BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

1 inch in 1 week challenge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 38>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2013 at 1:47pm
Thanks for the congratulations but I did not say that you dont need to do anything but turn your  head upside down to grow hair. That would be ridiculous  .  I said I am also using Sulfur oil, Maxi Hair  pills, biotin, fish oil, Monistat, GHE, protective styling, no heat, Laser comb, MSM and Diatomaceous Earth 

I only turned my head upside down  for one week so far for a total of about 28 minutes total. I started the HairFinity Sulfur oil and the Diamatomaceous earth (SILICA) around the same time... So I said there is no telling what caused the growth spurt. I honestly believe they all work synergistically  or a combination effect.

Edited by LadyAradia - Apr 22 2013 at 2:08pm
Sponsored Links

Ms_Kudos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Ms_Kudos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2013 at 2:02pm
Yes, I read all of that...I was just congratulating you IN GENERAL for your hair growth (regardless of if you took part in 10 challenges or just 1, I still would have congratulated you because you sought out to increase your growth rate, and you did)
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2013 at 2:10pm
thankyou Embarrassed 
YaYaStar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YaYaStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2013 at 5:09pm
Well ladies I am checking in because my week is over. I look forward to doing this again in May. I will continue to do it while standing and bending over for the full 4 minutes. Next time I will do it first thing in the morning. I did not grow 1 inch....lol. I posted pics before I started and my leave out reached the top of my upper lip. I washed and conditioned my leave out yesterday and attempted to flat iron (I don't get my hair nearly as straight as the salon) but my leave out now reaches the top of my lower lip. Pardon the first pic it is rather blurry.  

Edited by YaYaStar - Apr 22 2013 at 7:01pm
thelurkingKind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thelurkingKind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2013 at 7:30pm

Now, I'm afraid to congratulate anyone :-)

Yaya, depending on how voluptuous your lips are, from top to bottom may be well over 1 inch. IJS Haha   Lol. Congrats on the growth, I'd be more than happy if I can get a difference like that.   

Ms. Kudos, I have the exact same attitude-every itty bit adds up darnit. 

Veemack, Being a habitual length checker, yes,  I am positive :-( I think my bouts with moisture overload has affected that area more than others but I have that under wraps now.  

ETA, Yaya, I hope you don't mind, I did a side by side for you and lightened and contrasted.  
YaYaStar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YaYaStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2013 at 7:39pm
I don't mind at all! I certainly didn't know how to do it...lol. Thanks!

roflmaoLOL you made me go get my tape measure and measure my lipsLOL. From top of the upper lip to top of lower lip is a half inch.

Edited by YaYaStar - Apr 22 2013 at 7:49pm
KikiScorpio92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2013 at 1:41am
So here are pictures nothing much to see and no noticeable difference tbh. For next month I won't be using oils mainly I made up a concoction of aloe vera juice, peppermint, tea tree and a cream like monisat but it isn't. At least I won't have to wait to heat it up. Smile

Excuse the odd dimensions. I rotated them but that didn't happen. Confused
left shoulder blade -was 21-22cm = now 23-24cm
right shoulder blade -was 20cm = now 20cm
front middle -was 20cm = now 21-22cm
left side -was 19-20cm = now 19-20cm
right side -was 21 cm = now 20cm <<<- Cry that last one made me sad. 
The only thing I learnt from this is ps'ing will be in for life because my hair is at a plateau stage at the moment I can't get out if it. See you next month Wink 

NattyDoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NattyDoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2013 at 12:02pm
Well, my week is over. If my computer/camera worked, I'd post pictures (even though the results weren't dramatic at all). So I may still come back down the road a bit and post my pics so everyone can see.

I can't 100% trust measuring on my head because of the different lengths of each individual strand. BUT. From measuring and averaging things out, I got MAYBE a little over a 1/4 inch this week. Which, is disappointing, as that's my regular growth rate. :(

I still plan to do the challenge again in a month and see what that does for me.

Changes I'll be making next time:
Longer inverted poses (maybe 10 minutes long, twice a day, massaging the entire time)
Will add either cayenne pepper or MSM powder to my oil
May try a different oil (I just heated up olive oil this time)
Might blow dry my scalp afterwards, after adding more oil to my scalp (the oil never stays hot on my scalp once I apply it)

While I didn't gain any extra growth from this challenge, my hair IS much softer now after oiling it daily. So I might continue to oil it more often and see how nice I can get my hair to look. :)

I hope some of you have gotten better results than I have. For now, I'm going to start a new challenge and see what actually helps speed my growth up.
thelurkingKind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote thelurkingKind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2013 at 3:01pm

@Yaya juicy Embarrassed
@Kiki, Sorry it didn't work for you 
@Nattydoll, 20 minutes a day is a bit much. I wouldn't go past 5 minutes because inverting for looooong amounts of time can be VERY dangerous, sometimes more is not better. 
KikiScorpio92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2013 at 2:24am
It's no biggie nothing tried is nothing gained right.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 38>
  Share Topic