16's smh. 
lumii18 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote lumii18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 10:48pm
Shooting an unarmed person 10 times makes no damn sense. This is MURDER!
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 10:55pm
My family called . Ferguson use to be red neck land back in the early 80's . The police would follow me until I went to the media back in the early 80's . I see nothing really change . Too many of our people are killed like dogs .

I pray to God everyday for the violence to stop . We need to stop killing our own . I am watching the news . A want to be rapper shot and pistol whip a man inside a liquor store . People continue to shop and step over the shaking man .

I feel like between the Police killing our people and black on black crime we are in serious trouble . I do my best to help when possible. I take teens fishing after a complete background check . I can't describe how happy some kids are to go fishing for the first time .

I understand many members are in school , married , children or working many hours , but please sign up for Big Brother /Sisters . 5 hours a month can change a teens life for the better . JMO .
cvzx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cvzx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 11:00pm
This is horrible, what's being b done to address the police brutality against those they should be protecting
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 5:00am
Of course the officer was put on PAID administrative leave.  They ALL ARE.

So...BHM, how do we organize again?  Who do we write to to ensure that this child gets justice?
nemesis1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nemesis1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 7:48am
Angry Angry Angry
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 8:01am

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 537>
  Share Topic