Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 15 yr old  performed at Obama's inauguration dead
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

15 yr old performed at Obama's inauguration dead

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121314

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Harmonii View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Harmonii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 8:15am
Originally posted by Cream1970 Cream1970 wrote:

Generational teen pregnancy ----> generational public assistance dependency----> this generation of "lost" youth----> generational teen pregnancy---> cycle repeats.

So what can be done to break that cycle other than make one of those things far less appealing?

This teen pregnancy thing didn't become "no big deal" /common place until the 90's.
Your azz would've gotten thrown out the house -eta- or that mofo would've had to marry and provide for you and that baby, so you gave more thought to the repercussions. (reminds me of some threads on BHM on what would u do if your teen daughter got pregnant)

Many young teens don't panic when they get pregnant nowadays, why?

a.Because oft times their mothers (and grandmothers),did the same thing. She's not going to punish her, she's going to throw her a shower and brag about it.

b. They will get funding to support the baby. If they have another one, they will get even more.

So generation after generation of 14-17 yr olds raising kids, with the mindset, decision making of raising kids being done by KIDS, what do you think the end result would be?

Put a bunch of 14-17 yr old boys and girls on an island, come back 50 years later, how do you think the kids there are going to carry themselves? How their decision making skills are?

That's what we are seeing now..And the Public Assistance system encourages/perpetuates this.

"They" knew what they were doing when it was created. Us killing each other, "they" don't have to bother.

"Assistance" my azz.

Sponsored Links

leftywefty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote leftywefty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 11:45am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

society doesn't really want to wipe out poverty

capitalism cannot exist without poverty.
Chi_town75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Chi_town75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 1:06pm
I actually live in this neighborhood and that young lady went to my alma mater. It was heartbreaking to hear that that had happened so closely to my home and to someone so young, who was doing nothing more than her usual routine. 

I couldn't help but cry. It's getting so bad here. I'm fearful because there is no such thing as a "safe neighborhood" here. It's trickling everywhere. There are just so many youth out here who have nothing else better to do and nowhere to turn but to the streets.

It's such a shame and I get so sad every time I hear about it. 
FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 1:29pm
Public assistance programs, created in during the Great Depression (1935-ish), were designed to destroy black folks?

Interesting....
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 8:45pm

Two questioned in Hadiya shooting

By Alexandria Fisher, NBCChicago.com

Police arrested two suspects Sunday morning who are being questioned in the death of slain teen Hadiya Pendleton, officials confirmed with NBC.

The suspects were pulled over early this morning around 67th Street and South Chicago Avenue after detectives canvassed the area around Harsh Park, Chicago police said.

Sources close to the investigation said no charges have been filed and the investigation is ongoing.

The new information comes one day after First Lady Michelle Obama attended the funeral for the 15-year-old, whose death has put Chicago gun violence in the spotlight.

It also follows the announcement of President Obama's plans to address gun violence in the city.

Mayor Rahm Emanuel called the teens mother Cleopatra Pendleton this morning to tell her the news, sources told NBC Chicago.

Reward leading to her killer last stood at $40,000

Spokenword View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spokenword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 8:57pm
i agree with creme and melikey's points. 

india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 8:48pm
The police arrested the Dogs !!

Inauguration performer's killing was case of mistaken identity
By Steve Almasy and Ted Rowlands, CNN
updated 9:31 PM EST, Mon February 11, 2013
Michael Ward, 18, and Kenneth Williams, 20, were charged in the killing of Chicago honor student Hadiya Pendleton.
Michael Ward, 18, and Kenneth Williams, 20, were charged in the killing of Chicago honor student Hadiya Pendleton.
STORY HIGHLIGHTS
  • NEW: Killer was on probation for gun crime, police say
  • NEW: Shootings were a case of mistaken identity in street gang feud
  • Hadiya Pendleton was shot to death a week after she performed in Washington
  • First lady Michelle Obama attended her funeral

Chicago (CNN) -- The teenager who police say shot and killed Chicago honor student Hadiya Pendleton was on probation for unlawful use of a firearm, Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy said Monday night.

Michael Ward, 18, and Kenneth Williams, 20, were each charged with one count of murder and two counts of attempted murder, McCarthy told reporters.

Ward confessed to shooting Hadiya and two others in late January in a case of mistaken identity, McCarthy said.

Police said Ward and Williams were gang members seeking revenge against the people who had shot Williams in July.

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 8:49pm
SMH
dOLLish. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dOLLish. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 8:51pm
SMDH

A young, innocent life taken over simple sh*t.
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by dOLLish. dOLLish. wrote:

SMDH

A young, innocent life taken over simple sh*t.
I wonder if they will seek the Death Penalty ?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121314
  Share Topic