Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

13 Year Old Atheist Kicked Out By Parents

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ragincajin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

As for this situation, putting your child out for not believing in the same thing as you isn't very Christian like.  At 13, this child might be very serious in their belief and they might not be.  I find it extremely hypocritical, as even Christians are atheist when it comes to the 2,000 other gods they could have chosen to worship, yet rejected.   They are just one god away from complete atheism, themselves.

Sorry but that's not exactly accurate.
Atheist don't believe in God, or gods, at all.
Christians believe in the one true God; hence they've not rejected the false ones.

Edited by ragincajin - Jan 09 2014 at 5:49pm
Sponsored Links

TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by ragincajin ragincajin wrote:

As for this situation, putting your child out for not believing in the same thing as you isn't very Christian like.  At 13, this child might be very serious in their belief and they might not be.  I find it extremely hypocritical, as even Christians are atheist when it comes to the 2,000 other gods they could have chosen to worship, yet rejected.   They are just one god away from complete atheism, themselves.

Sorry but that's not exactly accurate.
Atheist don't believe in God, or gods, at all.
Christians believe in the one true God; hence they've not rejected the false ones.

Which gods are false?  How is the Christian god "the one true god"?  Truth is subjective.  If you were born in India, you would believe Hindu gods were the "true gods." 
ragincajin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 11:36pm

[QUOTE=TokyoRose]

as even Christians are atheist when it comes to the 2,000 other gods they could have chosen to worship, yet rejected.   They are just one god away from complete atheism, themselves.

Which gods are false?  How is the Christian god "the one true god"?  Truth is subjective.  If you were born in India, you would believe Hindu gods were the "true gods." 

Truth is never subjective.
It's the slanting of the truth that is subjective.

Takeaway lesson is that an a-the-ist believes in no gods at all.

a·the·ist [ áythee ist ]

1.unbeliever in God or deities: somebody who does not believe in God or deities

Synonyms: nonbeliever · disbeliever · unbeliever · skeptic · doubter · agnostic

Edited by ragincajin - Jan 09 2014 at 11:38pm
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2014 at 11:59am

[QUOTE=TokyoRose]

as even Christians are atheist when it comes to the 2,000 other gods they could have chosen to worship, yet rejected.   They are just one god away from complete atheism, themselves.

Truth is never subjective.
It's the slanting of the truth that is subjective.

Takeaway lesson is that an a-the-ist believes in no gods at all.

a·the·ist [ áythee ist ]

1.unbeliever in God or deities: somebody who does not believe in God or deities

Synonyms: nonbeliever · disbeliever · unbeliever · skeptic · doubter · agnostic

Yeah, these definitions aren't all quite the same and I seriously doubt Webster has enough space to do a proper analysis.  You, for example, as a Christian, are skeptical about the claim that Thor is a real god.  You probably also doubt that Isis existed.  You disbelieve that Buddhism is the real religion everyone should be following.  Just as there are many kinds of belief, there are many kinds of atheism and no two atheists will have the same view points. 

theism= belief in a deity
gnostism= knowledge that a deity does (or does NOT) exist
atheism= ABSENCE of a belief in a deity
agnostism= no knowledge that a deity does ( or does not) exist

Really, two of these opposing terms deal with belief and two of them deal with knowledge, so it would be more accurate to discuss this topic with a combination of the two.

When it comes to religion, what "truth" is is totally subjective.  (I think you are confusing truth with fact, tbh.)  You claim to worship "the one true god."  Well, if you traveled to India and discussed it with a person who practices Hindu, your "truth" would not be truth to that person.  Even among believers of the Abrahamic god, there is a vast difference in HOW to worship that god.  If you go to Thailand, they will tell you that Buddha is the one true deity.  If you were born and raised in Japan, you would most likely not believe there was any deity watching over you and making judgments about your life.  Religion is more so a cultural phenomenon in which gives a person a basic framework for which they can understand the world, death and beyond and their position in it all. 

Agnostic theists more commonly tend to take the position of a Pascal's Wager.  They aren't sure if a deity exists, but they will believe because, well, they don't want to find out what happens if they don't.

At the end of the day, a Christian can no more establish their god as a "true" god than a Hindu, Buddhist, Muslim, believer in Rah, Thor, Amaterasu, or any other religion can because you have to have faith in your truth.  There is really no way that you can prove that one god is truer than another.  There is no way that a Muslim's prayers WEREN'T answered by Zeus.  (Unless you start getting to the point where you say, all gods are the same--meaning all gods are MY god--then that just gets to the point of sheer arrogance.)

For whatever their reasons may be, whether it be based on faith or fear, most Christians tend to fall into the gnostic theist category.  They will not have doubts about the possibility that their god exists, even if provided proof to the contrary.

Atheists operate a bit differently--and I think this is the most confusing thing for Christian believers to understand about atheists.  Most atheists will fall into the category of agnostic atheist.  Their fundamental position is, "It is highly unlikely that any deity exists, however, if I am provided proof of existence of a deity, I will change my position."  Or to put it in simpler terms, "I can't be 100% sure that a flying teapot doesn't orbit the Earth, but if I am provided proof of such a phenomenon, I will accept it."  I have met very few gnostic atheists.

Edited by TokyoRose - Jan 10 2014 at 12:00pm
iliveforbhm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2014 at 2:11pm

If you cannot prove your deity without scientific analysis than your claims cannot be backed, we are just taking your word for it or a subjective(personal) not  objective factual evidence.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic