Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 10 Reasons Why 2013 Will Be The Year You Quit Your
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

10 Reasons Why 2013 Will Be The Year You Quit Your

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

the one nic.ca i know who tried to work for himself under several different enterprises
now lives with his momma with his wife and 2 kids
she refuses to work
i wanted to make a thread
but got lazy

anyway--uhm...yeah. good luck and best wishes to you

That means he isn't good with managing a business. Or money.
It doesn't mean others can't do it.
My dog's vet is black and he has a business for over 30 years. He bought someone's else vet practice with a partner, then the partner retired or they went separate ways but he kept the practice and is doing well.

He has in one of the examination rooms an article from a newspaper that interviewed him 10 years ago or so, and he told the reporter that to keep his business he not only need to give outstanding care to the animal but he has to offer good customer service to the owner.

It's easy to open a business (as long as you have money of course). Anyone is an entrepreneur. But few know how to give good customer service.
How many times have you been to a store where the people didn't care to help you with anything, didn't smile and couldn't even greet you when you walked in?
Sponsored Links

lovelife View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote lovelife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 10:40pm
i think most people should have a job and when they get enough money, give their money a job too.
that's what i plan on doing...
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

the one nic.ca i know who tried to work for himself under several different enterprises
now lives with his momma with his wife and 2 kids
she refuses to work
i wanted to make a thread
but got lazy

anyway--uhm...yeah. good luck and best wishes to you

That means he isn't good with managing a business. Or money.
It doesn't mean others can't do it.

It's easy to open a business (as long as you have money of course). Anyone is an entrepreneur. ?

i didn't say others couldn't do it. i said it's not for everyone. the red in your post are some of the reasons why it aint for everyone IMO.
StylingArabella View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote StylingArabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 12:50am
I think most people have the passion to start their own business, however very few have the education, busy savvy, and drive to do so.
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

only starting my own business if I have the money to fail

I think that's what most people do...

not everyone
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Originally posted by OoDles O OoDles O wrote:

I understand what the article is stipulating might not be immediately realistic for some of us.... but maybe you can instill this thought process into the next generation. I know thats what I would do if I was interested in procreating.

A friend of minds told me the difference between going to and Ivy League school and a Big 10 school is that when you go to a Big 10 school, you go their to start a business. When you go to an Ivy League school, you go their to start an industry.

so maybe its not realistic for some of us as much as we would like, but its possible that it can be for the next batch of BHM juniors. 

The next generation is going to be just as disillusioned with this whole "everyone can be a location independent world traveling entreprenurial freelancing hipster" movement as we are with the "get good grades so you can go to college and just get some loans and it'll all be worth it because you'll get a job" movement. They're both unsustainable.

But it won't really matter because honestly the gap between the richest and the poorest  is now a chasm and the next generation will literally be slaving and/or standing on bread lines...and that's if they're lucky.

sad and true
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by OoDles O OoDles O wrote:

always good to hear from an optimistic bunch.

LOLLOLLOLLOL
OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 8:01am
Damn... just took the advice from the opening post. lol

2013!!! here I come...

haha!!!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake