Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1 inch in 1 week challenge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 34>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2013 at 3:38pm
Question This challenge can only be done once a month?
Only one week of the month?

Damn, I thought we could do every day, every week. Anyone knows why?
Sponsored Links

TripleL1967 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TripleL1967 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2013 at 5:31pm
@ Benni I have tried sulfur products...I think I'm allergic...makes my scalp itch something awful. I've also tried MN and had moderate success. Grapeseed, emu and rosemary are my.staple oils. Between MN, sulfur and inversion, you should reach your goals in no time.    Juicing is healthy but expensive over time...that is why my machine is collecting dust. I need to break it out again.

@ SexyandFamous. I read somewhere that if done frequently the body becomes used to it and the results become less substantial. Anyone know more or differently?
Benni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2013 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

Question This challenge can only be done once a month?
Only one week of the month?

Damn, I thought we could do every day, every week. Anyone knows why?

I have not gone back to read the original post, but i do it as often as I can. Not sure if the results would be different, but I lost a lot of density in Aug & Sept due to fall out. My hope is to stimulate new growth.

Benni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2013 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by TripleL1967 TripleL1967 wrote:

@ Benni I have tried sulfur products...I think I'm allergic...makes my scalp itch something awful. I've also tried MN and had moderate success. Grapeseed, emu and rosemary are my.staple oils. Between MN, sulfur and inversion, you should reach your goals in no time.    Juicing is healthy but expensive over time...that is why my machine is collecting dust. I need to break it out again.

@ SexyandFamous. I read somewhere that if done frequently the body becomes used to it and the results become less substantial. Anyone know more or differently?

@TripleL1967 You are using great Oils !!
At the end of July I was on my way to waist length, but never had a thick head of hair. During my Aug vacation my already thin head of hair started falling out in clumps, it looked very strange, so I cut to BSL. Basically, I am hoping to gain some density. I am not going to be too upset with some length, but my greatest hope to to re-gain some thickness.

Here is to hoping we are ALL successful in our endeavors
thelurkingKind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote thelurkingKind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2013 at 8:34pm
@Sexyandfamous, what's up? You can't "hang" upside down in front of your man or something? LOL ALOL Also, once a month is recommended because after speaking to about a dozen or so ladies who did it past 1 week I and did not gain any extra growth past the initial first week. Yes, I conducted interviews!

@Benni, I can't help myself since I'm a mama bear by nature. Have you tried castor oil, henna or cassia  for thickness? 

Welcome new comers, feel free to chime in with any questions. 

Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2013 at 11:07pm
After some laughs and crazy looks, I convinced one of my coworkers to give it a try! I'm not sure when she'll start, but I'm excited. I'm gonna try mid-November when I take my weave down
Benni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2013 at 2:32am
Originally posted by thelurkingKind thelurkingKind wrote:

@Benni, I can't help myself since I'm a mama bear by nature. Have you tried castor oil, henna or cassia  for thickness? 

Welcome new comers, feel free to chime in with any questions. 

@thelurkingKind...I use both Henna and Castor Oil.
Brown_Cuty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brown_Cuty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2013 at 2:33pm

My week is up today. I started last week Tuesday. I missed inverting on Saturday though and was only able to do it once on Sunday. I also missed yesterday....lol! I'm going to massage and invert tonight as my final one but i'm still going to take my measurements from today. I can see that my hair has grown from the looks of my roots but it's not an inch, i'm not sure how much those two days mattered... I'll post pics today or tomorrow as well as what the tape measurer says. I think I got between 1/4 or 1/2 an inch, which is pretty good considering that's how much i usually get in a month. I'm going to try again in a month too Smile

Benni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2013 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by Brown_Cuty Brown_Cuty wrote:

My week is up today. I started last week Tuesday. I missed inverting on Saturday though and was only able to do it once on Sunday. I also missed yesterday....lol! I'm going to massage and invert tonight as my final one but i'm still going to take my measurements from today. I can see that my hair has grown from the looks of my roots but it's not an inch, i'm not sure how much those two days mattered... I'll post pics today or tomorrow as well as what the tape measurer says. I think I got between 1/4 or 1/2 an inch, which is pretty good considering that's how much i usually get in a month. I'm going to try again in a month too Smile

I think I'm with you Brown_City, I have a few g-r-e-y's and don't see much progress. My week ends on Thurs morning. I am quite aware that not every thing works for everyone. No harm..No foul. It did not cost my anything, and the concept of inverting is sound. I certainly don't mind continuing this routinely as my diet improves. I firmly believe that if my blood has poor nutrients from my poor diet, inversion will only deliver poor nutrition to my scalp. I am saying all this to say that, I may have gotten better results if my diet was not as crappy as it currently is   
TripleL1967 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TripleL1967 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2013 at 5:20pm
@Benni. Sorry to hear about your hair woes. Sounds like you are on the path to recovery. BSL is nothing to sneeze at so congrats on that accomplishment! I have the dreaded inverted V issue Were it not for that I would have reached my goal ages ago. Every summer I'm chopping about 3 inches off to even things out. My hair will then grow evenly for about 2 months before the sides and outer back edges start running away. Are you relaxed or natural? I'm relaxed and I started texlaxing to help with thickness...I no longer relax bone straight and that has helped tremendously with overall thickness. You'll get there...
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 34>