Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

1 inch in 1 week challenge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 38>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ms_Kudos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ms_Kudos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2013 at 7:53am
@sexy, I missed like a day or two in my week as well Embarrassed

SN:  I can't figure out how to measure and stretch my hair simultaneously, so my black star is my measuring tool 

@lurking, this is the before and after of my 'trim' (I had to resize the pic to get my hair and star in since she cut so much off!)
It's roughly 2.5 inches between the top of my star to my collarbone.  

Ummm, for real??  You going to just hack my hair off like that?!  Do you know how long it took me to get there?! *Woo sa* and hang upside down...

Inversion progress - before - above collar bone, after: below.  I was able to measure that, and the difference is just under an inch. 

I might try doing this twice a month, cause I want my little length back!
Sponsored Links

hautsdeseine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hautsdeseine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2013 at 8:33am
I have started it on Tuesday. Im gonna check on it next tuesday
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2013 at 4:08pm
update: I started this challenge 8 days ago. If I missed a day, I would do the oil + inversion twice the following day. I started only with coconut oil, then coconut + castor oil and for the past few days I do it with 100% pure coconut oil + 100% castor oil + EVOO. I do the inversion technique sitting down for 3 minutes.

I have been trying for 2 hours to upload those pics Angry, so I am tired of trying to post them, I will just tell you guys the result: my hair grew one inch in one week! I will remain on this challenge!!!
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2013 at 7:37pm
I am now obligated to do this inversion because I joined the Monistat/Sulfa Challenge, and this is part of the regimen. It's a bit extreme there since some folks are inverting for about 15 mins. Missed doing it last night because I spent the night on You Tube
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2013 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

update: I
started this challenge 8 days ago. If I missed a day, I would do the
oil + inversion twice the following day. I started only with coconut
oil, then coconut + castor oil and for the past few days I do it with
100% pure coconut oil + 100% castor oil + EVOO. I do the inversion
technique sitting down for 3 minutes.

I have been trying for 2 hours to upload those pics Angry, so I am tired of trying to post them, I will just tell you guys the result: my hair grew one inch in one week! I will remain on this challenge!!!

Congratulations !!!!!!    I'm impressed.

Edited by Benni - Oct 17 2013 at 7:41pm
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2013 at 11:41pm
Back to inverting...I did it for 10 mins tonight after massaging my scalp . No side effects !!!
thelurkingKind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thelurkingKind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2013 at 5:59pm
@Benni
Did I read that right 15 minutes? Yikes, the thing is 4 minutes is waaaay more than enough and anything more than that is asking for trouble. There may not be side effects right away but unless you are an experienced yogi--inverting for so long puts pressure on the brain and that action repeated for 7 days is simply not safe. Why do all that when 4 minutes is enough? (I'd be beyond thrilled if you passed that message along) I knew people would go to the extreme with this which is why I was reticent to even share the technique on hair boards.  

Edited by thelurkingKind - Oct 18 2013 at 6:05pm
thelurkingKind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thelurkingKind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2013 at 6:16pm
@sexyandfabulous
Wow, congratulations on one whole damn inch, Lol. Happy it worked out for you and yes uploading pictures on here is a part time job with no benefits. 

@hautsdeseine 
Thanks for checking in, just a few more days to go. 

@Ms_kudos,
She's lucky you didn't chase her around with scissors threatening to give her a "trim" as well LOL Like I said, at least you know a method to get it back quick. It'll be interesting to see how it goes once in the beginning of the month and at the end. I look forward to your little experiment. :-)
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2013 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by thelurkingKind thelurkingKind wrote:

@Benni
Did I read that right 15 minutes? Yikes, the thing is 4 minutes is waaaay more than enough and anything more than that is asking for trouble. There may not be side effects right away but unless you are an experienced yogi--inverting for so long puts pressure on the brain and that action repeated for 7 days is simply not safe. Why do all that when 4 minutes is enough? (I'd be beyond thrilled if you passed that message along) I knew people would go to the extreme with this which is why I was reticent to even share the technique on hair boards.  

Yes lurkingKind it's true. I did it for 10 mins last night. I understand that cautionary warnings are necessary for liability reasons, most people are bending, not doing total body inversion. After doing 10 mins I did not experience any dizziness, blurred vision etc.

No one can hold you responsible, you've done your part. Everyone will do what they want to anyway.
relaxedtresses View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote relaxedtresses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2013 at 10:11pm
I've just been doing 2 minutes. Is that enough?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 38>
  Share Topic