Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

10 Most Polluted Cities In the U.S.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 10 Most Polluted Cities In the U.S.
    Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 5:14pm

These Are the 10 Most Polluted Cities In the U.S.

A view of the Hollywood Hills with smog and fog
Universal / Getty Images

Spoiler alert: the top 5 are in California

The American Lung Association has released its annual State of the Air report, which details the levels of air quality in cities by examining ozone and particle pollution across the nation.

As you might have guessed, things aren’t great. Nearly half of Americans live in areas with dangerous levels of air pollution. And in California, nearly 3 out of 4 residents live in polluted cities. Still, the report says, thanks to the Clean Air Act the overall air quality is much better than it was a decade ago.

As of this year, here are the top 10 cities with the worst ozone pollution:

1. Los Angeles-Long Beach, CA
  2. Visalia-Porterville-Hanford, CA
  3. Bakersfield, CA
  4. Fresno-Madera, CA
  5. Sacramento-Roseville, CA
  6. Houston-The Woodlands, TX
  7. Modesto-Merced, CA
  8. Dallas-Fort Worth, TX-OK
  9. Washington-Baltimore-Arlington, DC-MD-VA-WV-PA
  10. Las Vegas-Henderson, NV-AZ

There were four cities, however, that stood out as the cleanest. That means they had no days in the unhealthy level for ozone or short-term particle pollution and were on the list of the cleanest cities for year-round particle pollution. Those cities were Bangor, ME, Bismarck, ND, Cape Coral-Fort Myers, FL, and Salinas, CA.

So if you want to breathe easy, now you know where you should (and probably shouldn’t) move.

http://time.com/82505/most-polluted-cities-in-america/

Edited by tatee - Apr 30 2014 at 5:15pm
Sponsored Links

Bonjour baby ooowee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Bonjour baby ooowee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 5:21pm
wOw california & texas was doin they thang on this list Ouch
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 5:33pm
in the Bay Area we have Spare the Air days and they fine you for stuff like wood burning...not sure if it's been adopted in other places or if it really makes a huge difference but you feel like you're part of a bigger thing when you participate.  you're just being kinder to the Earth those days.
AshBash89 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AshBash89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 5:36pm
I'm surprised that NYC isn't on there. Cali dominated that list, sheesh!
MinnyMiss16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MinnyMiss16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 5:41pm
I used to live in Cape Coral, its back woodsy so that makes sense, now Ft Myers is right next to Cape Coral so that makes sense but its hooood! Dont go there lol.
Fcgriffin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fcgriffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 5:46pm
Flying in to LAX is the worst! That smog starts to suffocate on descent. I was shocked the first time it happened
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 5:51pm
bakersfield? but theres nothing there...lol.unless i was on the wrong side of the tracks.
it was just open field everywhere..
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by Lady ICE Lady ICE wrote:

bakersfield? but theres nothing there...lol.unless i was on the wrong side of the tracks.
it was just open field everywhere..

i think it might be all the farms, cows, and warehouses like in Fresno b/c i have no clue...dry ass cities.
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 6:10pm
How did I know this before clicking LOL

1. Los Angeles-Long Beach, CA
Marcelo22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Marcelo22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 12:12am
surprised only one east coast city is on there
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style