Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

15 year old prays to be adopted in church

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 4.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2013 at 10:00pm
He may as well go ahead and let that dream go. Focus on getting the hell out of there and into college and being awesome at life.
Sponsored Links

noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2013 at 10:11pm
someone will adopt him. 

i worked with this dude recently who told me about grants for people who want to adopt. i've already started skimming some of the websites but i'll be looking into going through with the process very soon. its kinda scary but i think i'm ready. 
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2013 at 1:15am
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

He may as well go ahead and let that dream go. Focus on getting the hell out of there and into college and being awesome at life.

why?
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2013 at 3:35am
GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2013 at 3:43am
I tried not to let the tears roll down my face...

Mission:failed

This breaks my heart. I wish I was in a position to adopt.
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2013 at 4:53am
'If you can, reach out and get me and love me until I die': Orphan Davion, 15, who made church plea for a family after a lifetime in care is overwhelmed after hundreds of calls to his Florida foster home

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2465385/Orphan-Davion-Only-pictured-2005-looking-family-foster-care.html#ixzz2i48wRJUv 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2013 at 8:54am
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

why?

He's a black male teenager, he's not getting adopted. Granted this little publicity stunt may help, but frankly it's been done before and most foster kids his age stay in foster care until they're put out on the street.

At this point it's better for him to stay in care anyway. As a ward of the court his EFC (estimated family contribution) is $0 so his college will be taken care of. Adoption would screw that up.

If you really want to help youth in this type of situation, you need to be looking at your local foster care legislation and voting on initiatives that allow all youth in foster care a better chance at a successful life. An adoption here and there doesn't help.
Chyna_Li View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chyna_Li Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2013 at 9:04am
HEARTWRENCHING
EasterBell View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote EasterBell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2013 at 9:13am

Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

why?

He's a black male teenager, he's not getting adopted. Granted this little publicity stunt may help, but frankly it's been done before and most foster kids his age stay in foster care until they're put out on the street.

At this point it's better for him to stay in care anyway. As a ward of the court his EFC (estimated family contribution) is $0 so his college will be taken care of. Adoption would screw that up.

If you really want to help youth in this type of situation, you need to be looking at your local foster care legislation and voting on initiatives that allow all youth in foster care a better chance at a successful life. An adoption here and there doesn't help.
This not all the way true.. It depends on the college he chooses to go to because if he maxes out on Pell grants then he will have to depend on the loans.. Now if he had some type of learning disability(like ADD, etc.)or got SSI  the state will take care of his college 100% (I know this because was the case for one of my siblings; they screwed up by not finishing school though).. As far as the EFC thing, that was the case for me and, yet, I had to get student loans..

Also, with the overwhelming exposure his story has gotten, I am guessing this boy will be apdoted by the end of this month..

Edited by EasterBell - Oct 18 2013 at 9:21am
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2013 at 8:30pm
this makes me so sad.  i know i'll be putting my money where my mouth is and adopting bc of stories like this.  one more personal is within my own family.  my little cousin was adopted from within the family.  her mother is a drug user and her father has his own serious set of issues.  one thanksgiving when she was around 9, we went around the table saying what we're all thankful for...she said she was thankful for her mom adopting her because without her she doesn't know if she would be alive or what her life would be like.  she has the misfortune of seeing her bio mom around the st every now and then so she realizes just how lucky she is.  at that point i knew for sure i would do the same thing for another child.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic