Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 12 yr old disabled girl detained by TSA for an hr
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

12 yr old disabled girl detained by TSA for an hr

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 12 yr old disabled girl detained by TSA for an hr
    Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 1:58am

Why such a waste of time on b.s. like this at the airport...

TSA Refuses To Allow Mom To ComfortSobbing Disabled 12-Year-Old, Detain TheGirl For An Hour

A disabled 12-year-old girl was left in floods of tears when TSA agents detained her for nearly an hour at a Texas airport after they discovered what they thought was explosives residue on her hands, radaronline is reporting.

Shelbi Walser was traveling to Florida with her mom, Tammy Daniels, to seek treatment for a brittle bone disorder when officials detained her at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport.

However, rather than proof of the little girl being the next great terrorist mastermind, Shelbi's mom revealed the mystery substance was likely to have transferred to her daughter's hands from her wheelchair as she pushed it.

"There were people saying, 'Really? You're going to do this to her? Y'all have to take her somewhere private where she's not out in the public and everyone can see her,'" Shelbi told Fox in Fort Worth. "It was frightening. I kinda got mad."

In a video shot on December 8, TSA agents are captured detaining the poor weeping child in front of hundreds of travelers, and seen refusing to allow her mother to get close enough to comfort her.

"It's okay, you didn't do anything wrong, we're going to get you on your way," an agent is overheard telling Shelbi as she cries into her hands.

Shelbi believes that a simple check of her wheelchair could have prevented the incident.

"It could have come off fertilizer, because we have chickens," she told WFAA. "It could have just come off the ground, because I roll through everything."

Meanwhile, Shelbi's mother is furious over the way her daughter was treated.

"I am by no means undermining our safety in the air," she said. "After 9/11, by no means am I doing that. But when it comes to children, common sense is not in a textbook."

Despite the complaints, TSA has defended the incident, insisting the officers were just doing their jobs.

"We are sensitive to the concerns of passengers who were not satisfied with their screening experience and we invite those individuals to provide feedback to TSA through a variety of channels," it said in a statement.

"We work to balance those concerns with the very real threat that our adversaries will attempt to use explosives to carry out attacks on planes."

Sponsored Links

femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 2:09am
They have to do these things, though. I don't understand all the complaining. Do people want another 9/11 on our hands???

You can say they should've used common sense in this case, but you really never know.
MizzAmirah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MizzAmirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 2:15am
Originally posted by femmemichelle femmemichelle wrote:

They have to do these things, though. I don't understand all the complaining. Do people want another 9/11 on our hands???

You can say they should've used common sense in this case, but you really never know.

Sad for the kid, but I ain't mad at 'em.
You see all kinds of crazy mess these days
miana79 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miana79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 2:19am
I do feel bad for her but rules are rules
TayTay View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote TayTay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 2:30am
terrible.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 2:42am
911 happened for several reasons... yes I agree with security on flights but tsa is bullshyt sometimes. While they claim they wanna do thorough jobs I have gotten several things on board that are prohibited. They claim they don't want to profile but it's bs if anyone thinks they don't profile.
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 2:45am
TSA is a waste of money.
There really isn't much dispute of that.
So much inefficiency .

It's laughable.
No it really doesn't make us much safer
That's something both parties agree on

Edited by jonesable - Dec 16 2012 at 2:47am
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 2:49am
yes detain that lil jihadist

0 fux given!
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 4:23am
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

TSA is a waste of money.
There really isn't much dispute of that.
So much inefficiency .

It's laughable.
No it really doesn't make us much safer
That's something both parties agree on

the video says they tested her person and the carry-on's...not even the wheelchair!!  $$ well spent.
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 4:49am
rules are rules but folks still managed to get on planes with..and have they ever caught...you know what nevermind.

they would not have been able to keep me from my child. idiots...they never even checked the chair...omgosh.. lol reminds me of last time i was flying and they said they didnt check childrens shoes...but since my daughter had boots with zippers they totally had to check those.Ermm im like do you not see all the zippers goin through this airport..
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>