BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

15 year old prays to be adopted in church

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 4.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 15 year old prays to be adopted in church
    Posted: Oct 17 2013 at 1:42am

'Old or young, dad or mom, black, white, purple. I'll take anyone': Teenage orphan who has spent a lifetime in foster care stands up in church to ask if anyone will adopt him

• Davion Navar Henry Only told worshippers at Florida's St. Mark Missionary Baptist Church that he would 'be really appreciative' of being adopted
  • The 15-year-old found out in June that his biological mother, who gave birth to him in prison, had passed away
  • Davion has lost 40lb over the summer and been working hard in school - achieving A grades in almost all of his subjects

By LOUISE BOYLE

PUBLISHED: 15:44 EST, 16 October 2013 UPDATED: 16:59 EST, 16 October 2013

•  
  •  
  •  
292 shares

View 
comments

A 15-year-old orphan, who has been bounced around the foster care system his entire life, stood in front of a church congregation last month and made a simple plea - for someone to be his family.

Davion Navar Henry Only nervously stood before worshippers at Florida's St. Mark Missionary Baptist Church and said: 'My name is Davion and I've been in foster care since I was born... I know God hasn't given up on me. So I'm not giving up either.

'I'll take anyone. Old or young, dad or mom, black, white, purple. I don't care. And I would be really appreciative. The best I could be.'

Davion Navar Henry Only told worshippers at Floridas St. Mark Missionary Baptist Church:

Davion Navar Henry Only told worshippers at Florida's St. Mark Missionary Baptist Church:

Davion Only, 15, gets some last-minute help with his tie from his case worker Connie Going before nervously making his speech before the congregation

Davion Only, 15, gets some last-minute help with his tie from his case worker Connie Going before nervously making his speech before the congregation

Davion spoke quietly in front of the full pews wearing an over-sized, donated suit that had come from his latest foster home.

The boy was born while his mother was in jail and has spent his entire childhood in countless foster homes.  

It was his idea to approach the St Petersburg church to find his own adoptive parents and take control of his future. In three years time when he turns 18, he is aware that he will be on his own. 

He told his caseworker Connie Going that he knows his adoptive parents are out there somewhere. 

In June, Davion had come to terms with the death of his mother after he used his birth certificate to search for her for the first time. 

He found her mugshot from her arrests for petty theft and cocaine. And then he found her obituary. 

La-Dwina Ilene 'Big Dust' McCloud had died aged 55 in Clearwater, Florida just weeks before. 

The 15-year-old had spent the past few years at Carlton Manor residential group home in Eckerd, living with 12 other teenage boys, all suffering their own problems.

Looking for a family: 15-year-old Davion spoke to the church congregation about how badly he wanted a family to care about him

Looking for a family: 15-year-old Davion spoke to the church congregation about how badly he wanted a family to care about him

He longs to play football but has no one to take him to practice; to be able to use the bathroom without someone unlocking a door. He would like the light left on when he sleeps. 

Davion's portrait is one of many in the Heart Gallery - an organization which helps children in foster care find moms and dads. 

However, the teenager has had behavioral problems - struggling with his own anger at the circumstances in which he finds himself. 

Dealing with his mother's death has led Davion to believe that he doesn't want to be angry anymore - he wants to discover a better life. 

Davion Only, 15, left, to spend some quality time talking one-on-one with his mentor, Richard Prince, 22. He is hoping to find a family after a lifetime in foster care

Davion Only, 15, left, to spend some quality time talking one-on-one with his mentor, Richard Prince, 22. He is hoping to find a family after a lifetime in foster care

He has spent the summer studying hard in 10th grade - achieving As in all but one subject - geometry. He has lost 40lb and tries to let go of his anger. 

Davion also has support from his mentor Richard Prince, 22. The two got paired up through the One Church One Child program and usually go to a park to play basketball or talk.

Floyd Watkins, program manager at Davion's group home, told Naplesnews: ''He's come a long way. He's starting to put himself out there, which is hard when you've been rejected so many times.'

The newspaper reported that as of this week, two couples had made inquiries about Davion but he is still in the foster care system.  

For more information about the teenager or the other foster children in the area, call Eckerd (866) 233-0790.

Read more:

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2463498/Orphan-Davion-Only-goes-church-asks-adopt-him.html#ixzz2hxWHr5t3 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Sponsored Links

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2013 at 1:46am
Cry
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2013 at 1:47am
Broken HeartCry @ his story. Bless his heart and I hope a couple from the church steps up to the plate and takes him in as their own.

I have more to say but imma stop because it's late.
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2013 at 1:50am
Oh my God, I went on that Foster Child website... my heart Broken Heart
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2013 at 2:18am
CryCry so sad

Bless him and the family that will adopt him
HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2013 at 2:44am
*deep sighs* so many babies that just want love. my heart always breaks for the older ones
Soratachi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soratachi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2013 at 6:27am

I'm in tears, can't BHM unite in order to find some older member to adopt him. I am too young and also not a US citizien.

Anyone?
Spokenword View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Spokenword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2013 at 6:54am
This is exactly why, when I get a few more things established in life, I want to take and adopt a house full of kids who are "hard to adopt'...especially the teens.

I hope and pray that someone will adopt him. and for him to go to the church to ask...  i have much more to say on this matter, but i'll just leave it at that. 

Lord, i know you will have your way with this, and i know that at least one of the couples who inquired will be the right home for Davion. 

In HIS name I pray, amen.

Bless this young man and the family that will adopt him.

Edited by Spokenword - Oct 17 2013 at 6:57am
herwoman View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote herwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2013 at 7:05am
I feel so selfish after reading this, it just broke my heart.
Cocoa View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cocoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2013 at 9:41am
OMG!  
Iv never cried in public.... but reading this has me fighting back tears...Cry

Edited by Cocoa - Oct 17 2013 at 9:42am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake