Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

1 inch in 1 week challenge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 37>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2013 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by TripleL1967 TripleL1967 wrote:

@ Benni. I question whether I should cut or not every time. No one sees it but me and hubby. I just can't stand looking at the differences in length caused by that V so I cut off the offending strands and start anew. I will reach my goal eventually as will we all.

1/4 in a week is still good growth.

I don't know why I have such a hard time posting to this board.

@ TripleL1967, Visualize it and I will come

Thanks, I feel the same way also.

I decided to stop focusing so much on my hair. My attention is now on my skin. I found a very good Forum, and I have spent a few nights reading until 5 a.m.

Sponsored Links

Ms_Kudos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms_Kudos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2013 at 1:12pm
Benni, please share said forum.  THANKS!
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2013 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by Ms_Kudos Ms_Kudos wrote:

'skincare talk'. It is an A-Z about skin acre.

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2013 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by Benni Benni wrote:

'skincare talk'. It is an A-Z about skin acre.

@ Ms_Kudos, I just found out that Costco has Amlactin Lotion on sale 10/30-11/20, $4 off. No limits. This lotion contains 12 % Lactic Acid
Ms_Kudos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms_Kudos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2013 at 11:59am
Thanks... is that for skin lightening??  I'm just briefly looked at the site, and that's what comes up.  Not interested in that, but I'm sure there's a wealth of information I can come up on.

Also, I think I'm going to start again inverting tonight!  I'm changing up my ps,slightly, so I should be able to massage and oil my scalp this go round.
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2013 at 5:26pm

Thanks... is that for skin lightening??  I'm just briefly looked at the site, and that's what comes up.  Not interested in that, but I'm sure there's a wealth of information I can come up on.

Also, I think I'm going to start again inverting tonight!  I'm changing up my ps,slightly, so I should be able to massage and oil my scalp this go round.

Amlactin is a mild lightener. I should help remove the surface darkening from sun damage. (maybe we should take this to the Skin part of the Forum , don't want complaints of hijacking)

Good Luck on this round of inversion .

Enjoy the site. There is sooooo much info
Ms_Kudos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms_Kudos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2013 at 1:49pm
...was thinking the same thing!!

Thanks!
relaxedtresses View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote relaxedtresses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2013 at 7:38pm
I didn't get an inch but I didn't lose anything either.  I may give it another try and make sure I am inverting for the full 4 minutes.
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2013 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by relaxedtresses relaxedtresses wrote:

I didn't get an inch but I didn't lose anything either.  I may give it another try and make sure I am inverting for the full 4 minutes.

I felt the same way, everything that stayed on my head is a plus
krazygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote krazygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2013 at 5:59am
So I posted this less than a month ago, and the back middle has grown another inch :O

On October 8, I had posted the back middle of my nape as 9 inches, now it's 10. So I got 2 inches there this month! I didn't measure anywhere else. I just have a habit of pulling that one piece of hair down to see where it falls, and I realized last night as I was doing it that I had to bend my arm further so I checked.

I've been checking the front informally, and still no growth there all month :( It's still at the bottom of my chin. I have a lot of trouble growing the front of my hair, and I'm scared my hair is a mullet right now (but I'm natural and haven't flat ironed to check in a long time). In the past 4 years, while the back of my hair has gone from shaved completely to 8-10 inches, the front of my hair has only gone from the bridge of my nose to my chin :s It's only gone from the tip of my nose to my chin in 2 years.

ANYWAY

I'll be doing another inversion, starting tomorrow. 

Does anyone have any tips on how to get some growth in the front?

What I currently do is a yoga pose, standing, then bending forward to touch the floor. Should I try something else?? HELP!!

ETA: I'll take pics this time!

And now that I think about it, the front of my hair was at my top lip back in July... so it's gone from there to my chin in the last 5 months, after being stagnated at my nose for years. I guess it is actually growing now.

Originally posted by krazygirl krazygirl wrote:

THIS WORKS!! Trust me, I was skeptical about this when I first started doing it on Friday. I made a video on Friday, measuring different sections of hair. I did the inversion method Friday and Saturday, then skipped Sunday because I was lazy and didn't think it would be a big deal. Then I did it yesterday.

I've been pulling the front of my hair down and it's been the same length, so I was discouraged and thought about not doing it today.

BUT THEN I decided to just watch the video I made on Friday and measure my hair, just to see if I was actually getting growth. And I was right---the front and crown are the same length. But the back has grown half an inch to over an inch in some places!!

I was completely floored... The back middle at my nape was 8 inches and now it's 9. The back left corner was a little over 8 inches and now it's also 9. The back right corner was 7.5 inches and now it's more than 8 inches.

Unfortunately, I didn't take the video seriously on Friday, so I didn't use a newspaper or anything to prove the date (though I could probably print screen the date the video was made??) I don't know, I'm not technologically savvy. And to be honest, I don't really want my face shown in the video because most people don't know that I wear weave/wigs 100% of the time.

Let me just tell you that it works. Try it. I was a skeptic too. I joined BHM ini 2008 and my last relaxer was in January of 2009. My hair is still shoulder length (though it's quickly approaching APL!!). I'm an extreeeemely slow grower because I have anemia and hypothyroidism. I've had a ton of setbacks with my hair completely falling out in chunks and leaving me with large bald spots. There are months when I'll put braids in or a weave in, and THERE IS NO GROWTH, I sh*t you not. My hair grows, on average, a quarter of an inch every two months. I've been on this hair journey for four years now; I've made threads about how discouraging my progress is, and I've tried every single thing that's ever been done to grow black hair.

For the past 4 months I've been consistently taking silica and biotin (my vitamin intake in the past wasn't consistent) and I've had a bit of growth; I'd estimate about 1 inch in the past 4 months. And I've sort of just accepted that my hair grows slow and that's that.

I'll add that I'm Nigerian and I have type 4 hair.

TL;DR

But oh my God. It's been 4 days and my hair has grown an inch in some places, which is more than I get for months at a time.

This method 100% worked for me and I will definitely continue to do it. Maybe I'll take pics of the back of my head so that my face isn't shown...

Edited by krazygirl - Oct 31 2013 at 6:04am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style