Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

15 year old prays to be adopted in church

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 4.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
shantel75 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote shantel75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2013 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

this makes me so sad.  i know i'll be putting my money where my mouth is and adopting bc of stories like this.  one more personal is within my own family.  my little cousin was adopted from within the family.  her mother is a drug user and her father has his own serious set of issues.  one thanksgiving when she was around 9, we went around the table saying what we're all thankful for...she said she was thankful for her mom adopting her because without her she doesn't know if she would be alive or what her life would be like.  she has the misfortune of seeing her bio mom around the st every now and then so she realizes just how lucky she is.  at that point i knew for sure i would do the same thing for another child.

Thanks for sharing this story. I can definitely relate. Thank God for those families who are willing to take in a child that is not their own. 

I wish I could help this child as I know the feeling of wanting to be apart of a family and be love. My heart goes out to him. I pray the Lord sends him a family that will love him unconditionally and always be there for him.

Cry
Sponsored Links

bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2013 at 9:08pm
There are rare angels that would be willing to help a 15 year old......I had one myself....
MissinCali View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissinCali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2013 at 10:16pm
This article was posted on blacknews.com and it said he had been adopted. I hope that is correct.
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2013 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by EasterBell EasterBell wrote:

This not all the way true.. It depends on the college he chooses to go to because if he maxes out on Pell grants then he will have to depend on the loans.. Now if he had some type of learning disability(like ADD, etc.)or got SSI  the state will take care of his college 100% (I know this because was the case for one of my siblings; they screwed up by not finishing school though).. As far as the EFC thing, that was the case for me and, yet, I had to get student loans..

Also, with the overwhelming exposure his story has gotten, I am guessing this boy will be apdoted by the end of this month..

Actually, it is true. As a ward of the court the EFC will be $0. Most financial aid packages will still include loans, even though they're not supposed to, because fin aid officers and others are not educated on how to treat former foster youth (and other wards) when it comes to fin aid. And most youth don't have anyone to advocate for them.

Anyway, I hope he gets adopted. But the facts are that most teenage foster youth end up homeless or worse (back with the family that abused them, prostituting, or with a partner that abuses them). This one adoption would solve nothing. Which is why I don't advocate for adoption for older foster youth. But that comes from my experience as one and as an advocate and working in the field.
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2013 at 10:33pm
HATE TO BE A DEBBIE DOWNER,, BUT THOUGHT YOU SHOULD KNOW.
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2013 at 10:39pm
I hope he is adopted by someone who will love him, not because they are pitiful of him.
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2013 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

HATE TO BE A DEBBIE DOWNER,, BUT THOUGHT YOU SHOULD KNOW.
LOLDead
NailtechDC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NailtechDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2013 at 5:27am
I want to adopt but I don't know where to start.   I wouldn't mind and older kid either.
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2013 at 8:34am
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

this makes me so sad.  i know i'll be putting my money where my mouth is and adopting bc of stories like this.  one more personal is within my own family.  my little cousin was adopted from within the family.  her mother is a drug user and her father has his own serious set of issues.  one thanksgiving when she was around 9, we went around the table saying what we're all thankful for...she said she was thankful for her mom adopting her because without her she doesn't know if she would be alive or what her life would be like.  she has the misfortune of seeing her bio mom around the st every now and then so she realizes just how lucky she is.  at that point i knew for sure i would do the same thing for another child.
Me too. I feel bad that I can't do much now, But I'll def be adopting the kids that no one seems to want if I have the means.
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 8:17am

Davion Only Out of Foster Home Months After Adoption Plea Went Viral

By Michele Corriston

07/04/2014 at 12:15 PM EDT

Davion Only Out of Foster Home Months After Adoption Plea Went Viral
Davion Only
Melissa Lyttle/Tampa Bay Times/ZUMA
The Florida teen whose plea to be adopted went viral is no longer living with the foster family that promised to take him in, according to the Tampa Bay Times.

Davion Only, 16, made headlines in October after he was videotaped begging for a loving home during a church service in St. Petersburg, Florida. After being born to a mother in jail, Davion was shuttled between foster families, ending up in a group house with 12 other boys because of his anger issues.

"My name is Davion and I've been in foster care since I was born," he told the congregation. "I know God hasn't given up on me. So I'm not giving up either."

His prayers seemed to be answered as his story received national attention, with more than 10,000 people offering to give him a home.

Davion flew to Ohio to live with – and hopefully be adopted by – a minister in March. But just months later, he's back in the Florida system after getting into a physical fight with the man and another child, the Times reports.

Lorita Shirley, director of Tampa Bay's foster agency Eckerd, called the heartbreaking turn of events "a major setback" for Davion.

"When he is ready, we will continue down the list of people who have expressed interest in him," she told the paper. "Now, we might be looking at empty-nesters, people who raised teenagers but don't have any other kids in their house. That might be the best match for him.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic