Perfect Hair Collection

180% density ?

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
marie67 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 180% density ?
    Posted: May 13 2014 at 11:21am
Hello I have a few questions, what is a good density for fullness for a curly 18" glue-less wig? I'm used to wearing 250-300grams of tracked hair and now want to try the glue-less wigs but I'm not sure how to achieve the same fullness with the wig.   Has anyone ever tried 180% or higher for a curly wig and if so, how did it work out for you? Also, is there really a difference from the so-called virgin hair and the remy hair that most of these wig companies offer or do you feel like it's all the same and they just make more money off of charging you for the so -called virgin?
Sponsored Links

carrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2014 at 1:16pm
I think the hair question depends on your vendor. I personally don't think there's much of a difference between any of it.

As far as density, 180% would scare me unless I knew it was from a place that does good hairlines
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2014 at 1:36pm
180% density will look like a lions head. There's no way you can get a defined part with density so high.
marie67 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2014 at 1:43pm
Ok thanks    I have a glue-less wig now that is 150% and it's not that full IMO,I think the stretch cap has something to do with it. I'm so use to the tracks and the weight that I may have unrealistic expectations when it comes to the wig without looking crazy. since I do wear my hair kinda wild and crazy I never needed a part, but I can see how 180% may be a tad too much especially with curly. Thanks!
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2014 at 3:41pm
I love big curly hair as well, and 130% density from the crown on is about my limit. I get teased for the Chaka Khan, Diana Ross look (in a good way Smile) at that density.

Order a custom with no stretch (make sure to take accurate measurements with your natural hair braided).  
hennared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hennared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2014 at 10:30pm
I used to be the Queen of high density, but I've lightened up a bit in my old age... ;)  But I do think the standards of how much hair you actually *get* in FLW has lessened in recent years... 180% does not buy you as much hair as it used to.  That said, I think 150% is a high as you'd want to go for curly hair. 

And those stretch panels are the worst!  I swear they ventilate half the hair density on the stretch panel as they do everywhere else. 

Edited by hennared - May 13 2014 at 10:33pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply