Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

$125,000 Falls From Truck, Man Returns It...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>

Author
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: $125,000 Falls From Truck, Man Returns It...
    Posted: May 31 2014 at 2:53pm
http://gawker.com/brinks-truck-accidentally-drops-125-000-in-front-of-an-1583628159

Brinks Truck Accidentally Drops $125,000 in Front of an Honest Man

Brinks Truck Accidentally Drops $125,000 in Front of an Honest ManSEXPAND

A poor but honest California man did the honorable thing when he found a bag filled with hundreds of thousands of dollars because he wanted to make his family proud of him.

Joe Cornell, who told reporters he often has only $1 a day to spend on lunch, was volunteering at the Salvation Army when a bag filled with money flew off a Brinks security truck and landed on the street in front of him.

Rather than keep the money, Cornell says he turned it over to authorities because he wanted his grandkids to be proud of him.

"I thought 'What type of man do I want my grandkids to think I am?'," says Cornell, "I want them to think I'm a just man that does the right thing and I did the right thing."

According to KMPH:

When Cornell's wife found out what happened she burst into tears. She says that she's so proud of him for giving the money back, especially because they are so poor.

Cornell reportedly did not receive a reward for returning the cash.

UPDATE: Brinks reportedly gave Cornell a $5,000 reward and also plans to make a $5,000 donation to the Salvation Army in Cornell's name.

Sponsored Links

bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 2:54pm
them crackers aint gonna miss it, he should of kept it.
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 3:04pm
Gave it back?

Katrenia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Katrenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 3:14pm
Some would have thanked the Lord, paid tithe and kept it pushin. 
SOME would. Big smile
keelolo1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote keelolo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 3:16pm
Gave it back? Milk $4 a gallon. Buuuuuull sh!t. 
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 3:19pm
well if it was a random truck then well yes leave it where it lay because certain money is hard to run with 

But a brinks truck?
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 3:21pm
Could you be charged for keeping found money? Similar to bank mistakes?

As sanctimonious and holy as we'd like to be, let's hear the cons of keeping it lol 
thewonderfulwa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thewonderfulwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 3:22pm
Katrenia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Katrenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 3:25pm
We will never know how many people find brinks $$ and keep it because they don't make the unreturned $$ public.
I'm sure many brinks finds weren't returned.
Marcelo22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Marcelo22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 3:34pm
I see why he is so poor
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic