Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

16 Year Old Rape Victim Mocked on Social Media

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
DixieDarlin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DixieDarlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 16 Year Old Rape Victim Mocked on Social Media
    Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 2:54am

jada.png

A 16-year-old girl named Jada gave KHOU an interview Tuesday night about an alleged rape that went viral on social media.

According to the teen she got raped at a party and then people began talking about it and sharing pictures on social media. Police are still investigating the incident, according to KHOU.

Now, a hashtag and meme mocking her is being used. It's called #jadapose, and some people are posting photos of them lying on the ground like Jada was after she says she was raped.

"There's no point in hiding," she said in the interview. "Everybody has already seen my face and my body, but that's not what I am and who I am."

16-year-old girl says her rape went viral: ‘I’m just angry’

A 16-year-old says she was drugged and raped by people she thought were her friends, and then pictures from that night went viral. view full article

#jadapose pic.twitter.com/CxMo64UsWj

— FBG Trell✨ (@lowkeyitsmoe) July 9, 2014

According to hashtracking.com, #jadapose has been tweeted 89 times since just 2:15 p.m., including retweets. There have been tweets using the hashtag before then, too. This is one of the most popular #jadapose tweets:

#jadapose ! pic.twitter.com/ROSNR9Akgk

— #NoFlyZone (@MyName_JohnJohn) July 9, 2014

And this vine, which includes the picture found in the above tweet, got retweeted even more than the above tweet.

We spoke with the creator of the vine, @FilthyDeee, via Twitter direct messages. He wouldn't speak to us in person, he said, because he was at work. He also wouldn't give us his real name.

He said he decided to post the vine early Tuesday morning, when he "was bored at 1a.m. and decided to wake up my (Twitter timeline)." He said he didn't know Jada personally.

Most of the tweets we found, though, tended to be speaking out against #jadapose, calling it "childish," "pathetic" and further proof of the necessity of the #YesAllWomen hashtag, which spoke out against misogyny and violence against women and went viral in May 2014 after the Isla Vista, California, shootings.

Here's a video of the news reporting... I don't know how to embed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivPmm9p1FTY

Edited by DixieDarlin - Jul 11 2014 at 2:55am
Sponsored Links

DixieDarlin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote DixieDarlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 2:57am
This is beyond disgusting. What is going on with this generation? First it was the Daquan/Dequan memes which were humiliating black men earlier in the week. Now this bs. If you search "jadapose" in the instagram hashtags, you would see guys still thinking that it's funny and using the picture just to get attention.

And the saddest thing about this all is that it's our own people laughing/supporting this crap too.
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 3:37am

people suck

I became a slight misanthrope some time ago

shoot not too long ago they were making postcards of lynchings

I don't expect much from most people

Edited by SamoneLenior - Jul 11 2014 at 3:39am
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 3:41am

my cousin (a guy) posted a meme saying how disgusting it is that people are making fun of her so I know everyone is not sick but I'm sure that meme is not getting as many posts as the sick sad ones
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 3:53am
I've been avoiding this topic on tumblr because I just don't comprehend how people find the humour in this ..

Unfollowed a few fools In the process
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 6:31am
i saw this on fb... i didnt want to read it.
this is horrible..
bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 6:51am
someone contacted one of the alleged rapist on twitter, and then uploaded the conversation the girl had to his youtube. you can listen on here. its more of an explanation of going on in his narrative.

Edited by bunzaveli - Jul 11 2014 at 6:52am
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 8:37am
Ugh I hate kids. 
Glad I ain't see that dumb sh*t on my Twitter. 
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 11:55am
The fuc is wrong with ppl. ... for social media "fame"
Im_oh_so_hott View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Im_oh_so_hott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 12:25pm
Disgusting pieces of sh*t.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>