BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

12 Years A Slave...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16171819>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
iGotSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iGotSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2013 at 9:43am
Amazing movie. 
I never want to watch it again tho. 
Patsy was so beautiful. 
I wouldn't mind reading her story
Sponsored Links

kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2013 at 9:56am
Well we gotta remember yts will be horribly shocked because they think slavery was inappropriate, not bad.  They think it was a benevolent white savior helping the African slaves overcome their deficiencies through tender affection and unselfish love.  It wasn't their fault black people were lazy, unintelligent and naturally violent Dead.
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2013 at 10:11am
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

I obviously didn't like the attitude Solomon held towards the women slaves but I'm glad it was written that way because it speaks to the truth of our reality instead of hitting false notes just to make us feel better.

The review I read talked about how Solomon was on some serious self preservation but you are so right it is realistic even though its really fckd up.   Aint no way to feel better about any of it and I hate when slavery/racism movies use fake "happy moments" to try and tamper the reality of despair and heartbreak.  The over the top triumph approach to Django seemed less insulting somehow.  

Yeah I'm def not going to see this movieCry 
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2013 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by iGotSunshine iGotSunshine wrote:

Amazing movie. 
Patsy was so beautiful. 

lol I've heard quite a few people say it's the best movie they'll never watch again.
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2013 at 3:40pm

yeah I'm not watching it again
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2013 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

I obviously didn't like the attitude Solomon held towards the women slaves but I'm glad it was written that way because it speaks to the truth of our reality instead of hitting false notes just to make us feel better.

Yeah I'm def not going to see this movieCry 

If you've seen The Color Purple....you can sit through this. 
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2013 at 5:10pm
I have a link to the movie if anyone is interested...
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2013 at 5:24pm

JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2013 at 5:42pm

Originally posted by iGotSunshine iGotSunshine wrote:

Amazing movie. 
Patsy was so beautiful. 

lol I've heard quite a few people say it's the best movie they'll never watch again.

They are right. Honestly, there is no need to inflict this upon yourself twice. Once is plenty enough. This movie is very good, yet very depressing.
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2013 at 5:45pm
As for the photo shoot, since I saw him naked from the back in the movie, I can't think of Chiwetel as being glamorous. He has hairs on his butt . Very talented actor, but that shot was off-putting, lol
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16171819>