FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

18-year old black man killed by police in MO

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 430431432433434 798>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 22 Votes, Average 3.73  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
HaitianLuv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HaitianLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2014 at 11:16pm
aw hell. they are gonna let him loose. not enough evidence my foot.
Sponsored Links

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2014 at 1:12am
NYPD: Black Teens Must Stay Out Of Predominantly White Neighborhood Unless Doing Something Productive

Author: Jameson Parker October 1, 2014 1:14 pm

The New York Police Department reportedly told a group of black teenagers that they were not welcome to walk through a predominately white neighborhood unless they could prove that they were being productive members of society.

According to one witness, a group of five or six 16 year olds was ordered to leave the area of Park Slope immediately because the officer assumed they were up to no good. His evidence? They were walking down the sidewalk and not apparently heading to the basketball court. No crime had been witnessed, no report called in. Just kids walking in the “wrong place.”

As DNAinfo reports, a resident named Sara Bennett watched the incident unfold with growing confusion and then anger. According to her testimony at a community meeting, the officer trailed the kids in his squad car before getting on his megaphone and shouting at them to “get out of the neighborhood.”

“I was really really upset and disturbed, not by the kids, but by the way the police were yelling at them to get out of the neighborhood,” Bennett told police at the meeting.

During the meeting, Commanding Officer Captain Frank DiGiacomo defended his officer’s actions, despite admitting he had no knowledge of the incident and didn’t know a single detail about it.

He cited the fact that areas around the city had been experiencing increased crime rates and his officer was probably trying to be preventative. Like with the controversial “stop-and-frisk” laws, DiGiacomo apparently believes that black teens are a demographic almost entirely of would-be criminals and his officers are therefore justified in harassing them with no cause. For him, being “preventative” means hassling black kids, even if there is no evidence that they’ve done anything wrong.

Digging the hole just a little deeper, DiGiacomo went on to explain the rational of hustling these kids out of the neighborhood.

“Most of the crimes that happen in our command are from outside people committing the crimes,” DiGiacuomo said, according to DNAinfo. “If [teens] are not playing basketball, you’re not playing soccer, you’re not doing something productive in the neighborhood, I can see [officers] moving them.”

And how did DiGiacomo know that these kids were from “outside” the area? Because Park Slope is predominately white, of course! According to demographics website City-Data.com, Park Slope is nearly two-thirds white, and a little over 10 percent African American. The officer, not bothering to talk to these kids, assumed that they were outsiders because they didn’t “look” like residents of Park Slope and then further assumed that they were up to no good.

It’s impossible to imagine that cops would behave the same way with a group of white kids. If a police department had a policy that said white kids weren’t allowed to walk down certain streets unless they could prove they weren’t about to rob someone, Fox News would be falling over itself to scream “reverse racism.” The fact that a police captain is so open about this blatantly discriminatory policy should demonstrate just how pervasive the double standards run throughout the NYPD.

The NYPD has come under serious scrutiny in the past few years over many of its policies which reek of racial profiling. The department has continued to promise to enact changes that will address these concerns, but it seems that they just can’t help themselves.

For now, black kids have to assume that even walking down the street will be an invitation for police harassment. That’s a shame. Growing up is hard enough without having to navigate the treacherous waters of racial discrimination at the hands of the law.

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2014 at 2:37am
01/10/2014

Edited by afrokock - Oct 02 2014 at 2:38am
yurika975 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yurika975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2014 at 7:04am
Disgusting that they are going to let the filth off and have already made up their minds.
callmeDEva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote callmeDEva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2014 at 7:27am
I have to mentally prepare myself when I come in here. Guaranteed to read something that's going to piss me off

I've pretty much given up on the grand jury. I wonder what evidence they can legally decide from, as I'm sure some stuff hasn't been deemed admissable.

Still hoping DOJ comes through
HaitianLuv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote HaitianLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2014 at 8:42am
thats why i did what i did during the Trayvon case. I tried to not get emotionally invested because i knew he would be let off.

if anything a no-indictment verdict should make us keep pushing forward. The government probably does this on purpose to discourage us from protest. So that we feel "well the last dozen times protesting did nothing, whats the point now?". Its all a game to make sure blacks stay docile and submissive. So they will continue letting guys off to show us no matter how much we band together and protest its useless. dont let them put out your fire!
CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2014 at 9:33am
Currently attempting to organize people who are going to Ferguson who want to collaborate on lodging/transportation

black-culture:

People will be organized into groups of 4 and will split the cost of hotel and rental car to travel while in STL together. You have to arrange trip to STL yourself

Organizing groups for this weekend and next for the weekend of planned actions in Ferguson.

If you are interested in going. Please inbox me your name, number and email. And I’ll send you more details.

It’s cheap!

bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2014 at 9:44am
They are hoping that no one will want to protest in the Winter (January 7) when  they announce the decision.
CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2014 at 12:34pm

mysoulhasgrowndeep-liketherivers:

thepoliticalfreakshow:

BREAKING: Here’s the tweet that could lead to a new grand jury in Ferguson, MO. 

#Ferguson@shaunking took screenshot of tweeter @thesusannichols who claims to know juror on #MikeBrown #DarrenWilson grand jury & appears to be receiving leaked information. King says that within seconds of posting this, her friends told her to delete it & she did but not before it was screenshotted. She has since deleted her entire account but King says they checked & she is indeed a #STL resident w/ years’ worth of tweets from there. “If true, her tweet not only reveals a leak in the grand jury, but gives us an ugly glimpse into how things have gone so far. This person who posted it on twitter & her contact on the grand jury must be fully & completely investigated & removed if it’s true.”-@shaunking

Y’all better reblog the f*ck outta this post it on facebook, twitter, IG, myspace, friendster, everything get this information out

trudawg View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote trudawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2014 at 12:49pm
On a side note. Voter Registration has skyrocketed in Ferguson MO. This is the only way facilitate sustainable systemic change.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 430431432433434 798>
  Share Topic