Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

1 inch in 1 week challenge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 38>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
TripleL1967 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TripleL1967 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2013 at 5:28pm
@ Brown_cuty That is still good growth in just a weeks time! Congrats!
Sponsored Links

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2013 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by TripleL1967 TripleL1967 wrote:

@Benni. Sorry to hear about your hair woes. Sounds like you are on the path to recovery. BSL is nothing to sneeze at so congrats on that accomplishment! I have the dreaded inverted V issue Were it not for that I would have reached my goal ages ago. Every summer I'm chopping about 3 inches off to even things out. My hair will then grow evenly for about 2 months before the sides and outer back edges start running away. Are you relaxed or natural? I'm relaxed and I started texlaxing to help with thickness...I no longer relax bone straight and that has helped tremendously with overall thickness. You'll get there...

@TripleL1967..Yes, my fall out is not as drastic as it was in Aug , but it seems like every 3 yrs I experience something like this. In 2010 I had bald pathces due to fall out.
I have not had a relaxer since 1998 due to a Nigerian stylist tangling my hair so much, I had to actually chop it all off. I have always told stylist how to handle my hair, but they just do not listen. After that I totally ignored my hair, braided it and wore wigs. It grew to waist lenght, then I started flat ironing. I did not know it needed special care, so it started thinning. I wore it out for a while, just wetting it daily, leaving regular conditioner in it, and it did well for quite a while until the fall out of 2010. After struggling with it for a while, I discovered BHM. It never fully recovered. I don't expect to, since Hormonal changes occur with the passage of time

Are you defeating your growth progress by trimming 3 ins off every summer in an attempt to get your hair to grow evenly ?? That is an awfull lot to trim off. Maybe just trimming off the damaged ends would be more beneficial. Get to your goal, then periodically trim small bits off until you get it to even out.

Wishing you ALL THE BEST in your hair growth journey.

It is ALL about us accomplishing our individual goals.

Good Luck

Edited by Benni - Oct 22 2013 at 8:25pm
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2013 at 8:32pm
So I've been thinking ....It has been said that exercise is important for increasing hair growth. Exercise increases blood flow, and if done regularly will increase hair growth. Why is inversion limited to 7 days if it accomplishes the same thing   ...Increased blood flow to the head, thus the hair ???

Edited by Benni - Oct 22 2013 at 8:37pm
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2013 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by thelurkingKind thelurkingKind wrote:

@Sexyandfamous, what's up? You can't "hang" upside down in front of your man or something? LOL ALOL Also, once a month is recommended because after speaking to about a dozen or so ladies who did it past 1 week I and did not gain any extra growth past the initial first week. Yes, I conducted interviews!

Thanks for replying! Sucks that it won't work on a weekly basis, but glad to know I can repeat once a month to achieve an extra inch.

Yeah, I don't want to explain to him what's up Embarrassed
Ms_Kudos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms_Kudos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2013 at 12:31pm
@Benni, that's an interesting notion... Lurkingkind tried it for two weeks, I'll see if I can find the page...
ETA: Page 16

@sexy, I bend at the waist, that way if he catches me it will just look like I'm stretching Wink

Edited by Ms_Kudos - Oct 23 2013 at 12:36pm
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2013 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by Ms_Kudos Ms_Kudos wrote:

@Benni, that's an interesting notion... Lurkingkind tried it for two weeks, I'll see if I can find the page...
ETA: Page 16

@sexy, I bend at the waist, that way if he catches me it will just look like I'm stretching Wink

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2013 at 11:24pm
I will do this for 2 more nights. I get too lazy to do it most of the time. I have not gotten any increased growth, but I hope it stimulated new follicles. I will continue to do scalp massages, I don't have to get up for that
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 24 2013 at 10:58pm
Last night of my 7-day inversion. I may still do it occasionally though
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2013 at 12:10pm
My hair grew just shy of 1/4 inch after one week ov inverting
TripleL1967 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TripleL1967 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2013 at 3:19am
@ Benni. I question whether I should cut or not every time. No one sees it but me and hubby. I just can't stand looking at the differences in length caused by that V so I cut off the offending strands and start anew. I will reach my goal eventually as will we all.

1/4 in a week is still good growth.

I don't know why I have such a hard time posting to this board.

Edited by TripleL1967 - Oct 26 2013 at 3:20am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 38>
  Share Topic