Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

11-yr-old flees Yemen to avoid forced marriage

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2013 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

against her

I hope not because she's genuinely afraid, justifiably afraid, she's seen the reality other girls didn't survive

They, the adults, must understand on some level

OIC.  then yes...I hope there is not too much of a backlash against her.   I believe some women might remember and even understand but what they gone do?  What can they do?  I believe tho for the most part that men and fathers give no fuccs.   Especially since when they married their mother she was most likely a child as well.
Sponsored Links

DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2013 at 8:02pm
aaawwww come to me sweetie i will take care of youCryCryCry

she is too cute. this is truly sad..don't the parents receive some sort of payment by doing this? 

this little girl can truly stand her ground...extremely well spoken and very intelligent..
Ladycoils View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ladycoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2013 at 9:17pm
This is sad. I hope that her uncle is on the up and up.
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2013 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by Omni Harmony Omni Harmony wrote:

I hate cultures/countries like this  The way they treat women & children is heartbreaking and disgusting

It's situations like these that help remind me of the power of culture and hopefully allow me to be more compassionate. I couldn't imagine a grown person even being attracted to a child in that manner...it just seems to go against anything natural. But that's just how strong culture is.

Reminds me that at the same time when I look at black people and some of our negative cultural attributes I need to be more understanding because culture is such a strong influence. It can make you do things that are so unnatural and so ridiculous.
Prazol60 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2013 at 5:09am
Sad, so sad. Every year girls disappear here in the summer. This year they decided to do something about it. There are also safe houses so girls can runaway to a safe place to avoid forced marriage.
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2013 at 6:40am
Yes, this is heart breaking. Really - such a beautiful child. I cannot imagine the brutality of some guy she is married off to .. raping and beating her again and again .. and yes even female members of her new household will beat her because that's what happened to them when they got married.
In many parts of the Middle East, India etc women douse themselves with gasoline and set themselves afire.Very, very common.

Her life is DEFINITELY in danger. Definitely. Her family has already made an arrangement with some old dude who will pay  x amount fopr her so if she runs away .. this brings 'dishonor' upon the family.

The only way to get their honor back is to kill this child. Kill. Make no mistake. Kill.

It has to be done so she needs to RUN like hell.

And yes, here in Europe girls from these cultures move here and get 'dissappeared' when they refuse to get married or they get send back to their home counties ... again, they are paid for.

A horrible life - which is why a lot of girls kill themselves.
SweetNovember* View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2013 at 6:52am
Awwwww I want her! Cry How could anyone mistreat this child? I don't trust the uncle either. I want her adopted by someone in another country where she is safe from those sick people.
Prazol60 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2013 at 7:10am
Yeah, I don't trust the uncle. Her own mother *smh*
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2013 at 9:41am
Children have it bad.  Their life depends on adults and adults are often unfit to run their own lives much less that of a child.  In many ways it is the fate of all children.  Amazing so many make it to adulthood. 
DamiaRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamiaRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2013 at 12:59pm
My heart aches for her and all the children who are subjected to this type of insanity. May karma bless her for the rest of her life and I hope to hear about her professional strides and achievements in the future. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic