FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

1 year since last relaxer

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
sniktaw92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sniktaw92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1 year since last relaxer
    Posted: Feb 18 2013 at 7:33pm
Well it has been about a year since i got my last relaxer. but i'm fine with that. because i wear sew ins. i won't consider myself "natural" or transitioning, but you can tell it's been a year since my last relaxer...

i wanna give weave a break and dye my hair, but i refuse to relax it. and i don't wanna walk around looking like who shot john, lol.Dead

any suggestions on what i should do?
Sponsored Links

KunoichiNindroid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KunoichiNindroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2013 at 10:49am
How long is it? Showing us some pics would be great help.Why don't you wan't to relax it yet? If you relax your hair and do a semi permanent hair colour on the same day, the colour will take better.
sniktaw92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sniktaw92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2013 at 6:12pm
It's actually in a sew in still but its like to my collar bone when I attempt to straighten it. I dont wanna relax it cause it's been so long, its so thick and I'm a little scared. :/ is Clairol texture tones the kind of dye you suggested?
sniktaw92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sniktaw92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2013 at 6:14pm
nevermind i see that it's permenant*.
KunoichiNindroid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KunoichiNindroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2013 at 7:23am
Okay. Hmm...Are you planning on relaxing your hair again? If you are then you should try a semi permanent color. You might not be able to get lighter colours though. But if you're not sure you could probably lighten your hair with a 20 vol developer. You should look into L'oreal hicolour. I've seen a few people here rave about it and the reviews look really good. If you're definitely going to stop relaxing you could get away with a 30 vol developer but you might want to get rid of the relaxed ends first.
Cherie70 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherie70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 7:57pm

Did you have any setbacks from stretching the relaxer for a year?  Also when are  you going to put in your next relaxer?

katakana89 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katakana89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 11:55pm
If it's been a year you are technically wearing your virgin hair and salons will consider you natural because it is no longer a few inches of new growth, and if you get a relaxer soon it may be considered a virgin relaxer and not just a touch up. If you still want to have relaxed hair I would make sure the hair is healthy and on track (moisture, protien, etc) and relax it a few weeks depending on health after your weave install. If not, you might as well go natural
sniktaw92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sniktaw92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2013 at 10:28pm
no setbacks since I've been wearing sew ins for like 2 years straight. I think I've made up my mind about just cutting off my permed ends and wearing sew ins as usual for my protective style.
fushroush View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fushroush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2013 at 3:38am
If you relax your hair and do a semi permanent hair colour on the same day, the colour will take better.

--------------
Cheap DVD-http://www.dvdjoy.co.uk/

Edited by fushroush - Apr 11 2013 at 3:38am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair